• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Big Brother UK

marshmello

i'm a star :)
Years
  • If you have been watching Big Brother UK ...

Who is your favourite house mate and why?

Who is your least favourite house mate and why?

For me, I really loathe Mario and Lisa as they put no input into the house.

I really like Kat as she is crazy and so funny.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Urgh, I hate the show. All it does is reinforce the vulgar stereotype britain already has.

The blind guy seemed the best, he seems the most sincere out of all of them.

AceTrainerNicole

マニアがあること? ??慢している
    Years
  • I like Kat too, how could anyone not? ^_^ cOoKiE!!!!

I don't like Mario and Lisa either. Everytime I see them they're sunbathing.

Marshmello - cool name!! - it's all just a money-making scam, like Easter.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I like Kat as well. She makes me laugh. I only really watch the show when there is nothing else on TV and I'm bored.

I hate Mario and Lisa. Want them both out.

Most shows are money making scams. Like most holidays like fathers day, mothers day and Easter.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Wow, why do so many people not like Mario and Lisa? They were booed when they went into the house, like everybody else was (they allow people to boo the housemates before they even walk through the door for publicity and entertainment sake). They've done nothing wrong, and I think they're great to watch. In fact, this year I think Big Brother has a real tight choosing of characters. And every person in the house will be missed, from a spectators view of course.

The only thing I can think of is that people don't like seeing two people who are old enough to be their parents enjoying themselves in the way which you do at that age. Believe it or not, we will be their age one day and many youths will look up at us and not like us by the sounds of things.

If anything, the people closer to my age I find the people who should be evicted before Mario and Lisa. Sylvia I wouldnt mind seeing leaving the house, but I bet my wish for that won't be granted for several weeks.

I want Luke to win, purley because he lives quite near where I'm from. :P

marshmello

Years
  • Mario is a real partroniser and really gets on my nerves when he is with Mikey.
    Mikey is capable of being independant and Mario didnt even want Mikey to play drums because " he needs to play an instrument where he can sit down and not stand up " MIKEY IS BLIND NOT DISABLED OF HIS LEGS

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Yes, maybe Mario may seem patronising when with Mikey. But he is showing that he cares, and he is in management after all so he's obviously adapting to this with his experience. And have you seen how some of the housemates are getting 'annoyed' at Mikey, for reasons that are not his fault? I think housemates who are willing to help and show that they care are more valued than those who sit back and do nothing. Some of the housemates are rude to Mikey, and show very little patience with him.

And it seems that Sylvia said it herself, she does behave in an immature manor, since she first kept Mikey awake at night with being disruptive, walked off crying, then started throwing herself all over some new guy in the house when she has a boyfriend! You don't expect somebody like that to help Mikey do you?

People like Mario should be respected for their willingness to help. All the other housemates don't help him the same way, either through being scared or just simply being selfish. I hope Mario stays in that house longer than people want him to.

Anyway enough about Mario from me for now. I think Mikey is over looked / ignored a lot in the house. However, Mikey is capable of taking care of himself yes to a certain extent. But remember he is handicapped, so does need some guidance.

marshmello

Years
  • Yeah Mikey is handi capped but come one, he can play any instrument he wants and people shouldn't not shout at him because he is blind, you should treat him the same as any other person but needs help with a little things.

I think Mario is playing a game and he is doing it much too over the top. In the diary room he was like ' i think i have completed what i was aiming to do and made sure Mikey settled in and if hes happy im happy ' im like shut up because its not like Mario is his dad. He wasnt aiming to do anything and thinks he will win cus he has a stupid fan club. I bet it has like 10 people in.

i love Kat COOOOOKIIIIEEEEE HIWAAARIOUS

i felt sorry for her when she cried when she kept getting electrocuted.

I hate man with make up. its wrong.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    lol Who's man with make up? Do you mean Stuart? :D

I don't believe he wears eyeliner, it would be too thin, and if it is eyeliner he is very neat at putting it on lol Obvously putting someone else into the house will cause conflict amongst groups, so it has all been cleverly planned to give a spanner in the works.

I thought the way Sylvia told Stuart that she doesn't think they can be friends was very out of the blue, it really shocked me. She could have been more sincere about it.

I don't think Mario is playing any games, I think he is a genuine guy. And there is a lot of conspiracy and paranoiah going on in the house, but it is clear that it's simply speculation and nothing else.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I have been watching more of BB now. I still don't like Lisa but I have changed my mind about Mario. I think he is an all right guy. But Lisa seems to cling to him. Which gets on my nerves.

I don't get what the who Sylvia and Stuart thing is about. I don't see why they can't still be friends. I mean. her boyfriend won't get jealous of her talking to another guy and if something does happen then it can't be helped. Although it isn't a real life situation so even if it did they wouldn't work on the outside. None of the supposed Big Brother relationships have.

AceTrainerNicole

マニアがあること? ??慢している
    Years
  • Sylvia's just being dramatic and trying to make the public think they need her in there so it'll be more interesting. She'll prob keep this "Should there be a me and Stuart?" thing up until she gets evicted.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    The thing i don't understand ( although i do watch the show ) is that there are loads of people living in poverty but Big Brother chooses to spend millions of pounds to go towards a useless ( but entertaining ) house .

This is indeed, demoralising, since entertainment shouldnt be seen as important as poverty. They do say that Big Brother doesn't make any money from the phone calls for evictions and that the money goes to charity. So I guess they're doing what they can to try and convince us people that they support that.

But Big Brother is a high budget show so they'd have to make their money back somehow. There is a lot of effort and time put into it, and evidently money. And it won't be replaced by anything until something even bigger and better comes along. So it will always continue to show up on our screens.

Its proven that its still a success, otherwise this thread wouldnt exist.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    This is indeed, demoralising, since entertainment shouldnt be seen as important as poverty. They do say that Big Brother doesn't make any money from the phone calls for evictions and that the money goes to charity. So I guess they're doing what they can to try and convince us people that they support that.

But Big Brother is a high budget show so they'd have to make their money back somehow. There is a lot of effort and time put into it, and evidently money. And it won't be replaced by anything until something even bigger and better comes along. So it will always continue to show up on our screens.

Its proven that its still a success, otherwise this thread wouldnt exist.
    i heard they nly had a ten year plan for the house and after ten years of it, its anyones guess...
    as the cureent one is the ninth one, it could be near the end. :3;
    but hey, could be wrong~ Xd' s'just what i hearrd~

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    i heard they nly had a ten year plan for the house and after ten years of it, its anyones guess...
    as the cureent one is the ninth one, it could be near the end. :3;
    but hey, could be wrong~ Xd' s'just what i hearrd~

Yeah, I imagine they will hold a meeting to renew the contract to see if it will be continued, or if they will do one off shows. They'll look at it as a money making business thing more than anything.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Yep, it seems that Sylvia is who the public wanted out. Tbh, I think the house will be just as entertaining without her. It'll mean the other housemates will have a chance to shine, good or bad.

There is much more than what meets the eye, and it's too early to know who is gonna stir things ups. But Rex and Mohammed are going to mess things around a bit, being the lads they are ;)

marshmello

Years
  • I dont have a problem with Rex or Mohammed.

I do have a problem with...

Mario - what a fake
    Lisa - what a boring man
    Jen - what an attention seeker

i liked jen until she had a strop about her painting and cried for hours.
    Which wasnt necessary.

I hated Sylvia.
    Thank god she is out.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I hate Luke and I don't like Jennifer. Luke was so cruel to Kat when she confronted both Mikey and Luke about the stashing of the lemonade. Luke is horrible to people behind their back (Rachel and Kat) and then he just acts as friends around them. Same with Jennifer. Also Dale is just like a slave to Jennifer. I don't like Becky either. I think she's horrible.

Back