• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bring me up to speed.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Yea, yea, I've been gone for awhile I'm old and in the past, nothing but a dust bunny lol. Anyway just wondering if anyone can bring me up to speed with all these changes. Kay, the community has gotten bigger and it has the most features I ever saw from a message board since Gaia, which is awesome especially since it's PC a place I've always respected. But craziest thing I've seen yet so far is the popularity thing, which I admit, I use to "joke" about it but now that joke has turned into a scary thought with the "Friends List", "Reputation", along side with that Member of the Month, it leaves me to think of one "honest" question. Is this message board "officially" all about popularity now, or is there any new features that doesn't revolve around how popular a person is?

Just curious and people who know me know I joke alot when it comes to the serious debating stuff because I simply know that it's not actually worth getting steamed up over, especially when you're among friendly people. But this is a bit over the line and I am just doin' my part and trying to open other people's eyes on the situation since this is a place I always respected like I said and I don't want to eventually actually lose that respect, considering the times I spent in the past from all the way back when I was only Scott from Pallet, RP'ing with people like Zeke31, Kenta & Syrus.
    -Thanks ^.^

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    <3 It's you!

Anyway, reputation means nothing. :\ You can get it for the most trivial things; friends usually distribute it to friends in return for a boost of their own, so really it has no worth. Friend lists... well, let's just say that if you look at the average member's list, they probably only speak to half the people on it, if that. :\ You just look cooler if you have a bunch of names on it. These are, at best, just like an extension of postcount.

On that note, nice to have you back! ^_^ I missed you! (You do remember me, right? XD)

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    well i like to think popularity doesn't matter, but well, in the typicle peer group(s) of the majority of members here it's a pretty big thing and a evil cruse of their current life.. so we (PC) live with it.

On the other hand.. it allows for some interesting friendships and funny moments :)

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Hmmm, I know this place has changed hugely too.Pay me no attieon if this doesn't help.

1. of my thoughts is that Members are going crazy about Rep & Post count.:/

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Generic said:
    You're right, pardon me

It is 98% about popularity =D
    lol.

Lightning said:
    <3 It's you!

Anyway, reputation means nothing. :\ You can get it for the most trivial things; friends usually distribute it to friends in return for a boost of their own, so really it has no worth. Friend lists... well, let's just say that if you look at the average member's list, they probably only speak to half the people on it, if that. :\ You just look cooler if you have a bunch of names on it. These are, at best, just like an extension of postcount.

On that note, nice to have you back! ^_^ I missed you! (You do remember me, right? XD)
    n.n' heh, I appreciate that you missed me. And of course I remember you Lightning, it ain't like 2-3 years ago on X-Mas eve when I was going to fullfill a promise to a girl but by the time I spent like $80.00 on the sweater for a present she forgot who I was x.x! But thanks. :P

PPNSteve said:
    well i like to think popularity doesn't matter, but well, in the typicle peer group(s) of the majority of members here it's a pretty big thing and a evil cruse of their current life.. so we (PC) live with it.

On the other hand.. it allows for some interesting friendships and funny moments :)
    Ya, that's the only aspect of me seeing it, but didn't want to be rude or judgemental on the situation o.O. I was fortunate to be able to hang out with whatever crowd I wanted, just I had a rocky past with my fam n' stuff and now lot of my close friends are moving away since they're older now, but I made new ones, and I value net friends as real friends and my evidence is the time I spend on the internet if it wasn't for them, otherwise I don't know if I'd still be on here.

Legendary Pok?mon Master said:
    I think post count matter more than reputation for some weird reason.
    They were a problem since the start, lol Syrus was crazy poster and I tried to match him then after he went away fro like a week and I caught up I found it pointless o.O.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Legendary Pok?mon Master said:
    I'm pretty active, but I'm not crazy about post count.

BTW, who's Syrus?
    The guy who was the true king on PC before PC was even made o.O, heh. He's funny but good guy although I have no idea where he ended up, all I know when I took that quick visit on PE2K during the big split up his parents died, which I felt bad for him but he's prob living the life. I'm sure it's all good. He was like my real life buddies so it was easy to talk with him.

Edit: That crazy fool Kwesi was also king lol...there were plenty of king's lol, fact is Syrus was of the more respected members of PC when he was around. Still lot of old members though still around I remember like Lightning lol, and Dakota and Kenny, and also PPN Steve n' Generic although we never really knew each other I guess *shrugs*.

Last edited:

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Hmm what used to make me feel home here was when people cared less about what seems to matter now. And that is what other people think about them.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Tetsuya-san said:
    If Kwesi isn't active, he's doing stuff at university. He's a very busy man, but so is Steve, but because Mr. Herron happens to be a server owner, he has better access to our community. Mr. Nkromah doesn't exactly have good access as his study bars him.

Keitaro: Like I SPAMMED about in an Other Games thread, it's good to see you back. ^^; Having a classic community moderator is very nice indeed. Hopefully, if you get active enough, I'll see the classic moderator back in his classic position. XD

I miss Syrus sometimes. I miss all our community people I grew up with. That would be a long list, actually... ...XD

And anyway Scott, remember your voice clip? XD
    WARNING: Contains 100% Keitaro Content O_O;
    My, I should try and be PC's Oprah (even hough I'm not a female...... XD). Yep, I kept your clip on my computer (as well as PSB's, Kwesi's, Shadow's... Oo;
    >.<! Oh gawd do I hate that clip, lol. I gotta so get an updated one if I get my mic working. But my voice was all messed up that night but I told Kwesi I'd do it since I came up with the idea of the topic. I deleted that clip right after, lol. In anycase I appreciate your comments very much, but there is enough people in the mod and administer section and people in line who would be more devoted as a mod or w/e then I would, like I said on the other voting polls about being a mod, is I only reason accepted being a mod to help this message board when it was in need, I don't care for status one bit, I learned that lesson from being an AOp, SOp & IRCOp from the chat rooms that I did for many years before I started using message boards.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Tetsuya-san said:
    I understand. And are you going to send Erica that sweater? XD Still, it's nice to see your return. I just hope you stay - and enjoy the Pok?mon Community. ^_^
    The girl I was going to give the sweater is named Sarah, like the billion of girls I know named Sarah *rubs his heaD* but no one knew that story on PC, at least I don't think so @.@ it's a long story n in the past, lol.

Edit: 'Bout the Mod thing never say never, if the community falls apart when I'm around who knows. And 'bout being on topic, I figured I'd bring this situation up for the soul fact of new users might feel bad if no one is talking to them and the popularity thing just might add on to the preasure, I always think about the newbie thing because I've been there and I ain't too good for no one.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    o.o; I remember you! I joined a Love Hina RP that you started.... (But never actually begun. ;-; ) Great to see you back. =3 (Though I doubt that you remember me, lol)

Popularity doesn't really matter... (not to me, at least.) Reputation was originally intended to give to a person if they made some contribution to you. o.o; But it doesn't matter as long as you have fun. =3;

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Tetsuya-san said:
    I actually can't stop remembering you by the Love Hina avatars you had. XD
    I had some pretty wacky ones... o.o' They were fun to make though n.n, that's one of my favorite parts of message boards, creating fun avatars and sigs. :D

Miyu-chan said:
    o.o; I remember you! I joined a Love Hina RP that you started.... (But never actually begun. ;-; ) Great to see you back. =3 (Though I doubt that you remember me, lol)

Popularity doesn't really matter... (not to me, at least.) Reputation was originally intended to give to a person if they made some contribution to you. o.o; But it doesn't matter as long as you have fun. =3;
    Yep, yup! I remember you but I'd be lying if I didn't say we never actually knew each other aside from that RP though. About that RP, to this day I have yet to RP Love Hina. I created a Dragon Ball one on Mediadriven where I made some good friends and of course the Tenchi Muyo RP on Webmaster called Masaki Shrine was by far the best and longest RP I ever created, but both were real fun and I figured Love Hina's gotta be wacky so why not, heh. But I applogize for leaving it, just at that time it was full of newbies like not (no prob wit' that aside from communicating to them, lol) and it simply got boring and I had so much other stuff worthwhile doing type thing that all I needed was a fake excuse to leave, which I took, heh.

The popularity thing truthfully means nothing, that's basically my whole point from experience, you make lot closer friends for those who like ya for who you are rather then some status. I've always considered friendship the underestimated feeling because people always think love is the greatest yet I consider it equal with friendship, although some might disagree if so they honestly haven't experienced a true friendship which is sad and doubtably love considering friendship can lead to love for some but... *starts talking like the teacher from Charlie Brown*. Popularity can also goto a persons head and forget what fun actually is o.O, but hey! If there are people still here that don't let it goto their head it's all good with me. :)

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Awww...

I don't really know any of you guys, but I just love how this well-meaning, debate-type thread turned into a lovey-dovey get together for old friends. X3 *Basks in warm glow of niceness* It's nice to see something pleasant going on in the CQ&F on occasion!

*Sigh* PC has been so good to me... I only hope I end up staying for a good long time and accrue some killer friends like you guys have... Thank you for making me feel warm an' fuzzy inside! :12:

Back