• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding MADNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
Years
  • was ANYONE being BORED so much that it took for ever to get a Pokemon with a good nature and a ability?

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • 1. Get AR
    2. Upload your save to AR
    3. Put it on your PC
    4. Download Pokesav and use it appropriately
    5. ???
    6. PROFIT!

This is why I use Sav Pokemon. I don't have time to breed an entire team.

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
    Years
  • well some people don't like to use ar anyway(well, like me) would be actually worth it to spend like 2 hours to breed...
    i did that just to get a staryu w/ a timid nature and natural cure

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I don't really care about things like that. Sure I plan out my teams but once I've decided on the members of it I just get them and train them not caring about things like nature or gender or ability. I battle using my favorites and if I can't win using them I train to become stronger. To me Natures are only in the games to let you know what kind of personality they have

.Occam

Ontological parsimony?
    Years
  • I have a breeding horror story. I was trying to get a Houndour to transfer to HG from PT. I needed either mild, modest, or rash nature and Early Bird for it's ability. When I finally got the combination I was looking for I has hatched 34 eggs. I have a box and a half of nothing but Houndour, 33 with the wrong nature and one with the right nature but wrong ability.

I don't know how long it took, but doing nothing but hatching Houndour eggs 35 times is pretty draining.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • .. And that's why I RNG breed. Makes it go waaay faster. You can get the nature you want + the ability + possibly the pokemon's gender in barely any time at all. <3 RNG breeding.

I've always been lucky with breeding though, on the sixth try of breeding Rotoms I got a Timid one with nearly perfect IV's and once I got a Modest Mischievous (max Sp. Attack) Togepi on the first try. XDDD

god i'm lucky. (the rest of its IVs probably sucked, but I know for a fact that the Rotom was very good)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't know what was worse;

*Going after a female Jolly Meowth with Technician and good IV's, (finally got it) or...

*Going after a Timid Eevee with a strong Ice Hidden Power and good IV's (got one with 69 power Ice HP after DAYS...)

Years
  • i needed an impish/ rock head rhyhorn for a trader in my thread, and a week later, and 44 eggs later, i finally got one.

but im pretty sure i have the worst story of them all:

i filled 7 boxes with egg bred togepi trying for a modest female with serene grace. so 210 eggs later, and i still didnt get the one i wanted. :/

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Everstone, baby.

Although, I've never really tried legit breeding. Normally I just use codes for it. If I ever get interested in a tournament, or get Wi-Fi, I'll consider it. But currently I'm content just window-shopping.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • The worst luck I've had so far, knock on wood, was trying to breed a female Timid Snorunt that knew Spikes. I accidentally bred a bunch of Cacnea, then had to go catch a male Cacturne that knew Spikes, breed it with a Roselia, then breed that offspring Roselia with the Timid Snorunt I bred earlier. I hatched about seven Snorunts, five of which were the wrong nature, one of which was a male, and on the last egg, got the one I needed.

I also plan on Masuda-ing my Japanese Feebas for a shiny one, but I can almost guarantee if/when I do get a shiny one, it will have some terrible nature.

Years
  • Everstone, baby.

Although, I've never really tried legit breeding. Normally I just use codes for it. If I ever get interested in a tournament, or get Wi-Fi, I'll consider it. But currently I'm content just window-shopping.

i had one on the mom, my modest ditto. i just didnt get the modest female i wanted with the right IVs :) i probably had dozens of modest ones, just with hustle instead of serene grace

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Well i like breeding haha call me crazy but i like. Anyway breeding is the most patience thing that has pokemon, because is a loooong way to have the right pokemon (and IV's made it more looong haha) but at the final is rewarding.
    Also i'm started to try matsuda method but has been a no-no haha, i already hatched 48 mareep's eggs.

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
  • Breeding ? Madness you say? I will tell you Madness! Hatching 100s of Eggs to get one Poke and then find out it is a Iv Off of what you want yea i love breeding i have the patience :D plus when you beat as with you Breeded team you can be like Hmm without me this would not be possible!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back