• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blastoise moveset

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    BLASTOISE
    Hydro Pump/Surf(STAB)
    Blizzard/Ice Beam(for grass types)(Ice beam more accurate)
    Earthquake(for electric)
    Substitute(Mirror Coat also an alternative)

Max out speed EVs and put as many HP EVs as you can.
    For an item use Petaya berry or Nevermeltice.
    The best nature for it in my opinion is Modest.
    Hope this helps.:D

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Blastoise
    252 HP/176 Def/ 82 SpAtk
    Bold(+Def,-Atk)
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Surf
    ~Yawn/ HP: Electric
    ~Haze/ Rest/ Toxic

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    I'm still at school so I can't check but if it learns Focus Punch that would be a nice little suprise :P

I think Yawnpunch/Surf or Hydro Pump/Rest or Toxic would turn out quite well.

Or you can turn him around the other way and try a Tankish one like the sets suggested above (Rest/Toxic/Haze/Surf)

Years
    I don't really like the double-counter much; I prefer raising one defense+HP and countering with the other:

Blastoise@Leftovers:
    Bold, 252HP/192Def/64SpAtk
    - Torrent
    Surf
    Mirror Coat
    Rest
    Haze/Ice Beam

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    other way

if you want to counter a single type of attacks( Special/Physical) make sure you are countering the type you are not weak to.

Blastoise@ Lefties
    ~Surf
    ~EQ
    ~Counter
    ~Ice Beam/ Rest

Years
    Oh? I've gotten a good number of 1HKOs from the unsuspecting Lanturn's 'Bolt... If you max HP and leave the defense of the stat you're countering with to the birds, it makes for a more powerful counter. Blastoise can still take the hit and then rest up.

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
    Lion Heart said:
    I'm still at school so I can't check but if it learns Focus Punch that would be a nice little suprise :P

I think Yawnpunch/Surf or Hydro Pump/Rest or Toxic would turn out quite well.

Or you can turn him around the other way and try a Tankish one like the sets suggested above (Rest/Toxic/Haze/Surf)
    Yes it can learn FP. My leaf green blastoise is surf, ice beam, sub, fp. Yep, surprising. But evs and nature is messed up though.

Back