• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • The evolutions of some of my favorite Preview pokemon. I didn't see them untill in the game.... I boxed Flabebe's evolution. It has wonderful start but the Base power of his moves are INFURIATINGLY weak. (same story with most my mons)

I would have benched Helioptile's evo... Except it plays better than it looks. AND it learns surf. SURF DOES MORE DAMAGE THAN STAB ELECTRIC ATTACKS.

WHAT IS UP WITH THE LOW BASE POWER OF MOVES!

I still like most of the game!

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    My greatest dissapointment is how ugly and lame all the new Pokemon look (Xerneas and Yveltal are exceptions) I am glad that there are only around 70 new Pokemon, and we can battle with our favorite throwbacks from the previous 5 gens. I don't know, but all the fan Pokemon people were drawing were so great, making such a nasty roster is such a let down.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't like how Mega Mawile isn't available until postgame and the overworld lacks the 3D effect (not that I'd use it, but it's a very glaring oversight)

Also I noticed some slowdown in some pokémon battles, especially Double and Triple battles.

I actually liked how there wasn't much of a focus on the legendaries considering there have been far too many of them in gen 4 and 5. It was something I felt was quite refreshing.

I would have prefered most of the old legends in the game still. I always enjoyed catching legends. They should have at least made most of the old legends available since we didn't get a trio or more. To me 4 is just too low. They could have added half of the old legends and I would have been fine with the lack of legends.

Honestly the lack of legendary pokemon really is a let down, it actually makes me angry that they make the pokedex so big but you cannot obtain more then like 6 of the legendaries seriously? the only legendares that i can find record of anywhere on x and y and your alecated ones for your version, zygarde, mewtwo, and 1 of the birds depending on your starter, but the fact there isnt any of the like 30 others in the game.. would of made the game immensely better..

I have to agree. They should have added half of the old legends and I would be fine as I said above,

A few more complaints I have, Hoard battles. I like the concept for shiny hunting, but 5 on 1 even if they are a good amount lower is annoying. Like for instance Honedge vs 5 wingull. I could only get 1 attack in and they kept using supersonic or growl and kept lowering my attack until it wouldn't go any lower and as soon as my pokemon wasn't confused anymore, they use it again. Not to mention 5 attacks on a pokemon 5 or so level higher adds up.

Another thing is the amount of towns. I had to go through like 3 towns to get to the 2nd gym finally. That just seems like too many towns between gyms. I don't know how it is for the rest of the towns, but I find it annoying.

Then we can't register more than 1 item anymore. Unless I am just missing something. I may be I am still pretty early in the game.

I had another, but I forgot it like 3 seconds before I was going to type it.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Well I just found something that really ticked me off.

I can't transfer Pokemon from other games until December. So now I am sitting in Pokemon Village spam catching Dittos in hopes of getting Dittos with a Max IV in any stat so I can begin IV breeding. And I won't be able to complete my PokeDex until December as well, which makes it even worse for me.

Yay.... x.x

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    Biggest disappointment? Probably the fact I can't even play it. I mean come on! I can't go out and buy the newest Nintendo model every time pokemon gets a new game! I sincerely wish they would make a model for the DSi. I wanna get this new game, but considering it wouldn't even work on my model, I don't see any point (nor should I! :P). I do believe however it would bring in a lot more money if they made a version available for the older models like mine. It would be a win win. Anyone agree?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • ^ Actually not, since Pokemon was ported in the DS for like 2 generations now... For me, I'm glad they ported it to 3DS and to be honest, it was long overdue anyways :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Biggest disappointment? Probably the fact I can't even play it. I mean come on! I can't go out and buy the newest Nintendo model every time pokemon gets a new game! I sincerely wish they would make a model for the DSi. I wanna get this new game, but considering it wouldn't even work on my model, I don't see any point (nor should I! :P). I do believe however it would bring in a lot more money if they made a version available for the older models like mine. It would be a win win. Anyone agree?

DSI graphic card not powerful enough

Sirfetch’d

I really have no complaints about this game whatsoever. They have completely lived up to the expectations that I had set for them which were really high and I might even say that this is my favorite generation thus far. However, if I had to pick one little thing I'd wish for a secondary legendary trio like we have always gotten, but again this is no big deal to me at all.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    My biggest disappointment is that there is no MegaFeraligtr, other than that the game has been way too enjoyable for me to notice the negatives.

Well there is one negative I didn't mention, when I battled my cousin today I didn't really like the battle stage, it was too dark. I would have preferred if it was like the ones we saw in the Pokemon Smash double battles.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My biggest disappointment is that there is no MegaFeraligtr, other than that the game has been way too enjoyable for me to notice the negatives.

Well there is one negative I didn't mention, when I battled my cousin today I didn't really like the battle stage, it was too dark. I would have preferred if it was like the ones we saw in the Pokemon Smash double battles.

It will probably be an event mega. I think there was something said about most events dealing with megas or something like that.

I remembers my other disappointment I forgot earlier.

Repels no longer keep pokemon away 100%. They only lower the chance.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    It will probably be an event mega. I think there was something said about most events dealing with megas or something like that.

I remembers my other disappointment I forgot earlier.

Repels no longer keep pokemon away 100%. They only lower the chance.

That's great to hear, now that I think about maybe that's why MegaBlaziken was the only event Mega. Maybe all starter Megas outside of the 3 we have in X & Y will be event only.

Nobody has seen this game in full detail like they did with B/W so there's probably a lot of hidden details not yet released.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • The fact that I beat the 4th gym just now, and all my Pokemon are fully evolved. side from the ones that need a stone to evolve u_u

That's pretty dumb imo, but I guess that means there's things to look forward to??

Zanekin

Bidoof is best pokémon
    Years
  • Game is too easy/short
    Horde Battles
    None of the old Elite 4 still in their position
    Champions character personality/design/team/etc. worst pokemon champion throughout the whole series.

But I really loved the game despite all that

Back