• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black and White Set and Reverse Holos

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    I have just (talking 3 days ago) started collecting cards again after a 10 year hiatus. I've gotten tonnes of reverse holo's (or at least thats what I am assuming they are) in my packs. How many reverse holos are there in the set (I'm super anal about making everything in order, currently i just have the normals back to back with the reverse holos but its doing my head in hahaha) Thanks in advance for any assistance

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Oh really? Thats kind of lame :P Now I am obligated to collect all of the reverse holos as well lol! Thankyou!

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
    Years
  • Adding on to the three previously mentioned, there are no reverse holo versions of the eight basic Energy cards.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Ok cool Thanks! What about the regular holo cards?

Also, are there any reverse holo's which are "rarer" than the others, I have....26 so far :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    The regular holo cards also come in reverse holo, and there is no holofoil on the picture in those reverse foils as well. I don't think any particular reverse foil pokemon is more rare than the others, except based on their regular rarity. My personal experience is that it's harder to get reverse trainers/supporters because there are always less of those in a set compared to pokemon.

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • Oh really? Thats kind of lame :P Now I am obligated to collect all of the reverse holos as well lol! Thankyou!

Amen. When I found that out I made the decision that I was not going to commit to collecting literally every card, and to instead take one of each regardless of holo-ness. I do prefer the alternates ("reverses") to the plain cards if I come across them, as they are shiny. But what I care about most is the art, and shiny or not the art is the same. I also avoid collecting reprint sets, and the reprinted cards from sets that are mostly reprints, like Call of Legends. However there are a lot of reprints scattered about some of the sets and I haven't gone to the trouble to weed them all out. Like you I am "super anal about making everything in order", which makes it important that I decide what the order is going to be and put some limits on it ahead of time if necessary/possible.

Last edited:

LAF

:D
    Years
  • I collect card + reverse of all the sets.

If you want to get technical, there are "reverses" of the BW Ultra Rares - Two different print runs.

The Reshiram is the hardest to pick, but I have one of each and side by side you can see a difference

Back