• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    does a shiny ditto have any effect on the chances of hatching a shiny?

Years
    I'm not sure if it's been asked as I haven't been through this entire thread but, I don't exactly understand breeding. I always thought it was just to get more pokemon. After reading here, I was obviously wrong. Can someone explain breeding to me?

Merose Tengoku

Pulse l'Cie
    Years
    Lol, totally forgot it have to have the moves >.< I Have both and tried to breed them, but totally forgot it has to have the attacks :P

Thanks for the reminder ^_^

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Ok, when breeding pokemon, I know that egg moves are moves passed down from the father, and I have a little book that shows egg groups, but I want to know what people mean by IV stats. Is that just the stats that are shown when you look at a pokemon's stats? I feel so newbish. -_-'

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    The Individual Values of the parents actually influence the IVs of the child, to some degree. 3 of the 6 stats are based on the parent's IVs, the rest are chosen at random. So, for example, a male Volbeat may give it's HP and Sp Attack IV, and a female Illumise could give it's Speed IV. Each parent will contribute at least one IV, though.

Sometimes, the same IV value is chosen, meaning only 2 IVs from the parents influence the child. This only happens however, if the IV value is the same on both parents. If the Volbeat and Illumise both had 14 IV in Attack, and both of their Attack stats were chosen, then the child will have 14 IV in Attack. One other stat is chosen from the parents, not two others (cos 2 of the 3 slots are taken from the Attack value of both parents).

If you are lucky to get a Pokemon with 31 IV (the highest obtainable) in one stat, you can potentially breed children with 31 IV in the same stat. Yes, that means after a lot of breeding (and a whole load of good luck!), it is possible to breed a child with 31 IV in 3 of it's 6 stats. Good luck :-)

that was copied right from a site that helped me when I was learning about IVs hope t helps you too

IV's are random numbers from 0-31, each of your pokemon stats have one of these randoms numbers, and those are the IV's. The number means how many additional stat points that stat will have overall, when it reaches level 100. So lets say a pikachu with 0 IV's in speed will have 200 speed at level 100, but a pikachu with 31 IV's in speed, will have 231 speed at level 100.
    also there are plenty of IV calculators out there just google it

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    How do you breed larvitar with assurance or pursuit? Either one is fine.
    You have to have a male pokemon that knows the moves (Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Cranidos, Rampardos) and also a female pokemon to breed with. Since only males can pass on moves to the offspring.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
    Here is an absolute noob thing to ask, but, I gotta....

How rare is a Dratini that knows Extremespeed? I got one in a trade the other day, and I'm afraid to do anything with it. :3

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Is it possible at all to breed a Tropius with Dragon Dance and Leaf Blade?
    Nope it isn't. But you could always use Chlorophyll, Swords Dance and Leaf Blade.

Here is an absolute noob thing to ask, but, I gotta....

How rare is a Dratini that knows Extremespeed? I got one in a trade the other day, and I'm afraid to do anything with it. :3

You cannot obtain an Extremespeed Dratini via breeding. It's a special pokemon given by some person in Dragon's Den if you have a slot open in your team and you answer five question's correctly (don't worry if you do some wrong, the man will say it's wrong and give you the chance to select some other answer) in HG/SS, just like G/S/C.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
    Oh....cool!

I really lucked out then. ^.^

Also, if you breed a female Smeargle with something else, do the eggs know anything when they hatch, or is it all 'Sketch'?

Years
    Trying to breed "Fangs" Poochyena

Hello, all.

I'm trying to breed a poochyena that knows Fire/Thunder/Ice Fang and Crunch. If anyone has a "step-by-step" list of instructions, a PM with said instructions would be much appreciated. I've searched the internet and found some step-by-step articles that seem to miss a few steps that are probably understood to advanced breeders. Again, any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Janus Raine

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Due to the inactivity of this thread, we've decided to merge it with the Quick Q&A thread. Please direct all your future questions about breeding there.

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back