• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Brock

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I don't mind Brock. It'd be nice if he did more about becoming a breeder, since pokemon episodes are taken up by 25% travelling, 50% team rocket doing something predictable, and 25% of Actual Plot.

The one thing I want to see: a female main character who isn't a Coordinator. Seriously now, contests are obviously meant to appeal to girls because they are like battles but "prettier". As a girl myself I find it irritating that there isn't a girl in the group who is as experienced as Ash and who can battle him in Real Battles, not contests. I know how Buizel felt.

I take it that you started with AG and never saw the Original Series, right? I'm guessing this because I can assure you that Misty has gone through her fair share of real battles, was never a coordinator, and is about as experienced as, if not even more experienced than Ash.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    I'm actually Old, and saw Pokemon when it originally came out. I never liked Misty and she never seemed to do a lot of battling. She certainly wasn't all that serious about battling.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I'm actually Old, and saw Pokemon when it originally came out. I never liked Misty and she never seemed to do a lot of battling. She certainly wasn't all that serious about battling.

Actually, she did seem serious about battling. Certainly more serious than Brock, anyways. Besides, she did manage to give Ash a run for his money, anyways, and she has fought a few battles and won. We can't really say she's not serious about battling. Heck, in a way, we could also say that Ash himself isn't serious about battling, putting it into that respect. If you don't like Misty, fine, but don't act like she was never serious about it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    In my opinion she wasn't serious because she never seemed to have a goal. Without a goal, the only real option was to battle Ash or Team Rocket, she didn't battle Ash very much (notice I didn't say she wasn't a match for him) and Team Rocket battles are never much fun.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    In my opinion she wasn't serious because she never seemed to have a goal. Without a goal, the only real option was to battle Ash or Team Rocket, she didn't battle Ash very much (notice I didn't say she wasn't a match for him) and Team Rocket battles are never much fun.

She did have a goal, though. It was to become the world's geatest Water Pokemon Master (something that was even alluded to way back in "Waterflowers of Cerulean City"). To not call that a goal would also mean that Ash's quest didn't have a goal either, as being a Water Pokemon master is similar to being a regular Pokemon Master, just that you obviously train water pokemon, so in a way, that would mean that Ash wasn't serious either.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    when hoenn finished they should of made ash grown up and make the characters older and after sinnoh they should make ash grown up and make him have a child with misty and start over fresh with his kid

pyronical

KOFFING!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2010
    I'm a bit sick of Brock, actually more sick of Ash - but he'll never leave. Brock's previous replacement Tracey was a total idiot though, so perhaps keeping brock isn't a bad thing.

I would prefer to just see them grow a bit older at least, that would change things up a bit - see them all in their teens, bring back Misty to hook up with Ash etc.

when hoenn finished they should of made ash grown up and make the characters older and after sinnoh they should make ash grown up and make him have a child with misty and start over fresh with his kid

This is actually a really good idea, would be a lot like the Dragonball sagas. They had it right in Dragonball Z/GT etc.. time passes, people get older, new generations replace them etc. Not forever young like Ash and co.

Last edited:

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
    This is actually a really good idea, would be a lot like the Dragonball sagas. They had it right in Dragonball Z/GT etc.. time passes, people get older, new generations replace them etc. Not forever young like Ash and co.

Yes, we need Ash to grow up! Give him some bread and Pikachu evolved into Raichu and give breed into Pichu and Ash get married with Misty and give birth into a girl named Ashley ! Ashley and her Pichu went into the Journey of the new region! /Sarcasm

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Those guys, who basically hit on women a lot, and viewing them as nothing more than mere sex objects...
    This is always painful to me having to witness this. I wish we heterosexuals actually respected women rather than view them/their bodies as being objects to toy around with.

Brock doesn't see women as sex objects. The fact that he's constantly serenading pretty girls/women does not make him a pervert, nor does it mean he only wants them for their bodies.

Besides, Brock's flirting is played for laughs. We're supposed to find it funny because it's just so silly. Brock is still immature when it comes to love; remember when he admitted he'd never actually gone on a date?

I love Brock as a character, because not only is he funny, he's also kind, generous, caring, friendly and talented (in both cooking and battling).

He hasn't actually bred a pokemon despite being a pokemon breeder.

He's not a Pokemon breeder. He wants to become a breeder and is learning more about Pokemon so he can become one in the future, when he's older.
    What do you want him to do, anyway? Breed his Pokemon while he jouneys all over the face of the earth? You and I both know that would be very difficult. For now, Brock just wants to travel and explore, learning about Pokemon along the way.

Brock is a great character, and I doubt the producers will get rid of him permanently anytime soon.

xX

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    That sounds like a really bad fanfic :\ "Ben 10 alien force!" XD

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I love Takeshi a hell of a lot and I'd be heartbroken to see him go. I think he should definitely stay. Regardless of how many times he flirts with someone, it's still funny to me. XD I luffles Takeshi. =3 Besides that, he tells us what the attacks are in the anime. Without him, there's a possibility Bulbapedia might not exist. XD​

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    IMO, Brock was great in the beginning, but with each new series, he became more of a background character. If anything, there should be something that happens to Ash in the series which leaves him injured and unable to battle or whatever. Brock, Dawn, Kotone (I know her name now is officially Lyra, but I'm calling her Kotone) and that other guy would help, and maybe get some long-needed character development (and better voice actors. Everyone sounds the same now).

Back