• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Went to Walmart and bought some more of the old packs, I bought the last 4 Dragons Exalted, 4 Next Destinies and 4 Boundaries Crossed. I probably won't buy any more of these.

Here's a picture of what I got, new cards.

Spoiler:

I also got some duplicate rare reverses, a Rev Emboar and a Rev White Kyurem from BC.

Since I don't collect ND I am only looking for the Ex's, I put the other cards back in their sleeves so I don't forget what set they go with. I got 2 Pinsir rares, a Simisear, a Lapras Rev and a Gardevoir Holo.

Here's a closeup of the Terrakion
    Spoiler:

So it seems from 14 DE packs I got a Terrakion Full Art and a Registeel Ex.

Years
  • I absolutely despise Boundaries Crossed. It could have been a good set but they decided to throw in a bunch of crappy EXes, the Kyurems are trash, along with Celebi EX. That's why I'll never buy any BC ever again.

On a side note, my FF booster box comes tomorrow. :D Can't freakin wait!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I meant these particular boosters, I bought the last of the Dragons Exalted packs and the store is out of the way. They had a bunch of others packs of each.

I actually want to get a Dragons Exalted Booster Box and another Boundaries Crossed Booster Box since both my booster boxes came with 5 ultra rares, but the first came with a Bianca Full Art and the second came with a Landorus Regular art, the other 4 ex's were exactly the same.
    This is the first time I've seen these cards sold separately in store in many months, I mostly bought them for the DE packs since thats the oldest set i'm currently collecting and only have 2 ex's from, the same ex.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Seems someone's been going crazy on packs. 2 ultra rares in 14 packs is probably normal, but it seems disappointingly low even though it's probably in line with what you'd get in a booster box after opening that many packs.

Anyway, I opened the XY Dragonite checklane blister today. Got some basic energy cards, Cassius, Hard Charm, and Malamar for cards of note.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2015
    I beg to differ, Boundaries Crossed introduced good EX cards (Landorus and Keldeo)
    A new concept (ACE-SPEC) and the star of one of the most popular decks of the last two seasons: Blastoise.

I bought a Pyroar box (Thanks Donavannj) I pull a CB Charizard EX and FINALLY the good Pyroar.

Years
  • I beg to differ, Boundaries Crossed introduced good EX cards (Landorus and Keldeo)
    A new concept (ACE-SPEC) and the star of one of the most popular decks of the last two seasons: Blastoise.

I bought a Pyroar box (Thanks Donavannj) I pull a CB Charizard EX and FINALLY the good Pyroar.

Boundaries Crossed was a good set for those two EXes alone, making the Ace Specs and Blastoise just icing on the cake.

Better luck than I've had in most of the boxes I've been getting recently.

Anyway, opened a FlashFire Machamp blister. Cards of interest were Luxray, Trick Shovel, Lysandre, Dusknoir, Golem, and Protection Cube.

Years
  • Just opened the FlashFire Mega Lucario Pin Blister. Got some more basic energy, Lapras, Rainbow Energy and Great Blal from the XY pack, while the FlashFire packs yielded Milotic, Pokemon Fan Club, Walrein, and Startling Megaphone.

Years
  • Another day, another blister pack!

This time, I opened up the Haxorus FlashFire blister pack!

Noteworthy pulls were 2 Pidgeots in the same pack (one reverse, one regular), Pal Pad, Meowstic (x2 regular rares), Trick Shovel, and Magnetic Storm.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2014
    Wow that super cool I wish i had those cards omg

I want to buy all the cards on this sight but I cant :( SIGH

I wish i had all these cards but i cant afford them :( sigh sigh sigh

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Opened the Mega Lucario/Charizard triple blister pack and got FA Xerneas EX, Professor's letter, Shiftry, RH Rapidash and mental panic Malamar, Pokemon center lady, protection cube, and well, um, a Mega charizard Y pin. I wanted mega Lucario though but whatever.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I bought 3 of those Mega Pins packs, 1 of each kind.

I bought them hoping to get a Full Art from Flashfire but I did get a Full Art Yveltal in one of them, the others nothing, I only need Vivillon and Raichu from XY though I'm not actively looking for them anymore since I finished the ultra rare cards from that set. I'm not collecting Flashfire.

This Yveltal is my 97th ultra rare(Not including ace specs) that I've owned since Aug 2013, my 93rd pulled from a non-weighed booster pack.

I recently bought a Dragons Exalted Booster Box from Collector's Cache, it was the cheapest I've seen it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I bought 3 of those Mega Pins packs, 1 of each kind.

I bought them hoping to get a Full Art from Flashfire but I did get a Full Art Yveltal in one of them, the others nothing, I only need Vivillon and Raichu from XY though I'm not actively looking for them anymore since I finished the ultra rare cards from that set. I'm not collecting Flashfire.

This Yveltal is my 97th ultra rare(Not including ace specs) that I've owned since Aug 2013, my 93rd pulled from a non-weighed booster pack.

I recently bought a Dragons Exalted Booster Box from Collector's Cache, it was the cheapest I've seen it.

That's a lot of ultra rares you have, holy crap.

Anyway, just opened a Garchomp EX box. Notable pulls from the XY packs were the following: reverse holo Shadow Circle, Wigglytuff, one Metal Basic Energy, reverse holo Shauna, Bibarel, Fairy Garden, one Basic Fighting Energy, reverse holo Chesnaught, and Xerneas EX. From the Plasma Freze pack: reverse holo Kingdra, Electrode, and Frozen City.

EDIT: Also found these at Target last night:

k5RFu6Tl.jpg

All I need now are Froakie ones and I've got the set.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Today I went to Walmart and bought 1 Charizard X Pin Blister, 1 Skiddo Blister, 1 Honedge Blister and a Machamp 3 pack.

In the pin blister I got a Charizard Ex 11 and a M Blastoise Ex. So this makes 99 ex's overall, 95 pulled from booster packs and 4 BCBM. Also 25 ace specs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So my Dragons Exalted Booster Box came today, I also bought some Flashfire Booster packs and some other older packs I found at Target.

In the booster box I got 1 Full Art and 2 Ex's.

The very first ex I pulled is my 100 received ultra rare, it was a Registeel ex. I was hoping it'd be the full art but oh well. It's actually my 96th ultra rare pulled from blind packs, the Rayquaza is 97th and the Giratina Full Art is 98th.

In the four Flashfire packs I pulled a Magnezone Full Art, so 99 ultra rares from blind packs, 103 owned. I got 2 great packarts from Flashfire, only one from Dragons Exalted and I also found a Stormfront pack. I got a bunch of new holos from DE as well as reverses for a couple of the holos also.
    Spoiler:

Then the bad news, this is the front of the Giratina Full Art up close..
    tumblr_n9hwruzYrE1r12rm4o9_r1_1280.jpg

And this is the back, :(
    Spoiler:

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years
  • So my Dragons Exalted Booster Box came today, I also bought some Flashfire Booster packs and some other older packs I found at Target.

In the booster box I got 1 Full Art and 2 Ex's.

The very first ex I pulled is my 100 received ultra rare, it was a Registeel ex. I was hoping it'd be the full art but oh well. It's actually my 96th ultra rare pulled from blind packs, the Rayquaza is 97th and the Giratina Full Art is 98th.

In the four Flashfire packs I pulled a Magnezone Full Art, so 99 ultra rares from blind packs, 103 owned. I got 2 great packarts from Flashfire, only one from Dragons Exalted and I also found a Stormfront pack. I got a bunch of new holos from DE as well as reverses for a couple of the holos also.
    Spoiler:

Then the bad news, this is the front of the Giratina Full Art up close..
    tumblr_n9hwruzYrE1r12rm4o9_r1_1280.jpg

And this is the back, :(
    Spoiler:

DE Sucks. :( Hardly any good pulls :(

Are You Saying the font of the Giratina looks fake? But too bad, how did it get that bad of condition?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    No the front is fine. One weird thing I noticed with the full art packs I got is they were harder to open then the other packs. This has happened before where I bought a Plasma Blast booster from Target and the pack containing a secret rare was actually glued to the outer pack. I've also opened three Keldeo Ex's, 1 from a booster and 2 from 2 booster boxes and all three have the same damage, the left edge loks like someone took a knife and scraped the edge.
    But I don't think the pack caused the spots, I think it was just poor production at the factory, the whole sheet was probably messed up. The card isn't fake or anything. I don't really care about the back of the card anyways though I'm sure they devalues the card anyways. I seem to have terrible luck with booster boxes but amazing luck with singles/blisters/tins/promo boxes...

My first box, a plasma Blast contained 2 ex's 1 full art and 1 regular.
    My second was great, it contained a full art I din't own, a full art supporter I didn't own and then 2 new regular ex's, and a duplicate ex.
    The 3rd box contained pretty much the exact same cards except the full art supporter turned into a regular ex which I already had. The lone full art was the same full art as the first box, now this box has 1 full art and it's damaged in production...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So I went back to the Target I went to yesterday and bought a Pyroar Box and 4 Flashfire Booster Packs.

In the Pyroar Box I got a regular Magnezone Ex so thats my 100th ultra rare pulled from a pack.

The 4 boosters contained a Mega Charizard X 69/106. Interestingly the heavy pack I felt in the store was the pack that contained the ex, and also I believe the last 4 ultra rares I've pulled from Flash Fire were in Mega Charizard X packs.

Also I took a closer look at the Giratina full art and the white spots seem to be in the same location as the ridges on the cement texture on the front, the silver parts. Full art ex's don't have this cement texture on them now but I guess older sets did and if you look at the front somehow there are little white spots on the back in the exact same location as the ridge of the patten on the front. Also these ridges are dark on the inside, if you look at my picture above you see black spots on the silver parts, on the back there are white spots in the exact location as the black spots on the front. I can't tell if they are tiny holes or if it's just dark coloring. I'm wondering if this only affected Giratina since it has a ton of this foil pattern on the card.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Got a M Charizard X blister and 5 XY boosters from target, got two holo dusknoirs from it. Only thing worth mentioning out of the boosters is a Yveltal EX reg art, which is good considering I have the FA. Rev baby Yveltal, rev rollerskates, and rev muscle band.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back