• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blogs in the forum!

Podifo

Hey, I would like to see a blog feature in PokéCommunity. If you haven't seen it before, here's an example.
    jiggmin.com/forum.php?
    NOTE: This is not for advertisement. This is just for an example of how a forum with blogs would look like.

Sometimes I feel like telling what's on my mind, and it would have become spam if I post it in thread, because, as you can see, I've got over 300 blog posts on that forum.

Seeing that this forum is also powered by vBulletin, I guess this will be possible to implement?
    If your servers are still in trouble, as I've seen in past announcements, it might not be a good idea, but I would like to see a feature like this if it won't bother too much.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    We have blogs here, but you need to be a supporter (donator) or staff to use it.
    Sometimes they hold events that give blogs as a higher prize.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If you get over 5000 posts you can also get a blog too.

But if you'd like to express what's on your mind for now, you can head to the appropriate "what are you thinking" or "dear anonymous" threads in Other Voting Polls. :)

Simisage

Novice Banker
    Years
    I kind of find it ridiculous that we have to pay or post like crazy for a blog. Other sites (Bulbagarden, for example) allow you to start a blog whenever, without these kind of restrictions.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You don't have to pay for them. You can make 5,000 posts and get one that way tehehe. n___n

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I kind of find it ridiculous that we have to pay or post like crazy for a blog. Other sites (Bulbagarden, for example) allow you to start a blog whenever, without these kind of restrictions.

Blogs are included in the PC supporter package, and funds made from PC supportership go towards server costs. We need to give supporters something back for their money, and blogs fit into that nicely.

Simisage

Novice Banker
    Years
    You don't have to pay for them. You can make 5,000 posts and get one that way tehehe. n___n
    But that would take over a year! Looking at a few profiles, the average person posts 2 or 3 times a day here. Sydian by far has the highest post count I've seen, averaging about 10 posts a day. It would take 500 days to reach that amount, which is very steep.

If you wanna blog so bad, then try Tumblr or LiveJournal.
    I'm just saying the blog requirements are ridiculous. And you're saying that, instead of giving my feedback, I should just move somewhere else?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    We do offer blogs to some members on a case-by-case basis as noticed by the higher staff. You could get one that way, but honestly, we've only done that with one member, who ended up not really using the blog. Maybe we can open a request thread for starting a blog for the members who can't afford to donate, and have high quality content and posts throughout the forum.

Years
    There are financial and server strain reasons that you have to donate to get a blog. Space on the server isn't as much of an issue, but that extra page can generate a little bit more traffic to the point where it may cause the database to have too many connections and crash the site, while potentially just containing trivial information such as "HEY GAIS GUESS WAT EYES JUST MAD A SAMMICH". The site doesn't have the money to upgrade to a server that can handle more connections, being somewhat on that borderline where it's just getting by on its current equipment but would need a substantial influx of monthly cash to support that higher level of traffic.

Offering them at 5000 posts is a reward to those who stick around the community and help make it an enjoyable place.

Though you can still certainly put in a request with higher staff (as in, those who hold Super Moderator, Assistant Admin, Staff Admin, and Site Admin positions) for one. Your best bet to getting it that way is to show that you're a quality poster and member and request after maybe a month or two of being a quality poster.

And if you want to see high posts per day counts check out Toujours posts per day (presently 12.98 with about 3700 posts and she joined back in March). 5000 posts in about a year is certainly attainable if you do make an effort to partake in the community.

Years
    But that would take over a year! Looking at a few profiles, the average person posts 2 or 3 times a day here. Sydian by far has the highest post count I've seen, averaging about 10 posts a day. It would take 500 days to reach that amount, which is very steep.
    I'm just saying the blog requirements are ridiculous. And you're saying that, instead of giving my feedback, I should just move somewhere else?

The blog requirements are perfectly fair. Try donating for one?

Zet

Years

To be fair, PC has more users than any other sites just giving blogs away. And if everyone were to blog at once it would be a real strain on the server.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Well, you apparently wanna blog really badly. The blog requirements are not really that bad, if you want one here so much. Personally, idk why you'd want one when you just joined. Usually people that join and become supporters get like, no feedback in their blogs. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's better to wait it out and see how much you like the place before becoming a supporter so that you can blog before you just donate right on the spot and then people are like "who is this dude posting these blogs hurr"

To be fair, PC has more users than any other sites just giving blogs away. And if everyone were to blog at once it would be a real strain on the server.

And then there's this. For a forum with as many active users as PC, the blog requirements, I and most people here find, are fair.

Back