• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Bishounen/shoujo Land

Years
Last night I rewatched my copy of Pokemon White- Victini and Zekrom, and was reminded of how much I liked the antagonist Damon.

His character is quite touching. He's a noble person, who wanted something better for his community. He is a proud young man who loves his family, as well as the rich cultural heritage he comes from. As a descendant of the ancient people of the Vale, Damon grew up hearing stories of his history and their ancestral home, the once-lush Kingdom of the Vale, where princes walked a thousand years ago with the mighty dragons Reshiram and Zekrom. The Vale had become uninhabitable by the time of the story events, and it's people were scattered all around the world. What Damon wanted was to re-establish a bond with the Vale, and unite the many divided, wandering tribes into one nation again. He crossed countries almost single-handedly to find and connect with other People of the Vale, restored the castle of the Vale where it's kings once presided in antiquity, turning it into a place of beauty again, discovered and revived the cover legendary dragon, had his truth/ideal judged worthy by it, and embarked on a visionary plan to harness the power of said legendary Pokemon to restore the kingdom for everyone. So many villains seek out pokemon for foolish or selfish reasons, but Damon is neither. He was dreaming of something that should have been a good thing, and his plan did not fail due to a lack of forethought. He made logical decisions based on all the information available to him at the time, but there was a secret about the castle of the Vale that he had no way of knowing about, even the legendary dragons had not accounted for it, nor any of the People of the Vale. Damon is more of a tragic hero than an a bad guy.

He's a charismatic, strong, intense, decisive and determined leader, and I respect him for what he tried to do, he was motivated by love, and has the talent to go very far in the world. He made a mistake, but took full responsibility for it, and worked tirelessly to save everyone. I can't help but admire this bold man. He's cool-looking too. Not only that, his look perfectly embodies the theme of yin and yang of the Unova region and Tao trio with the chinchilla streaked hairdo. Half of his hair is black and the other half is white. And this dude qualifies as a bishie of mine.

Last edited:
Back