• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I'm waiting to see the version exclusives before making my final decision. Unfortunately, the way things are going to go, I'm going to have to buy both in order to have a "complete" (barring whatever event Pokemon NOA thinks of) Pokedex, since it's a whole new generation and I tend to have a lack of Wi-Fi.

Besides, it'll be great to explore the game without messing up the main save file.

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
  • It depends on the version exclusives, because I mainly choose which game to get because the game has my favourite Pokemon in it. (Or the Pokemon looks more awesome) :3

...Or I could just wait for Gray, if my lack of patience holds out for a year. >.<

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I'll have to choose after I learn more about the version exclusives (legendaries, appearing Pkmn, Plot changes(?) )... But right now I'm pointing towards White. I guess it fits my personality better ^^"

Ayselipera

At this point I'm undecided. Yes, Black does sound better since the name has that appeal to it, but I'm going to wait till all the new Pokemon come out. Then I'll pick based on which game features the Pokemon I like best.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Black.
    Let's disablle racism ...
    But I might switch depending on mascots. I am getting the third version too.
    There was a financial crisis ? When ? WHERE ??

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • im going to get white because most people get black. I dont think i will get the third version, as i have never gotten the third version, except for Platinum, but that was only because i lost Diamond ^^; If the third has a lot of changes, i might consider it.

Oh yeah i honestly think the third version will be called Hispanic.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Wow, black has almost double white's votes. I really thought that white would be more popular. I'm sure some people will change their versions once the cover art is revealed.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • TBA: Black. It may or may not change.

But I don't actually always go for the 1st/2nd version as some people do in each gen, mine's kinda random(-ish). Blue, Silver, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond etc. etc. etc.

Years
  • I'm going with Black,it was always my ideal shade. i don't mind having both of them though,but like I said,it's most likely Black because it's my preference.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I was going to get Black, but my roommate called it, so now I'm getting White..
    This means that, once again, by sheer coincidence, I will be getting the secondary version..its been like this since Blue..am I forever destined to get the secondary version?!

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
  • Definitely importing Black in Japanese. Going to get both in English, like I did with HGSS, though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I'll get black, White would be lame :P

Maybe for the plot you could play as dark side if you have black and you could be on good side if you play white.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back