• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    I'll be getting Black, mainly because of Reshiram looking cool. My brother's getting White, anyway, so I'll have access to both.

shot571

It was going to be black but now due to the fact zekrom is in white I guess I'll be getting white. OR i'll get a japanese black and english white.

Pokemafia

"It doesn't matter if you're black or white"
    lol sorry could help myself:)

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    My initial choice will be Pokémon Black, but I'll probably end up getting both.

I want a Reshiram, so that I can name him RAM RIDER (the name of one of my favorite musicians). Also, Random-access Memory (RAM) sounds so much more cooler than Read-only Memory (ROM).

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    I am getting...

I am getting Black. Not only because I like Reshiram, also because my friend is getting White and I wanted us to be like opposites.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Third version. Well, pretty sure...

If not then I'll probably get either B/W at some point. As for the games? Probably White, because I like white and Zekrom looks better than Reshiram in my opinion now.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    ok, i want black version! reshiram looks so cool! Though i like zekrom too... so maybe both

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I really want pokemon white. But i need to see what the exclusives are for each versions before i make a decision.

MetryoV

Ultimate Challenger
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    I think I'm gonna wait for the 3rd version

It'll have more stuff and you'll be able to capture the two mascots in it.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I'll be getting both. Then the third if and when it comes out. Okay, I'll probably get Black before White, but then I almost always get the "primary" version first. But I'll get them all, so I can not only make use of the trading opportunities, but also so I can use different teams and relive the experience without having to delete a beloved game file.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I think I'll be getting White, for Zekrom. But I'll wait and see the version exclusives. heck maybe I'll get both!

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    Black or White; which are you planning on getting?

I'm probably going to get Black, and if they have none in stock (that will be the worst case scenario) then White.

I like the Legendary from Black, but the White one doesn't look too bad either.

I'm totally psyched until this comes out, I totally can't wait! Anyone seen the main character sprites? I like the boys one.

Last edited:

AeonWolf

do the monster meteor mash
    Years
    White because I like Zekrom. I don't like the fact that they're forcing us to be racist so I just might wait and see what the third one is. I've never bought the third version of a generation except when I bought Crystal so this will be my chance to be different.

Mr. Banana Peel

beginnig hacker (needs help)
    Years
    i want BLACK

ya i really want black well i like how reshiram looks like and its dragon-fire type and zekrom is just dragon-electric type booooring (yawn) well ya and im thinking also to get the grass type starter because its sooooo coooool ya and i hope it involves into a grass-dragon type pokemon well ya thats about it.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I shall go with Black...

How dare you D: it is not because I'm black and I don't want to get white. Its because I perfer Reshiram more than Zekrom o3o.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back