• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

blank holo card ?!

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2009
    Hi

My daughter bought a load of used cards from a friend and one of them has the standard pokemon blue & logo etc on side and on the other side it's the holo texture with nothing printed on it - just a whole blank holo - is this a fake ? or rare ? or just a junk card ?

thanks

ps I could probably take a pic of it if that helps

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2009
    here's the front and back of the card - the picture quality isn't great cos i took the pics with my laptop webcam

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • The saturation of the card back looks kind of fishy, but that could be due to the image quality. Do the backsides of your other (real) cards look like this?

I know some fakes (like Yu-Gi-Oh, for instance) that, when you peel the front of the card off (which you can't do with real cards), you are left with a shiny surface.

Also, since I can't tell by the pic, does the foil have a weird pattern on it? Weird foil patterns are a sure sign of a fake.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2009
    thanks for your replies :)

Nekoban - yes the saturation is caused by the webcam - the back of the card is exactly like all the others

It had occurred to me that maybe it was possible to peel off the picture - but from what you say that's not possible

The foil doesn't have a pattern - just the irridescence when the light shines on it - and it scratches very easily

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • thanks for your replies :)

Nekoban - yes the saturation is caused by the webcam - the back of the card is exactly like all the others

It had occurred to me that maybe it was possible to peel off the picture - but from what you say that's not possible

The foil doesn't have a pattern - just the irridescence when the light shines on it - and it scratches very easily

Must be from one of the Delta Species sets, seeing as foil for all other sets had a pattern. Seems to be real to me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2009
    cool! You certainly seem to know your stuff when it comes to Pokémon cards :)

many thanks to all of you for your help

Back