• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bitmaps/Spritesheets ready for Insertion?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Are there any sources of ready to insert bitmaps or framesheets ready for insertion with Overworld Manager or Overworld editor RE?

I've tried to edit sprites myself but they are not co-operating :(

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

FireFig

Ignite
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    Firstly it not a stupid question coz in rom hacking the faster the better :)

Secondly there no "READY" to insert sprite sheet everything online will be non indexed. If u want indexed u can "STEAL" sprites from other games :) be sure to give credit to that game creator (or from whom he stole it ;)

So go ahead and insert it using ow editor RE

AND ALSO DON'T EVER THINK ROM HACKING IS EASY

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Which sprites are you trying to change specifically?

If you let me know what you've tried already, I may be able to assist

Years
  • Are there any sources of ready to insert bitmaps or framesheets ready for insertion with Overworld Manager or Overworld editor RE?

I've tried to edit sprites myself but they are not co-operating :(

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

You can just export the sheet from OWM, edit it in IrfanView, and put it back in the game. But do not mess with the palletes.

Firstly it not a stupid question coz in rom hacking the faster the better :)

Secondly there no "READY" to insert sprite sheet everything online will be non indexed. If u want indexed u can "STEAL" sprites from other games :) be sure to give credit to that game creator (or from whom he stole it ;)

So go ahead and insert it using ow editor RE

AND ALSO DON'T EVER THINK ROM HACKING IS EASY

How is taking the work of somebody better than doing your own? Stealing these sprites without the creators permission is just as bad as stealing something from somebody's house.

FireFig

Ignite
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    You can just export the sheet from OWM, edit it in IrfanView, and put it back in the game. But do not mess with the palletes.

How is taking the work of somebody better than doing your own? Stealing these sprites without the creators permission is just as bad as stealing something from somebody's house.

Lol XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023

Well, I just wrote about it in other post. You don't think that you are stealing from Nintendo also? They don't want rom hacks. But we do it anyway, without permission. The rom is not your work. And sorry, but I'm not a fan of this kind of thinking, like why making the same sprite for the same character, just because it's not "yours". (the character belongs to Nintendo). We could just share and everyone would be happy, that's the sense of community that I have in my mind in the first place. And don't ever compare using sprites with stealing someone's house lol, this is dumb and childish.

FireFig

Ignite
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    Great minds think the same !!!! Thanks mate for support (lol this convo is damn funny)

Years
  • Well, I just wrote about it in other post. You don't think that you are stealing from Nintendo also? They don't want rom hacks. But we do it anyway, without permission. The rom is not your work. And sorry, but I'm not a fan of this kind of thinking, like why making the same sprite for the same character, just because it's not "yours". (the character belongs to Nintendo). We could just share and everyone would be happy, that's the sense of community that I have in my mind in the first place. And don't ever compare using sprites with stealing someone's house lol, this is dumb and childish.

Do you really think Nintendo cares about games that are more than 10 years old? Make a Sword or Shield hack, publish it and see how Nintendo reacts, won't you? Take this for instance: you make a hack; I take all the sprites and tileset's with some of the colors changed; publish it without giving credits. Yup, that seems childish.

Great minds think the same !!!! Thanks mate for support (lol this convo is damn funny)

"Great"? I believe you were sad because no one helped you create a sprite for your own hack.

I don't want to escalate things further. Let's just stop and keep our views to ourselves.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Sorry guys didn't mean to start an argument!

I will never use anything without the creators permission.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Romhack is going well btw thanks to everyone's help.

Still don't know what to call it...

Trying to come up with something that isn't TOO edgy

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    Do you really think Nintendo cares about games that are more than 10 years old? Make a Sword or Shield hack, publish it and see how Nintendo reacts, won't you? Take this for instance: you make a hack; I take all the sprites and tileset's with some of the colors changed; publish it without giving credits. Yup, that seems childish.

"Great"? I believe you were sad because no one helped you create a sprite for your own hack.

I don't want to escalate things further. Let's just stop and keep our views to ourselves.

I honestly don't care, like I said, we are not the creators of Pokémon and we don't profit with anything. And if Nintendo doesn't care about old games, why they shut down Pokémon Uranium and others? I know that you have the need to make your argument valid, and you believe they don't care, but they do. I'm not saying that I agree with them, but that's the truth.

I came from Mugen, who you probably know what it is. Making a Mugen character is 100x times more difficult as you have to do a lot of frames per character and animate them, but people SHARE all the creations. Because they want more mugen creators and players. I'm sad that the mentality of hack creators are very different, in fact I'll probably just make a good game for myself without sharing.

I don't have to agree with common sense, sorry. And I don't wish to continue this discussion either, you don't need to answer me.

Years
  • I honestly don't care, like I said, we are not the creators of Pokémon and we don't profit with anything. And if Nintendo doesn't care about old games, why they shut down Pokémon Uranium and others? I know that you have the need to make your argument valid, and you believe they don't care, but they do. I'm not saying that I agree with them, but that's the truth.

I came from Mugen, who you probably know what it is. Making a Mugen character is 100x times more difficult as you have to do a lot of frames per character and animate them, but people SHARE all the creations. Because they want more mugen creators and players. I'm sad that the mentality of hack creators are very different, in fact I'll probably just make a good game for myself without sharing.

I don't have to agree with common sense, sorry. And I don't wish to continue this discussion either, you don't need to answer me.

It's okay, we have our differences. But Uranium was a game, not a hack of a 15 year old ROM. And if people didn't share their things, how would there be whole sections for ASM, Hex edits, sprites, tilesets etc. It may be that Nintendo doesn't like these things, but the community made them accept. But if an individual just doesn't want his things to be shared, what is wrong in that?

Do we hack for money?
    Do we hack for other profits?

No, we hack for fun! That what matters. And I think people should be happy, even if things don't go there way.
    But let's just stop. This is dumb.

Last edited:
    Back