• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White 3D claim bogus?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    theres not MUCH of a change, but you can see a change, so at least they arent being lazy bout it ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Black and White 3D claim bogus?

I doubt all of 5th Gen is gonna be on the DS, since the DS is almost dead, so I'm not too worried about the B/W graphics. Think of what the 3DS will do...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    The trees in D/P were 2D figures the tree in B/W are actual models.

HgSs has 3D trees, if I'm not mistaken.

Black and White are on the DS. En fin. Wait till they announce the next game.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    HgSs has 3D trees, if I'm not mistaken.

Black and White are on the DS. En fin. Wait till they announce the next game.
    Nope, look at Saxisai's post on page 2.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    OK, class. Here is a 2nd Class.

Changes from 3gen to 4gen (grafx) :
    Take Mauville City and ... Hearthome City. Put Mauville in 3D, DP like and shrink Hearthome down a bit. Finally, give those yellow houses a brown pallete and see the results :
    almost same things.

We can go on with this all dy long, but please. Graphics got better since RBY till today, OK ? Even if the angle was just changed (RSEFRLG -> DPPtHGSS) or it was all drastically changed texture-talking (GSC -> RSEFRLG) it still is a major change. '-'

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I'm going to have to side with the OP on this matter.

The camera angle is not an overall change to the graphics. One could use the same exact camera angles in D/P/Pl and HG/SS with the use of an Action Replay (and in my opinion, that looked a lot better than the gameplay videos that I've seen for B/W). It just simply changes the viewing point, and there is not enough of a drastic improvement to imply that the graphics are superior.

Overall, it looks like a re-skinned version of the Generation IV games.

EDIT: I just realized that this thread has more than one page...
    I still stand by this.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Okay, look, you can't expect the game producers to improve the graphics to the point where 3-D Glasses are packaged inside of the box, too! Look, It's a handheld game, and if you want a 3-D pokemon game, try Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii. Period. Amen. The End. Nothing else to it.

Amen to that sista. :laugh:

Back