• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] broken warp tiles?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    hi i am having trouble making my warp tiles connect. When i click "go to" in advance map it works fine, but when i load the rom and play it it doesn't work, the player walks right across the stairs. I have tried different types of movements and placements but it still doesn't work. I am using a fire red rom. Has anyone had this problem or knows how to solve it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    hi i am having trouble making my warp tiles connect. When i click "go to" in advance map it works fine, but when i load the rom and play it it doesn't work, the player walks right across the stairs. I have tried different types of movements and placements but it still doesn't work. I am using a fire red rom. Has anyone had this problem or knows how to solve it?

In Advance Map's Block Editor, check that the stairs that go up have the behaviour byte 6C, and 6F for the ones that go down. From what I've seen from the map, I think all you have to do is set the behavior byte 6F to the block with the footsteps to the right of the stairs.

Also, you're not supposed to be able to walk through stairs, the movement permission should be set to 1, the player only walks up/down there because of the warp. Check a different house map with stairs to see how it's normally done in Fire Red.

Years
  • broken warp tiles?

The "Block Editor" is circled in red.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    i appreciate the help but i tried all of those things and it still won't work. I don't get why it wont work. Thanks for trying :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    In Advance Map's Block Editor, check that the stairs that go up have the behaviour byte 6C, and 6F for the ones that go down. From what I've seen from the map, I think all you have to do is set the behavior byte 6F to the block with the footsteps to the right of the stairs.

Also, you're not supposed to be able to walk through stairs, the movement permission should be set to 1, the player only walks up/down there because of the warp. Check a different house map with stairs to see how it's normally done in Fire Red.

any last suggestions to try before i give up?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Take a block-copy of stairs from a similar house then try again. Don't change the tiles back to what you're using until after you've tested it once, it should work :) then you can tweak the tiles and check which ones have the correct behaviour byte.

Back