• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Brock's Breeding....

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    The problem is "Breeder" (and it seems to be that Breeder means caretaker, not encouraging reproduction) isn't exactly something that can be displayed easily, like Contest and Battling. And unlike Breeders we've seen, Brock is still traveling and still trying to become knowledgable about Pokemon in general.

However, you'll notice that lots of the preparation for contests (poffins, dress up, etc...) are the same as what breeders have been shown to do.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Well we know what breeding is? Do we really want an episode dedicated to THAT? >_>

Anyway, it shows Breeders take care of Pokemon, make food, massage; all things that Brock does already. I mean the only other thing is well...you know. The Pokemon group is on something because they hired Kazue Kinoshita, I don't anything can make them do anything like showing what else breeding entails...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    And grooming and getting to know what they prefer. I think they just wont show reproduction in the show even though we couldnt be having this conversation without it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    And grooming and getting to know what they prefer. I think they just wont show reproduction in the show even though we couldnt be having this conversation without it.

It's also worth noting that in the games breeding isn't firmly established either. No one has ever seen a Pokemon lay an egg.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    lol, when I read the title of this thread I thought you were saying that Brock wanted to reproduce, haha!

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Well, Brock has been called a breeder since before the games introduced the actual concept of producing new Pokémon, so they may just be going by that definition...

Besides the fact that it's a children's show and they can't really go into where eggs come from, I think the producers figure kids would get bored of seeing something without a lot of action- compare the show's version of Contests with the game's version.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think some of u guys r confused...I don't want Brock to breed his pokemon and make eggs...I want him to raise it a little more like a breeder...':D

Years
  • I think that in the show, a pokemon breeder is just someone who raises pokemon, not necessarily breeds them, since breeding in the anime is much more of a deal than in the game.

pkmn mstr ketz

i love you too
    Years
  • he did go do something for a while though, in the anime he left for a bit... but your right, not much of a breeder.
    I dont like brock anyway. fancy putting a pervert in childrens cartoons lol.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • I think if you look at his Sudowoodo, you can start to see him as a breeder. When he got it as a Bonsly it was a baby and really childlike. While hes raised Sudowoodo, it has matured, developed and evolved. I think, in anime terms, thats sort of what a breeder does, raide baby pokemon to adult pokemon... may be wrong but yeah.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hahaha but Brock does want to reproduce!

That may be true, but he is failing too much these days. Maybe he'll learn his lesson when Croagunk evolves...

I dont like brock anyway. fancy putting a pervert in childrens cartoons lol.

No, he's just desperate. Brock would only be perverted if he actually showed a sexual interest in girls, however, he's showing constipative desperation at the moment.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I think Brock's just amazing! Look at all the stuff he does! *Brock fangirl XD*
    He isn't a pervert, he's romantic!

He doesn't breed the Pokemon, true, but he's a traveller, and having your Pokemon breed whilst travelling seems a bit harsh to me. Not to mention he's still a youth, and therefore still learning. He always says he wants to become the best breeder, not that he is the best breeder. He's still trying to learn more about Pokemon before he starts properly breeding them. ^_^
    xX

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think Brock's just amazing! Look at all the stuff he does! *Brock fangirl XD*

He doesn't breed the Pokemon, true, but he's a traveller, and having your Pokemon breed whilst travelling seems a bit harsh to me. Not to mention he's still a youth, and therefore still learning. He always says he wants to become the best breeder, not that he is the best breeder. He's still trying to learn more about Pokemon before he starts properly breeding them. ^_^
    xX

couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think Brock's just amazing! Look at all the stuff he does! *Brock fangirl XD*

xX

I strongly agree, you make a good point and I think that Brock will keep learning about breeder's things.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Brock does want to reproduce... I mean, look at all the girls he has hit on during the whole series.

He's still a greenhorn when it comes to actual breeding. So, let's just say that as his adventure with Ash continues, Brock is learning new stuff.

He's not just making Poké-food anymore. Now, he's grooming, dressing-

I can see him workin' in a Poké-salon someday.

Back