• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Brick Joke Evolution

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Remember, back in HeartGold and SoulSilver, it was claimed that Spiky-Eared Pichu can't evolve? Well guess what, the Spiky-Eared Pichu evolved into the Cosplay Pikachu. It is evident in the fact that they are both female, as well as that Cosplay Pikachu CAN'T evolve, breed, or be traded. In fact, in order to complete the Hoenn Pokédex You NEED to catch an actual Pikachu in the Safari Zone. There's no way around it.

Discuss this theorem here.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • That's not entirely true, I mean I know the cosplay you can't breed or evolve, but I haven't caught any pikachu my self the only one I have is that one and it's registered in my dex.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    If a connecting piece of evidence between Spiky Eared Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu is that neither of them can evolve, then that means that Pichu didn't evolve into Pikachu. Which means it had to evolve for you to be right. Which means they don't have that in common.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • If a connecting piece of evidence between Spiky Eared Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu is that neither of them can evolve, then that means that Pichu didn't evolve into Pikachu. Which means it had to evolve for you to be right. Which means they don't have that in common.

Maybe they both evolve in ways the player character is unable to access? That idea leaves two questions: How they evolve, and what Cosplay Pikachu evolves into.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Maybe they both evolve in ways the player character is unable to access? That idea leaves two questions: How they evolve, and what Cosplay Pikachu evolves into.
    The only connecting piece of evidence between Pichu and Pikachu is that they're the same gender, they're unique (no breed, trade, evolve), and their species. I don't think that's quite enough for this theory. Maybe if Pikachu had something up with it's ear, or some in game dialogue to connect them, but that's not the case as far as I know.

The way I see it, Cosplay Pikachu can't be traded because she's a contest pokemon and wouldn't function in a game without them. She can't evolve because she wouldn't look as cute, and they'd also have to make a whole new five models for Cosplay Raichu. I'm betting she can't breed for the same reason she doesn't count as a pokedex entry, she's probably technically not actually a Pikachu as far as the game data cares.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wonder if we'll get a special female Raichu in the Sinnoh remakes next since we got a special Pichu for HgSs, and Special Pikachu for OrAs. Maybe Cosplay Raichu will be a thing by then xD.

Anyways the same thought came to me, but it's owner mentions nothing about time travel and seems to have breeded it herself. Perhaps Cosplay Pikachu is a prelude to special unique traits being introduced in Gen VII?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The Cosplay Pikachu show up in the pokedex without any costume, it just has the little black heart on it's tail.

Years
  • The Cosplay Pikachu show up in the pokedex without any costume, it just has the little black heart on it's tail.

Yeah that's kinda sad, even more jarring is that it doesn't count for Pokedex completion.

But it's pretty interesting to see that it's a Spiky-Eared Pichu 2.0, given that it's female like Pichu was, can't breed, evolve or even be transferred outside of OR/AS. Guess this means it also won't be able to be sent forward to future games as well, just like the Pichu was.

Back