• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blazing Fakemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    Please don't request I create sprites for your hacks/games.
    Also I changed my mind about letting my sprites be used in other games, sorry.
    Updated: May 29
    Blazing Fakemon
    Wemur More info in the spoiler

It took me about 6 months to get enough posts to have pictures :bandit:
    I've done sprites on and off for a few years but this recent batch, from around autumn of 2009 to now, are my favorites. I've inserted a handful of them into a rom, and it's so cool to finally see my Pokemon in a game. Besides inserting and editing Pokemon, I have zero hack skills. Onto the Pokes:

Blazing Fakemon
    Nubbit, Buncy, and Dandijack

I'm the most proud of these bad boys. The limbs of Dandijack bother me slightly. Its legs are sort of inspired by Mewtwo and Lucario. I admit that Nubbit's design is really simple.
    Nubbit holds the role of Grass starter in Ivee-made-up region land. I see it as having strong Speed and Attack, average Special stats, and low HP and Defense. It looks docile but can produce deadly spores and dust to make a quick getaway. Its evolutions, especially the final one, are more prone to fight back.

More under spoilers:

Spoiler:

More to come, I didn't want to overload the first post.

Last edited:

Ivee

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    Thank you, and yes, they are scratch :D

Years
  • These are all very high quality sprites. The coloring is pleasant, the shading looks completely consistent with official sprites, you have light and dark contrasted just enough and no more, and the line work is smooth all around. Your designs are simple, but not boring. It would be very easy to make three rabbit-based sprites and only have them get slightly larger and "tougher"-looking each time, but you changed the poses, the color schemes, and the designs to make them unique. I especially like that the ears are different on each of them.

The only thing that really stands out to me as needing work is the line of fire-pigs. They're a big monochromatic and the fire looks a bit rough. Quite fantastic otherwise.

Ivee

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    Thanks for the compliments :).

About the pigs... real ones do come in different colors and markings, though when someone says "pig", the garden variety pink ones come to mind. I agree on the fire looking rough, for some reason the random nature of fire is kind of a challenge to sprite. I'll work on them sometime and repost them.

Blazing Fakemon
    Fledglet and Scrowl

I'm mostly satisfied with these sprites, except Scrowl's wing. Birds are really hard for me for some reason.
    Your generic early-game bird. Fledglet is a little different in that it is pure Normal type who becomes Normal/Flying upon evolution. This line does have a 3rd form who is not sprited yet.

Blazing Fakemon
    Porcumine and Burrowatt

Electric/Ground Porcupines. Porcumine is actually the first one I sprited of this batch. I like how Burrowatt looks, except that its shading and quills seem off. I imagine them as being similar to the Sandshrew line in terms of strength, but probably better Special Attack.
    Porcumine is very timid by nature. It prefers to stay buried under ground, and will shock an enemy and then run away rather than fight. Burrowatt, on the other hand, is extremely territorial. It bravely challenges anything who enters its territory, swinging it dangerous, spiked tail.

Blazing Fakemon
    Scorchops, Triscorch, Saburr, and Sabredon
    I like how all of these sprites came out except for Saburr's face. It looks too flat. All of these are re-dos of older sprites. I should post some of my laughably bad old sprites sometime.
    The fire dinosaurs, once starters, are now fossils, with the ice cats being their counterparts. The dinosaurs are Fire/Ground while the cats are pure Ice.
    Blazing Fakemon
    Thrickle, Coyobi, and Gileye

Gileye may get a redesign in the future. I am not liking its chibi proportions, especially since it's a non evolving Pokemon.
    All three of these Pokemon are desert dwellers. Based on the horny toad, pure Grass Thrickle shoots blood from its red eyes to scare off predators, if its thorny hide doesn't work. It has an evolution named Diabuaro, who does not have a final design yet.
    Coyobi the Ground/Psychic coyote, and Gileye the Poison/Dark gila monster, I can see as being counterparts in a way. Neither evolve and their typings are super-effective against eachother.

More to come...

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • You are a very talented spriter indeed! They all look very professional and the detail is immaculate.

I especially like the rabbit evo line; they progress smoothly and the design is faultless.

I'm not so keep on Flurp but I understand he's a work in progress. The pig evo line could do with a little work in colour and detail. I also suggest you move your new sprites to the 1st post so that it is easier to see them.

Keep up the good work!

~The Cynic~

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
    Years
  • Wow... all these look extremely detailed and the concepts for them are amazing. Good work on that!
    The only thing that sort of bothers me is that the bird Fledglet kind of looks like he's twisting his head, even though he isn't.

I think that's all that I felt was weird, but all of them are great. I have nothing to say about them, just that they're great. :rambo:

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    These do look almost professional! The coloring is amazing and not pillow-y like I sometimes do. The ninja and pig evolutions look the best in my opinion.

Ivee

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    Thanks for all the compliments and criticisms :D. I'm on vacation for the week, but I will post more of the sprite backlog when I return! Thanks again :)

Years
  • Oh, wow! Yes, looks like you're very skilled indeed! I love your ideas and execution, especially the way you do faces and eyes-- they're very expressive and likeable. You'll have to give me some tips. :3

Not so much a fan of the all-color outlines, but they work with your style so I'm not gonna complain. I do think you could use a little more work on outline shading and smoothing out your fire (which is slightly scribbly at the moment). It's clear you are very skilled.

Ivee

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    Ogod, bees!

Oh hey, got sick when I returned and then forgot about making more sprites :o

Thanks, Zephyr+. I'll need to look at actual fire Pokemon sprites for reference. There's atleast 2 gen 3 Pokemon sprites with no black in their outline, Lombre and Claydol. And they do look strange as a result, hm.

Blazing Fakemon

Woolbee, Bumbuzz, and Crownarch.

Woolbee took about 3 or 4 tries til it came out the way I liked. Both Woolbee and Crownarch I made today, Bumbuzz is a few months old. I'll probably tighten up Crownarch's outlining as time gos on and I notice more flaws.
    This bee line (snerk) is not terribly ground-breaking, but they are interesting in a few ways. Woolbee evolves at a low level (between 10 and 15), but Bumbuzz requires the extremely rare Royal Jelly item to evolve into Crownarch. The entire family is pure Bug. Bumbuzz's ability is Levitate while Crownarch has Thick Fat. In addition to its ability, Crownarch has very high defenses and many support moves to make up for its poor speed.

Years
  • I will say what others have said: these are some of the best fakemon I have ever seen. Be careful about too many three-stage evolutionary families though. Game Freak uses them very sparingly, so that they feel special when they come along.

Ivee

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    That's funny, because I was thinking I was having too many 3rd stages myself. I guess I just like them a lot, lol. There's still a lot of concepts that haven't been sprited yet, though. Not counting added evolutions, I believe gen 1 had the most 3 stage families, so i could use that as reference for a threshold.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back