• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Britney Spears Discussion Thread

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wow I had no Idea about those two songs but I just got them. They are really good. the only songs I hate are My baby and Out From Underneath.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No. I can relate to Blur to a degree and I love Unusual You though.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    No. I can relate to Blur to a degree and I love Unusual You though.
    I was slow to warm up to Unusual You. I love the song now, but I was kinda turned off to it at first because of the weird fluctuations in her voice when she sang the lyric Unusual You in the chorus.

I love her song that I have in my profile:D
    Yeah, Womanizer is awesome, that is one song I would wish they would play on the radio MORE! xD

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    I've never been a big fan but, I'm guilty of completely obssesing over Womanizer(she also looks darn smexy in the video) so much I actually know all the lyrics.I also like Toxic and Break The Ice. However, I disagree about the Queen Of Pop thing, Madonna is, and will be da queen 4 evah! She's the only 50 year old woman who looks sexy, and can dance while jumping rope, heck, my mom's 10 years younger and she'd die if she were ever to do that.
    Anyways, you've all inspired me and I'm gonna make a Britney theme later.KTHNXBYE!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I've never been a big fan but, I'm guilty of completely obssesing over Womanizer(she also looks darn smexy in the video) so much I actually know all the lyrics.I also like Toxic and Break The Ice. However, I disagree about the Queen Of Pop thing, Madonna is, and will be da queen 4 evah! She's the only 50 year old woman who looks sexy, and can dance while jumping rope, heck, my mom's 10 years younger and she'd die if she were ever to do that.
    Anyways, you've all inspired me and I'm gonna make a Britney theme later.KTHNXBYE!
    I don't know why people keep saying that Britney is being called the Queen of Pop. No one has ever really called her that, she has always been known as the "Princess of Pop" ever since she came on the scene like 10 years ago.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    She is very talented, but right now, with the many pop newcomers and Madonna still around, it's probable she'd still be the Princess of Pop for some more years. On the bright side, I doubt Katy Perry would ever reach their calliber, even though I love her!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I love her song that I have in my profile:D

Speaking of that video, it's been really controversial over whether she lip syncs the whole time during the song or sings along with it. I believe that she sings along with the actual recorded track. I don't have a problem with lip syncing at all to be honest. I mean, there's so much dancing and moving around on the stage it would be impossible to be singing the whole time without showing any signs of restraint of voice and all that.. horrible stuff that singers and performers get while performing their routine.

With that said, what does everyone think about that or about lip syncing in general with stars?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    She is very talented, but right now, with the many pop newcomers and Madonna still around, it's probable she'd still be the Princess of Pop for some more years. On the bright side, I doubt Katy Perry would ever reach their calliber, even though I love her!
    Katy Perry is a good singer, and her sound is great, but she needs to get over herself. She was complaining that she was only nominated for one Grammy! She should be happy for the one nomination she got, cause IMO she shouldn't have gotten any...now B.S. on the other hand should have gotten all of them. xD

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wow, Phonography is now one of my favorite tracks on the album. Amnesia is okay but not great.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I will try to again. It just reminded be of a different version blur a bit even though it talks about different things.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I don't know if you ever downloaded all of the Bonus Tracks for her last album Blackout, but there was one that I loved called Get Back...it was an iTunes Bonus track...it is awesome...

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Speaking of that video, it's been really controversial over whether she lip syncs the whole time during the song or sings along with it. I believe that she sings along with the actual recorded track. I don't have a problem with lip syncing at all to be honest. I mean, there's so much dancing and moving around on the stage it would be impossible to be singing the whole time without showing any signs of restraint of voice and all that.. horrible stuff that singers and performers get while performing their routine.

With that said, what does everyone think about that or about lip syncing in general with stars?
    Oh it's obvious that's it's a prerecorded "Live" track. Lip syncing or not... I'm just glad Brit is up there on that stage, I'm just so proud of B!

On another note
    Unusual You >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Out From Under

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh it's obvious that's it's a prerecorded "Live" track. Lip syncing or not... I'm just glad Brit is up there on that stage, I'm just so proud of B!

On another note
    Unusual You >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Out From Under

For the last time. She is not B! Beyonce has reserved that name long ago.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    I'm a huge Britney fan, and I really like her last two cds. Her earlier stuff was sometimes good, but her later stuff was excellent.

I'm not sure if she took the crown from Madonna, simply because Madonna has been around much longer than Britney, but she's certainly on her way.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    For the last time. She is not B! Beyonce has reserved that name long ago.
    Britney Spears Discussion Thread

Case closed.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I hate Britney Spears so much.

Just a head's up - I don't want this thread to be a discussion about who's nickname is "B." When two celebrities name's start with the same letter, they're bound to have similar nicknames.

Seriously though. Why haven't I posted here yet? I only recently become a fan of Britney four years ago when I first heard Toxic. I had always secretly liked her when she first came out, but as a young boy, that wasn't cool so I avoided her CDs and such. Then, when Toxic came out, I was enamored and began to listen to her more. Then, the Greatest Hits CD came out and I asked for it for Christmas. From that point on, my fascination grew more and eventually, she became my favorite artist.

I'll admit my interest waned and artists like Beyonce, Rihanna, and Gwen Stefani creeped into my hearts, but with the release of Blackout, I fell in love with Britney once again. My love has increased more as I have discovered remixes of her music and she is by far the most played artist on my iTunes.

I am not what you would call a stan (superfan for those who don't know the lingo). I am not obsessed with every move she makes and will not fight to the death to protect her name. I acknowledge she has a weaker voice than many and that she has made many mistakes in her career. Her music just fascinates me and every time I hear one of her songs, it's like they're toxic and it's my prerogative to listen to them over and over again.

Also, if you dislike Britney, don't just post "i haet brittany so much." Post a reason. And if someone does post an opinion stating they dislike Britney, don't flame them. Counter their points, but don't attack them.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Well said. I have never been a superfan, but I have conistently been a fan of hers since ...Baby One More Time. To me In The Zone was the highest point of her career. Womanizer is really popular and is getting a lot of radio play bug I don't think it is near reaching the level of popularity that Toxic reached.

Back