• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bragging Rights

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I caught an articuno in blue with about 78% hp left in a pokeball I think that's a kinda good achievment since even hitting a legendary bird with an ultra ball is hard, but catching it with a pokeball? It's almost impossible, oh and it was the first ball I threw.

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
    Years
  • lets see the stuff I can brag about.....,My zangoose has 242 attack,i own 276 pokemon (national)
    and I have ho-oh and lugia threw a nintendo special event (not gameshark)

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • I've won a Master Rank Cute Contest with a Regirock once. XD
    But the GBA died before I saved so I went all the way back before it won Normal Rank. X_x;;

Clam

.:|Frozen DEaTH
    Years
  • In Fire Red I had to Catch a chansey and I did. Well, with help with my trusty GamesharkSP. It's a Calm nature and now a Blisssey, but I've just realized that I forgot to breed it for Aromatherapy good thing that I have Vileplume, here we go breeding agian. >.>

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2006
    I was gonna throw my master ball at rayquaza in sapphire, but I accidently picked poke ball and caught him... (I hadnt weakened him in ANY way O.o)

Years
  • I gots a bunch of Lengendaries in all of my games.
    EDIT: September 2nd 2005.
    Awhile ago I went to the add section of the Safari Zone and catched almost every species avalibale.

Last edited:

Shawaazu

Wasting technology since 1989
    Years
  • I was fighting Ho-Oh (I got a mystic ticket from the comic-con and also worked that part of the booth) and getting increasingly frustrated. I went "Ah screw it" and threw a nest ball.... and caught it. I started cracking up... too bad it was in the vet's office and everybody looked at me like I was completely insane (Even the dogs).

And after catching five pikachus I got a lightball. Now I have a source of income, five bucks a pichu at my school xD

Inugami

Years
  • I caught a deoxys(without cheating) in a net ball Weird huh?
    i also caght a kyogre in a nest ball
    Freaky

CardsOfTheHeart

We fight with our heart!
    Years
  • is it just me or did they make catching the legendary birds on FR a LOT easier?

i caught...
    -articuno with 20 ultra balls
    -moltres with 13 ultra balls
    -zapdos with ONE ultra ball

and every time i used a lv40+ alakazam to weaken them. one psychic and a few secret power was all it took. i took advantage of moltres' endure and paralyzed zapdos with my secret power.

incidentally, i just caught latias this past weekend. took my in-game jynx (aka 'zynx') from FireRed, traded it, and leveled it up to 35. then i caught up with latias; one mean look, one ice punch, several doubleslaps, many lovely kisses and 30 ultra balls later, i had my very own latias. ^_^ it did run off once when i ran out of ultra balls (only had 13 at the time -_-).

EDIT (9/8): seriously, is it just me or did they make catching ALL the legendaries in FR/LG a lot faster?

i just caught mewtwo yesterday. i only used FOUR ULTRA BALLS.
    NO, i did not inflict status on it.
    NO, i did not have a higher-level pokemon. my highest was level 54.
    i DID, however, make it run out of psychic so it could keep using swift on my lv54 golem. its EQ did the job.

besides, every time i caught it with my master ball, it had a nature that i didn't approve of. so i reset it every time.
    but when i caught it with an ultra ball, it was timid. so i'm happy. :D

Last edited:

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Random Plushie said:
    I've won a Master Rank Cute Contest with a Regirock once. XD
    But the GBA died before I saved so I went all the way back before it won Normal Rank. X_x;;

Haha, I've done that too . . . Who knew Regirock was cute? O_+

I can also identify almost every pokemon by their call . . . That's scary too huh? O_________________o

Super_Lawliet

An eye for an eye my friend
    Years
  • Shawaazu said:
    And after catching five pikachus I got a lightball. Now I have a source of income, five bucks a pichu at my school xD

It only took me one Pikachu capture for a lightball. I was on my schoolbus at the time...I squealed 0_0

Back