• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bruno's Journey

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Alright, I'm new, and I'm trying to post my story on as many Pokemon Fanfic websites as possible, so that I can get as much feedback as possible... If anyone has any ideas on how I could make it better, please feel free to PM me or e-mail me about it... thanks!

Chapter One
    Goodbyes

"If you don't get up, your not going to be able to get your first Pokemon!" The elderly women screamed, poking the lump that lay underneath the giant fluffy blankets. A loud muffled protest could be heard from under the sheets, as something rustled beneath them.

"Get up, get up, get up!" The old women said, poking the large lump between every 'get up'. Again, muffled protests could be heard from beneath the sheets. "That's it! I'm turning the lights on!" With a loud stomping of her foot, the elderly women slowly made her way across the large wooden floored room, until she finally reached the light switch. Turning it on, she slowly made her way back to the lump under the sheets.

As carefully as she could, she bent over, grabbed the sheets and ripped them off of the thing sleeping under them. "Grandma! Come on, just a few more minutes of sleep... If I don't get enough sleep, then I'm not going to want to go anywere." The boy, who laid curled up in the fetal position on the bed replied, gripping his pillow over his eyes.

"Fine, but when you don't get the best pick for your first Pokemon, don't come yelling to me." The boys grandma replied, turning and walking out of the room, back hunched over.

"Yeah, I'll remember that." The boy whispered under his breath, as he slowly removed the pillow that had been covering his eyes. He waited a few moments for his eyes to adjust to the light before he got up, slipped on his slippers, and made his way over to a rather small dresser that sat alone in the corner. He pulled out his underware, pants, shirts and vest, taking them with him into the bathroom.

After a refreshing shower, clothed and teeth brushed, he made his way downstairs through the cluttered living room into the kitchen. "Ah, grandma! It smells wonderful in here, what's for breakfast?" The boy asked, sitting down at the table, ready to devour whatever his grandmother might sit in front of his face. He was dissapointed, when she laid a large plate full of eggs, bacon and biscuits in front of him. "Oh... I was hoping you would of made some pancakes for me."

"Beggars can't be choosers Bruno, so shut up, and eat. Your mother will be here in a few minutes to visit with you before seeing you off... which reminds me, did you remember to pack all of your stuff last night?" His grandmother asked, sitting down next to him with a plate full of food for herself.

"Yes. I even packed the extra set of underwear and socks like you told me to do." Bruno replied, cramming as much food into his mouth as he could.

"Slow down, don't eat so fast, or you'll choke on your food before your even out the..." Grandma stopped and listened carefully. Suddenly, Bruno could hear someone at the back door, knocking.

"I'll get it Grandma, it's probably my mother, keep eating." Bruno replied, dropping his fork on his plate. He was shocked to see not only his mother standing there, smiling at him through the screen door, but also his brother. The screen door flew open, as he jumped up and hugging his older brother.

"Good to see you little brother. Miss me much?" Bruno's older brother asked, ruffling his hair as he let go from the hug.

"Yeah, I did." Bruno replied, still smiling. He quickly hugged his mom, and then led them into the house. To excited to eat, Bruno stood as he offered the two remaining chairs to his mother and brother. He took what was left of his food and scrapped it into the trash can and placing it lightly into the sink.

"So, what are you doing back, I thought that you were still out training?" Bruno asked his brother, looking over at him with a big smile on his face. Eric returned the smile, and then chuckled.

"I'm actually getting ready to head out after you leave. I'm heading over to the Hoenn Region to train before challenging the Elite Four. I thought it would be nice for us to see each other before you go off on your own Pokemon Journey." Eric explained.

"Awesome! I'm really looking forward to getting out there and working hard. Don't worry though, when I become stronger than you are, I won't be to hard on you. I'll just make you my slave!" Bruno said, laughing at himself. His brother laughed along with him.

"I look forward to it bro." Eric replied.

Bruno's mother, who had been quite until now, spoke up, "What time do you have to be at Proffessor Rowan's lab?" Bruno shrugged, and stole a quick peek at his watch. It was 9:00 already!

"Right now!" Bruno screamed, running around the small kitchen table, hugging and kissing his family members before rushing up the stairs to grab his backpack, hat and gloves. He rushed back down the stairs, breathing heavily. His mother, grandma and brother had all made there way outside, waiting for him to come out. He flew through the door, and then over to them, giving them farewell kisses and hugs again.

When he reached his brother, he was wrapped around by his brothers giant arms. For all he was worth, he squeezed his brother. Instead of a groan of pain, all he got from him was a chuckle. Eric pushed his brother away from himself, and looked him up and down. "I think you'll do fine bro. Just always be true to yourself and your Pokemon, and pay attention to them. If you need anything, just call mom, and she'll give you the phone number to the nearest Pokemon Center that I'll be close to. I'm not promising that I'll be there right away, but I'll try to be as fast as I can."

Bruno was unable to speak. Instead of an okay, or an alright, he just shook his head and smiled.

He said his goodbye's, but before he turned to face the road he saw his brother wink at him.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Here's chapter two:

Chapter Two
    A New Friend

Bruno's watch read 9:10.

He was already ten minutes late, and he wasn't even halfway to the professors yet! Twinleaf Town was pretty far away from Sandgem Town, but not far enough that he couldn't run the whole way. Bruno pushed himself on, as he kept telling himself that if he didn't get there within the next five minutes, that there wouldn't be a Pokemon left for him to choose from.

It worked.

Less than six minutes later, Bruno was doubled over, barfing into the Professor's bushes, that grew next to his porch. It wasn't long before the Professor opened the door, peaking out to see who it was that was throwing up outside his door. "Ah! Bruno, you made it. Hold on, I'll go get you something to clean yourself off with." Bruno nodded his head, unable to speak because of the vomit flying out of his mouth.

The Professor returned with a cool wash cloth and a cold glass of water. He offered them to Bruno, who took them. He wiped off his mouth and then took a long drink of water before giving his thanks.

"No problem. Well, if your feeling well enough, come on in." Prof. Rowan replied, leading Bruno through a large sitting area that was littered with hundreds of books. Some sat open, laying on the tables, while others looked to have been crammed into the bookshelves that lined the walls. The rest of the books, were the ones that either wouldn't fit on the shelf because of their size, or because the Prof. didn't have any room for them anywere else, were stacked in between any open spaces of the bookshelves, as high as the ceiling.

Bruno qawked at them, until the Prof. noticed that he had stopped, and then walked over to him smiling. "Sorry about the mess, I was doing some research until early this morning. I knew that I was going to have company, but I haven't had time to pick things up."

"It's no problem Professor Rowan, I was just looking at all the books you own." Bruno replied, still staring.

"Yes, well that's only a portion of my collection. And please do call me Rowan, everyone else does... including your brother." Rowan replied, nudging Bruno forward and into the next room, which held as many different machines as there were books in the sitting room.

"Wow, these are awesome, what are they all for?" Bruno asked, running his fingers over a rather tall peice of machinery that had a domed top.

"Most of them help me analize and take care of either sick Pokemon or hatchlings who require the attention that I cannot give to them." Rowan explained, as he stopped in front of a different domed machine, only the top of it looked like a Pokeball. "Come here if you would."

Bruno made his way over to Rowan and the machine just as the Prof. finished punching in a few codes. With a loud beep, the dome split open revealing three Pokeballs encased in each of there own indevidual domes. "Seeing as your the first trainer to walk into my doors this morning, you'll have to excuse me while I get ready."

Rowan reached into the machine and pushed three different buttons, which rolled each dome back revealing the Pokeballs that sat within them. He took each one, and with a soft voice said, "Come on out." As each Pokeball opened, a different Pokemon came out. Bruno was in awe of them. Each one looked cute, and strong at the same time. After a few minutes of staring, Bruno pulled himself out of it, and looked up at the Rowan.

"Wait, you mean that I get to choose first? I would of thought all the other trainers would of been here by now and have chosen there a Pokemon. I expected to get here late and not have a choice in which one a chose." Bruno explained, as his eyes got bigger at the relization of him getting to choose before anyone else.

Rowan chuckled. "Actually Bruno, in my forty years of being a Professor and handing out Pokemon to beggining trainers, I've never seen anyone come in as early as you did. Normally all the trainers don't make it here until well after 10:00." A few moments passed, as Bruno stood before the three Pokemon sitting on the table in front of him.

"Would you like me to introduce you to them? I don't think there is any better way for you to choose." Rowan said, walking over to the Pokemon that sat on the far left.

"Sure." Bruno replied, walking over and stadning right in front of the Pokemon.

"This is Turtwig, the leaf Pokemon." Rowan replied, patting it on the head. The Turtwig reminded Bruno of a turtle, only with a leaf sticking out of the top of its head.

The Professor walked to the next pokemon, and scratched it under the chin. "This is Chimchar, the fire Pokemon."

Bruno smiled at the monkey looking Pokemon. It looked almost like one, except it had flames coming from it's tail.

"And last but not least is Pinplup, the water Pokemon." Rowan smiled, patting the Pinplup on the head. He walked over and closed the dome machine, while Bruno stood and looked each Pokemon over. After a few minutes of silence, Bruno looked over to Rowan and said, "I think I know which Pokemon I'll pick."

"Alright then, which one is it?" Rowan asked.

"That one," he pointed at Chimchar, who began jumping up and down.

"Chimchar?" Rowan asked, pulling a Pokeball from out of his lab coat pocket.

"Yeah, Chimchar." Bruno replied, relieved that he was able to pick his own Pokemon.

"Are you sure?" Rowan asked, looking down at Bruno, a serious tone on his face. Bruno thought he looked goofy with a serious look on his face, especially with the handlebar mustache. He kept from giggling, as he nodded his head in confirmation.

"Alright then, here is Chimchar's Pokeball." Rowan replied, handing him the small sphere. "I also have a few more things for you. First, I'm gunna give you five Pokeballs so that you can get started on building a team." The old man pulled out five Pokeballs from his lab coat and handed them to Bruno.

Bruno pocketed them, in the right pocket, as to not confuse them with Chimchar's Pokeball.

"Second, I'm going to give you this Pokedex. It will help you with identifying various Pokemon that you may come across while on your travels. If at anytime you are unsure of the type or the moves that that Pokemon has, then consult the Pokedex, it will be of considerable value to you while on your journey." Rowan reached into his other coat pocket and produced a thin red and black thing. He handed it to Bruno with another serious look upon his face, and said, "Take care of these gifts, especially the Pokedex. They aren't cheap, and that's the only one I'm going to give you."

Bruno nodded that he understood. "Thank you Professor. I'll take care of the Pokedex and Chimchar."

"Very well. Let me see Chimchar's Pokeball, and I will show you how to put him back into it." Rowan held out his hand, as Bruno placed the Pokeball gently into it.

"Have fun with Bruno, Chimchar. Return." A thin, long red light enveloped Chimchar, as he dissapeared into the ball.

"Here's your Pokemon, Bruno. Take care of him, and be careful on your journey. I hope to see you get as far as your brother has, and maybe even further!" The Professor said, shaking the young kids hand, as he led him out onto the front steps of the lab.

Bruno made sure that he had everything, and then began walking down the dirt road towards Jubilife City.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Heres chapter three... More to come later!

Chapter Three
    Timmy

The trees hid the figure well.

Bruno, who had been walking for what seemed hours, had only actually been walking for about an hour and a half, before he stopped and sat down on a fallen over rotting tree trunk. He pulled out a bottle of water from his pack, taking a long drink from it. It wasn't exactly cold, but it was wet and satisfying, which was the only thing that mattered to Bruno at that point in time.

He pulled Chimchar's Pokeball from his pocket, and looked down at it smiling. He had finally recieved his first Pokemon! This was a giant step for him in his life, and he was more than eager to get started. Smiling, he tossed the Pokeball into that air as he stood up and said, "Come on out Chimchar!"

With a bright red light, the fire monkey Pokemon appeared before him. It jumped up and down happy to be out of it's confines, and finally face to face with it's master. Before Bruno realized what Chimchar was doing, the fire monkey was sitting on his shoulder, playing with Bruno's official Sinnoh League hat. "Hey stop that, that's mine!" Bruno laughed, putting the hat back on his head correctly.

"Oh, how cute!" The figure, who had been hiding behind a tall tree said, stepping out from behind it.

"Hi!" Bruno said, smiling at the stranger.

"Looks like you've got a Pokemon there friend, care to have a quick battle?" The stranger asked, moving a strand of long black hair away from his face. The stranger looked to be about four or five years older than Bruno was, putting him at about sixteen or seventeen years old. He was tall, standing at about 6' even. He wore a pair of black jeans, a black shirt with the official Sinnoh league symbol on it, and a rather wide white bandana around his head, which seemed to be keeping most of his long hair away from his face. Bruno looked down at the kids belt and realized that the stranger had a full belt! Six Pokemon!

Bruno smiled and shook his head, accepting the challenge. "Yeah, I'll battle you, but not without learning yoru name!" Bruno replied, as he felt Chimchar jump down from his shoulder and stand defensively in front of him.

The stranger smiled and walked forward, about a foot away from Chimchar and himself, holding otu a hand.

"Sorry, the names Timmy." He replied, offering his hand out to Bruno. Bruno took it, shaking Timmy's hand. He noticed that he had a rather strong grip.

"My names Bruno, and this is Chimchar!" Bruno said, letting go of Timmy's hand.

"Nice to meet you Chimchar." Timmy replied looking down at the Pokemon.

"Chimchar and I just met today, he's my first Pokemon!" Bruno replied, standing still as Chimchar climbed up the back of his leg, to settle on his shoulder.

"Oh, really? Well then maybe I won't challenge you to a battle after all. I don't want to crush you if your new to battling." Timmy replied, laughing.

Bruno's face began to turn red. Timmy was starting to make him mad. So what if he was new at it, he could still battle him. He didn't really care if he lost, as long as he and Chimchar could put up a good fight. "Why, are you afraid you might lose to a noob like me?" Bruno asked, clinching his fists at his side.

"You wouldn't stand a chance against me, Bruno." Timmy replied, laughing softly.

"Oh yeah? How do you know that?" Bruno replied.

"Well, I've got more badges than you, which means that I'm more powerful than you are." Timmy replied, pulling a small black wooden box from inside his pant pocket. He opened it, showing the three badges that he had already obtained.

"So what. What's the big deal about three badges compared to none? It still doesn't mean that I could beat you." Bruno replied. Before he could even stop to think about what he had said, he spoke up, "If you don't think I can beat you, then I'm going to prove you wrong, let's have a Pokemon battle, right here and now!" Bruno pointed to the ground.

"Fine, let's go." Timmy said, pulling a small Pokeball from his belt. He pressed the button in the middle of the ball, watching as it enlarged to the size of his palm. "Alright then, come on out Starly!" Timmy yelled, throwing the Pokeball into the air. It popped open, revealing a small gray and black bird who swooped down and around Timmy's head.

Bruno pulled out his Pokedex and aimed it at the Pokemon. "Starly, the starling Pokemon. Although small, it flaps it's wings with great power." The Pokedex said. Bruno put the Pokedex back into his pocket, then said, "Chimchar, let's go!"With a soft thud, Chimchar landed on the ground before him, patiently waiting for Bruno to give him a command.

"Alright, then Starly and I will start this off, with a quick attack!" Timmy said, as Starly swooped once more around it's trainers head, before flying full speed towards Chimchar.

"Dodge and use scratch, Chimchar!" Bruno yelled.

Chimchar waited until Starly was within reach of him before moving to the side of it's attack. Feathers flew everywere, as Chimchar brought it's small hands across the left side and back of Timmy's Starly, as it sunk it's claws into the Pokemon. It cried out in pain, as it swooped down, mere inches from the ground, kicking up dirt with it's small wings, as it brought itself back up into the air, flying back around to Timmy.

Bruno didn't lose anytime in giving his next order to Chimchar, as Starly made it's way back around to attack again. "Alright, this time Chimchar, when it comes around grab a hold of it, and keep using scratch against it!"

Timmy chuckled, and watched as Starly flew straight for Chimchar again, only this time it followed the monkey Pokemon's moves. Every time Chimchar would try and run ahead so that it could get a good jump on Starly, the bird Pokemon would catch up and start pecking Chimchar. Finally, after a few minutes of the same thing over and over again, Chimchar grabbed Starly's foot, and held on for dear life. Starly began to fly further up, as Cimchar kept scratching it's underbelly, until finally Starly stopped in teh middle of flight, and fell hard onto the ground.

It wasn't moving! Bruno and Chimchar had just won there first battle ever!

Bruno, who was trying not to smile and rub it in Timmy's face, ran forward, scooping Chimchar into his amrs as he threw the Pokemon into the air, as they both celebrated at there win. Timmy meanwhile attended to Starly, who had been badly scratched on it's belly. Spraying a purple looking liquid onto it's wounds, he returned Starly to it's Pokeball, before getting up and walking over to were Bruno and Chimchar stood, still celebrating. It was short lived, as Timmy clapped Bruno on the back.

"Congratulations! I underestimated you and your Pokemon... please forgive me for being so erragant. I've learned that I'm not as strong as I had once thought..." Timmy said, looking down at his feet and the dirt.

Bruno patted him back, smiling at him. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you lost... As long as you can show me the rest of the way to Jubilife City!"

Timmy looked at Bruno, smiling. "Done! I was on my way back anyways. It shouldn't take us that long, as long as you keep up with me."

"Alright. I'm ready when you are." Bruno replied, putting Chimchar back into his Pokeball. Timmy started walking down the dirt road, as Bruno slipped the Pokeball into his pocket. He had the biggest smile in the world on his face, as he followed.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Is this Bruno from the pokemon league? lol.

Anyway, I don't have any problems with this except one. Grammar is near perfect and such. =) It was a cliche beginning but everything else makes up for it imo.

Try waiting a day or two before posting new chapters. It gives readers time to read it all, and review what you have so far.

The only problem:

"Nice to meet you Chimchar." Timmy replied looking down at the Pokemon.

Should be:

"Nice to meet you Chimchar," Timmy replied looking down at the Pokemon.

Just put a comma after someone talks, and when you put 'Timmy replied' or something afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback dude, I greatly appreciate it! Sorry I posted my three chapters tonight, but I wrote them over the past three days, and I wanted to post them together, like on some other sited I have my story on. Funny you mentioned Bruno being form the elite four, because that's were I took the name from! I hope to have the fourth chapter up within the next two days, so look for it! Thanks.

Peace

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Nice story, I like this kind when a trainer battles his way through the League, I'm currently planning one myself, but starting in the Kanto League. I can't wait for the next chapter, just keep the Pokemon varied, and make Timmy catch one of those cute blue squirrels!

*They're my favourites 4th Generation Pokes!*

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Ah, are you quick to forget lilninjapig, that Timmy already had six Pokemon on his belt? He might have already caught a Pachirisu... (The blue squerril Pokemon from the fourth generation).

Peace

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Alright, here's chapter Four, please leave a comment, just don't read it then ignore commenting! Thanks.

Chapter Four
    Fears Overcome

"Come on, just through this cave and a little further afterwords, then we'll be to Jubilife City." Timmy said, getting up from a large boulder that he and Bruno had been sitting on. Instead of Bruno getting up after Timmy, and following him further down the dirt path to the cave, Bruno sat still on the boulder, not moving.

It wasn't until Timmy looked over his shoulder to see were Bruno was, that he realized that maybe Bruno didn't want to go through the cave. So, with a sigh, Timmy made his way back to the boulder, looking down at Bruno. "What's wrong man? Please don't tell me your afraid of the dark." Timmy said.

Bruno looked away from Timmy, trying not to cry. Timmy sighed, and laid his hand on Bruno's shoulder. "Hey man, it's kool if your afraid of the dark... I used to be, until just recently." Timmy replied, trying to make Bruno feel a little better about himself.

Timmy waited a few minutes, hoping that Bruno might turn back to face him. But he didn't, instead, he kept staring to the side, avoiding Timmy. "Hey man, you do realize that you can use Chimchar, right?"

Bruno turned, facing Timmy with a questionable look on his face. "What do you mean?" Bruno asked, pulling Chimchar's Pokeball from his pant pocket.

"Chimchar can illuminate our path... His tail does have an open flame on it right?" Timmy asked, looking at Bruno.

"Yeah, I suppose so... I never thought of that though! Your a genious Timmy!" Bruno said, jumping up from the boulder and tossing the Pokeball into the air. A second later, Chimchar appeared, excited as usual, jumping up and down.

"Hey Chimchar, do you think you could do us a favor, and light our path so that we can make our way through the cave?" Timmy asked, looking down at the ecstatic Pokemon. Chimchar jumped up, grabbing ahold of Bruno's jeans, as he pulled himself up, landing onto Bruno's shoulder.

"I think that's a yes." Bruno replied, grabbing onto his hat, as to make sure that Chimchar wouldn't take it. They both laughed, as Bruno followed Timmy to the entrance of the cave.

"Alright Chimchar, this is were your tail is going to come in handy... Jump out in front of us, and show us were we are going." Timmy said, watching Chimchar jump down from Bruno's shoulder, and onto the ground in front of Timmy. He gave the Pokemon some space, before following up the rear, letting Bruno walk behind his Pokemon, for comfort reasons.

After about an hour of walking through extremely small cracks, that even Bruno couldn't fit through, and crawling on their hands and knees through gaps in the stone walls, they finally came to a stop. Timmy motioned Bruno over to a small ledge that looked comforting, even if it was hard to sit on. Bruno rummaged through his back, and produced three apples and two water bottles. He handed a water bottle and an apple to Timmy, then gave Chimchar an apple and opened the water bottle for himself. He drank about half the bottle, before offerin the rest to Chimchar, who looked at it strangley.

Both Timmy and Bruno laughed at this, as Chimchar tried to figure how to drink from it. Bruno offered his help to his confused Pokemon, tipping the bottle towards it's mouth. Water splashed over Chimchars face and down his fur, as the two boys continued to laugh at Chimchar. The Pokemon finally figured out that it was supposed to open it's mouth. Chimchar drank what hadn't spilled on all over him, and then handed the bottle back to Bruno.

"Your a goofball Chimchar." Bruno replied, petting his head. Chimchar looked at his trainer and then said, "Chimmmm! Char char chimchar!"

Bruno and Timmy looked at Chimchar akwardly, not knowing what he said. Bruno finished his apple before the other two, got up and looked around the small cavity of a room that they were standing in. "Were am I supposed to throw this Timmy?" He asked.

"Werever dude, it really doesn't matter, it'll end up getting eaten by some Pokemon. I'd just go throw it over in a corner or something." Timmy explained, taking the last bite from his apple. Bruno knodded, and then walked over to the other side of the small cavern, and threw it against a wall. Timmy soon followed. Chimchar, still sat munching on his.

Timmy walked back over to the large rock they had been sitting on, stretched and then looked around the cavern again. Bruno grabbed his things, waiting for Timmy to tell him which way to go. But he didn't instead he said, "I've got to use the restroom, I'll be back in a few minutes. Keep Chimchar with you, I'm sure I'll figure out were a corner is." He walked off into the darkness, leaving Chimchar with Bruno.

Bruno looked down at Chimchar, who had just finished his apple, and smiled at the Pokemon, saying, "Just go over there and throw it. That's what we did." Chimchar nodded, and did so. He sort of hobbled over to the spot indicated, threw his apple core and then turned to walk back. A large blur flew straight for Chimchar. Before Bruno could yell a warning, the thing knocked Chimchar over onto the dirt floor. Bruno ran forward, kneeling next to Chimchar. The Pokemon looked fine, so with a tug, he pulled him up. They both looked around for the thing that had knocked Chimchar over, but saw nothing.

They stood there for a few minutes, until finally, they saw something out of the corner of their eyes. Bruno stood still, and spoke quitly, "Did you see that?" Bruno looked out of the corner of his eye towards Chimchar, who nodded a response. Bruno looked back over to were the thing was, which was now perched on a stone sticking out of the wall. "Alright, on three your going to run up and scratch it."

Chimchar nodded again, bracing himself for the charge.

"One... two... three." Bruno whispered.

An orange blur flew from Bruno's side. At the last second, Chimchar saw a small enough rock to jump off of. He landed with a soft pat, and pushed off with all the strength he could muster. He flew into the air, illuminating his way with his tail. He landed again, this time on the stone sticking out of the wall, and with a swipe of his claws, nocked the Pokemon off of the ledge and onto the floor. Chimchar followed and landed next to the now unconsious Pokemon. Bruno ran forward, patted Chimchar on the head, and pulled his Pokedex out, aiming the small electronic eye at the Pokemon on the floor.

"Zubat - The Bat Pokemon. Even though it has no eyes, it can sense obstacles using electronic waves it emits from it's mouth. Disliking sunlight, it sleeps deep in forests and caves until sundown." The Pokedex explained.

"Alright then..." Bruno said, pulling an empty Pokeball from his pocket, "Let's catch it!" Bruno yelled, throwing the Pokeball. It opened, with a pop, absorbed the Pokemon clicked shut, rocking back and forth, once, twice and on the third time, it clicked and Bruno knew he had caught it. He ran over, picked it up and looked at the Pokeball, a large smile on his face.

"Good job Chimchar, we caught a Zubat!" Chimchar jumped up and down with excitement. There celebration was cut short, as sharp claps reverberated off the walls. Bruno and Chimchar spun, to see Timmy still clapping with a smile on his face.

"Congratulations Bruno!" He said walking up to his small friend and patting him on the back.

"Thanks." Bruno replied. "Our we heading out now?"

Timmy nodded his head, as he explained to Chimchar how he was going to go the rest of the way through the cave. Chimchar set off, Bruno and Timmy following close behind.

Chapter five should be up sometime this weekend, or even before then, it just depends on what I'm not doign!

PEACE

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Zubats an odd choice, but whatever. Like the story so far! Keep on writing! I think you should make the chaptters longer, though, but that's no big deal. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Will do! Thanks, and why do you say Zubat is an odd choice? I just threw it out there, lol, so it was random... Chapter five will be longer... trust me, a lot to cover!

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Come on... Zubat is a classic Pokemon... Or so I think, anyways, I'm gunna start working on and hopefully finishing Chapter 5 sometime today, so look for it!

PEACE

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Alright, so here's chapter five. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but things have been really hectic around the household, and I haven't felt like writing for a while. But, don't worry, I've chapter five! Whoo-hoo!

Oh, and I'm looking for some characters to be filler in the next few chapters, so if anyone wants to volunteer to have a fictional character in my story, hit me up! Thanks again, and now... here's chapter Five:

Chapter 5
    Training

"Listen, we've got to find that kid, otherwise the boss is gunna be extremely mad with us, do you three understand?" A dark cloaked figure asked, from within it's shaded hood. The three people who he had been referring to, nodded there heads in unison, a pale smile appearing on thier lips.

Each person, except for the cloaked figure, stood in thier respective uniforms. Black one-piece leather suits clung to each figure like a second skin, showing thier toned and muscular bodies. All three people looked to be young still. The only girl of the three, couldn't quite fill out her uniform yet.

The young teenaged boy to the left of the cloaked figure spoke up, his voice cracking from the beginings of puberty. "Were do you think he will be, Riaze?"

The cloacked figure known as Riaze laughed, and then quietly spoke. "He will be were we first me him. The small hidden glade just outside of Jubilife City. If our sources are right, then the boy knows we are coming, and is preparing for his demise..." Riaze trailed off into quietness, until he spoke again, softer than before. "We should expect to be met with resistance. Again, our sources have told us, that along his way back from Sandgem Town, he has made an acquantence. His name is Bruno, and although he is a new trainer, he is not to be underestimated. Do you all understand?"

The three figures nodded again, this time their faces stern and serious.

"How shall we take them out, sire?" The thin, prettty girl asked, looking into the folds of Riaze's hood.

"You shall see soon enough." He replied, taking a long pale hand from out of one of his brown sleeves, reaching into the folds of his robe. He pulled out a black and red Pokeball, and tossed it into the air. A dragon-like looking Pokemon with red wings and a rather long neck emerged. The Pokemon swooped down, and landed with a soft thump on the ground next to it's master. Riaze walked forward, and sat down Indain-style, on the back of his Salamence.

With a tap of his finger, the Salamence rose into the air, hovering a few feet above the ground. "I expect to see you three at H.Q. in Jubilife City, by dawn. If your late, expect to pay." And with the caution spoken, Riaze rose further into the sky, and flew off into the night sky.

The three figures quickly followed there leader, dissapearing in the blink of an eye.

It had been two days since Timmy had showed Bruno to Jubilife City.

After healing there Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, and filling up at an all you can eat buffet, they returned to the sleeping quarters that every Pokemon Center offered. Bruno didn't care if it was free, as long as the beds were soft and they had food for breakfast, which to Bruno's surprise, they did.

The first day, brought a nasty storm that lasted from sunrise to well after sunset. So, as a friend Timmy ended up showing Bruno around his home town. Okay, so not so much a town... more or less a city.

They spent most of the day eating at the same buffet as the night before, but when they weren't pigging out, they visited the local museum, book store, breeding center and of course the Pokemart. After stocking up on potions which Timmy insisted Bruno buy, and ten more Pokeballs, they were set for another round at the buffet.

After nearly three hours of non-stop eating the boys returned to the Pokemon Center and quickly fell asleep. When they both awoke the next morning refreshed and ready to go, Timmy showed Bruno a special place out in the middle of a small forest were they could set to work on training.

"I'm not going to do to much training, but I am going to help you. I figured we could spend today and tomorrow training, and then head on over to Oreburgh City, were you can challenge the first gym leader." Timmy explained, as the two friends finally came to the spot were they would train. It had thick and rather tall grass that came up to Bruno's knees, giant trees that enveloped the little area, and a large flowing brook that ran right through it. Bruno thought it was the most beautiful place he had ever seen.

Timmy had brought along a large duffel bag, bigger than Bruno, which seemed to be bursting at the seems full of stuff. When Bruno had asked Timmy what was in it, Timmy would smile and reply, "You'll see later tonight." Timmy placed the bag under a few branches off to the side, and then walked to the middle of the right side of the glade, indicating for Bruno to follow.

"Alright, now I'm gunna show you something. It's a secret, and I don't want you to tell anybody about it. Understood?" Timmy asked, as Bruno followed him through the giant trees. He nodded and kept following, until they came to a stop in front of a small tree. Bruno thought it looked funny, out in the middle of trees that were ten, even twenty times larger than it was, but he didn't say anything, instead he stood and watched Timmy pull a small jar of sticky gold stuff from his pocket. Along with the jar, he pulled a brush out of his pocket, and set to work applying the sticky gold liquid into a small whole in the side of the tree.

"What is that?" Bruno asked, stepping closer to watch.

"It's honey! You see, if you put enough honey inside the hole, and come back, usually in the morning, a Pokemon will be eating the honey." Timmy explained, tucking the jar of honey into his pocket, and holding the sticky brush at his side.

"So..." Bruno said, unsure of what was so fascinating about it.

"So, when you come back in the morning and a Pokemon is eating the honey, you can sneak up behind it, and attack it with one of your Pokemon. If your lucky, and it's not as strong, or stronger than your Pokemon you can catch it!" Timmy replied, flashing his pearly whites at Bruno.

"Here, we'll leave, and come back in the morning to see what you got!" Timmy said, leading Bruno back to the small glade.

On their walk back, Bruno began to think of all the possibilities of different Pokemon he could catch by doing this. He thought that maybe he would be able to catch a munchlax or a wurmple... Although he wasn't exactly to sure why he would want a wurmple.

It wasn't long before they made their way back to the glade, and Timmy began instructing him on what to do.

"Okay, so you've got your Chimchar and Zubat right?" Timmy asked.

Bruno nodded, and pulled his Pokeballs out, flashing them across the field at Timmy.

"Good, good. Alright, now bring them out and we'll start from there." Timmy instructed, reaching for his belt. Bruno's heart skipped a beat, as he tossed the balls into the air, releasing his Pokemon, as he starred at Timmy, wondering what kind of Pokemon he was going to throw out.

Timmy took two Pokeballs from his belt, and tossed them out into the glade, to face Bruno's two Pokemon. To challenge Bruno's Chimchar and Zubat, Timmy threw out his Grotle: a huge, green looking turtle, with bushes growing out of both sides of it's shell and a rounded beak protruding from it's face. Standing next to the battle ready Grotle, was the exact same Starly that he and Chimchar had faced before.

Bruno knew what to do, but he waited on Timmy's instructions.

"Alright, now we aren't going to actually battle, we're just going to run through some basic techniques that you will need to learn how to use properly, and as exact as you can get them. Now, this will take some blood, sweat and tears from not only your Pokemon, but you as well." Timmy broke into instructing.

"Alright. I sorta expected that." Bruno replied, not surprised the least.

"From now until we leave this little secret hiding place of ours, you and your Pokemon will be sleeping, eating, training, and playing together, whether you like it or not. That's the only way you can get into your Pokemon's head, and vice-versa. Understand so far?"Bruno nodded his head up and down. The smile he once wore now replaced with a hard, serious face.

"Okay, here we go." Timmy yelled.

For the next four hours, training was all that the six friends did. Honeing and perfecting their skills and moves. Practicing, and re-practicing, until Bruno's Chimchar and Zubat could do all of their moves suffeciently enough, in the dark. As they settled down for break, Timmy walked over to were he had hidden the duffel bag, grabbed it, and walked back to were Bruno, along with his Pokemon and Timmy's, were sitting, busily eating their food.

He sat next to his small friend, and unzipped the duffel bag. Gray and silver cloth pushed out of it's confinements, and over the side of the bag. It reminded Bruno alot like guts from an animal, after cutting it's belly open.

Timmy set to work pulling all of the material out, setting it to the side. After all of the cloth was pulled away from the bag, Timmy set to work pulling folded up rods out. Soon the duffel bag was empty. Timmy looked over to Bruno, who had just finished his second apple, and smiled. "Do you know what this is, my friend?" He asked.

"Ummm... No, I don't. What is it?" Bruno replied, unsure of what it really was.

"It's a tent."

"Right. So, we're gunna camp out here tonight?" Bruno said, asking the obvious question.

"Yep, sure are. 'Cuz early in the morning, I'm gunna wake you up and we're gunna go check on that tree that I put honey on earlier today. Maybe you'll catch something." Timmy got up from his log, gathered all of the tent in his arms and walked twenty feet away, just under the shade, and threw everything down.

"Guess what your going to do?" Timmy said, beaming as he walked over and petted his Grotle and Starly, who were happily lazing around in what little shade they had.

"I'm gunna set it up right?" Bruno replied, not to thrilled with the idea.

"Exactly. Just think though, the faster you get done, the quicker you get to go to bed."

"But the Sun is just now starting to set. It'll be another two hours before it's finally gone." Bruno explained.

"Yep, your right, but like I said before we've got to get up early if you want to go see what ya got with that honey." Timmy replied, laying down next to Grotle, who began to doze off.

"Fine." Was all Bruno said, for the next hour, as he fumbled with the tent and poles. The whole time Bruno was getting angry with the tent, Timmy watched, trying to keep from laughing.

Then, in a burst of laughter, Timmy got up from were he lay and walked over to Bruno, who was fuming mad. Timmy lay a hand on his small friends shoulder and spoke after the fit of laughter subsided. "Dude, you can get your Pokemon to help you. In fact, I'll even let you use Grotle and Starly too. Remember what I said earlier?"

Bruno's face turned five shades of red. After a few minutes of standing there, his anger disapeared, and with it a tired feeling, that seemed to rush through his body, overwelming him. He hadn't noticed until then, but he was ready to go to bed. Without missing a beat, he sat to work giving his, and Timmy's Pokemon orders on what to do.

Finally, after cooperation from the Pokemon and himself, they had set up the tent. After sitting down inside, and looking around, Bruno finally understood why Timmy needed a duffle bag to carry it in. It was huge. Not some little rinkie-dink, two man tent that barely had enough room to move around in, let alone change. It was the size of a hotel room... even if it was the cheapest hotel room. It was huge, and Bruno liked it... no, he thought to himself, I love it!

Timmy smiled, as he watched Bruno look around inside. After a few minutes of Bruno gawking, Timmy decided it was enough. "Alright dude, let's get some rest. Tomorrow's gunna be a big day for us. More so for you though."

Opening the tent flap, Timmy gesture for his Pokemon to come in, along with Bruno's. Bruno sat watching, unable to believe that he was actually going to let his Pokemon in the tent, and not put them back into their respective Pokeballs.

"Ummm, Timmy." Bruno whispered.

"Yeah?" Timmy replied.

"You didn't bring any pillows or blankets with you by chance, did you?" Bruno asked.

"Nope, don't need them. That's what we've got Pokemon for." Timmy replied, curling up next to Grotle, who had already laid down next to him, fast asleep. Starly sat perched on Grotle's back, his head under his right wing. He too was asleep.

Bruno motioned for Chimchar to come lay down next to him. He obeyed, and Zubat followed behind. Soon, all six friends were asleep, dreaming about what the next day would bring.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Alright, here's chapter 6.

I've noticed that this story is getting many hits, of people stopping by to read it. I ask that even if you only stop in to read 'Bruno's Journey', that you also leave me a comment. Not only would I greatly appreciate it, but it sorta gives me fuel to keep writing. I wouldn't of typed up Chapter 6 in a little less than one day, if I weren't excited from some of the feed back I've been getting. So, to put it as nice and blatant as I can: Leave me a comment, even if it's only a sentence or two, otherwise I might stop writing on this story. After all, a highschool kids got better things he could be doing! Thanks. Now, without any further ado, chapter 6:

Chapter 6
    A Sweet Surprise!

Just as Timmy had promised the night before, he woke Bruno early to go check the tree that Timmy had slathered honey all over.

After returning their Pokemon to their Pokeballs, and woofing down the remaining apples, the two cut across the glade, disappearing into the wooded forest. After a few minutes of walking, Timmy came to a sudden stop. Hand held high, he motioned for Bruno to stay were he was, while he went further up to see what they might have snagged.

After standing in the same place for over five minutes, Bruno began to rub the sleep away from his eyes. He was interupted, by a sharp poke in the side. He jumped, and was about ready to yell at Timmy for doing so, but was stopped by Timmy's hand that clamped down on his mouth.

Timmy put his index finger against his lips, issuing silence from Bruno. He obeyed, and Timmy motioned again, only this time for Bruno to follow him. After stepping quietly around the fallen branches and twigs, they finally stumbled upon the tree. Bruno was shocked to see it shaking violently. It was practically ready to fall over, it was shaking so hard. Timmy smiled, as he pointed his finger at the tree, indicating for Bruno to step forward.

He did as he was told.

Quietly, he moved forward, until he was within hands reach of the tree. A sharp poke on his shoulder told him to shake it. Gripping his entire arms around the trunk of the tree, Bruno began to push his body against the tree, shaking even more. A sharp noise broke the silence, as a large, blue Pokemon fell from the tree.

Bruno immediatley stopped shaking the tree, even though it kept moving. The Pokemon that had fallen, quickly jumped up from were it was laying on the ground, and charged Bruno.

The Pokemon was fast, but Bruno was faster.

He reached a leg out wide, pulling himself out of the way, as the large beetle-like Pokemon head butted the tree. Another sharp noise broke the silence of fighting. Bruno spun around to see two blue beetle-like Pokemon laying on the ground. Timmy saw this, and didn't hesitate. Jumping into the fray, he threw out a Pokeball, releasing Grotle.

Bruno followed, as he too tossed Chimchar out into the fray. Soon the two boys were battling side-by-side with their Pokemon, trying with all their might to weaken the bug Pokemon. Just as Chimchar ducked a large sweeping arm, Bruno pulled out his Pokedex, and Pointed it at the beetle Pokemon.

"Heracross - The Singlehorn Pokemon. With powerful legs and claws, it generates enough power to hurl foes over great distances. It gathers in forests to search for tree sap, its favorite food." The Pokedex explained.

Bruno hit the off button, and shoved it bag into his pocket, a giant smile on his face. "Alright Chimchar, let's finish this thing off. I want you to try the combo attack that we came up with yesterday."

A blur of orange fur flew at the battle worn Heracross. Chimchar came up from behind it, sliding through its open legs, and began to scratch and use ember, alternating between the two, until the Heracross swung around and pinned it to the ground.

Without hesitating, Bruno screamed and rushed forward. Before he could jump to tackle the Heracross, warm hands held him back. It was Timmy, and he had a stern look set upon his face. Bruno tryed to push out of Timmy's grip but couldn't. Finally, he gave up as Timmy spoke up.

"Grotle, use Razor Leaf against it, and then take it out with a bite."

Grotle, who had just finished knocking out the second Heracross, lurched forward and sprayed a wall of sharp leaves into the back of the attacking Heracross. The Heracross pulled back, freeing Chimchar from it's horns, but Chimchar wouldn't let it. Grabbing ahold with all of it's strenth, Chimchar flew up as Heracross lurched around to face Grotle.

Just as Grotle jumped to bite the confused Heracross, Chimchar sent a flame down and over it's face, scorching it's eyes. The Heracross tried to pull Chimchar off of him, but it was to late, with a firm grip of Grotle's bite, it fell to the ground, next to it's brother, unconsious.

The two friends stood there in the wake of battle, still unsure of what just happened. After a few minutes of silence, Timmy cleared his throat, returned Grotle to his Pokeball, and then pulled an empty one from his pocket. Without hesitating, he threw it in the air, and with a loud poping shound, it opened. The red light enveloped the unconsious Heracross, and then it was gone, inside of the Pokeball on the ground.

The ball moved once... twice... thrice, and then with a red glow it locked, sealing the Heracross within it.

Timmy jumped up and ran over to the Pokeball, picking it up and tossing it around. "Yeah! I caught a Heracross! Come Bruno, dance with me."

As if glued to the ground, Bruno stood, stuck in place. "No, I'll dance with you after I catch mine. Now calm down and watch, will you?" He asked, as he too returned Chimchar to his Pokeball and pulled an empty one out of his pocket. He remembered going buying them with Timmy the day before, and oh how he was thankful for TImmy talking him into buying a few more.

Bruno tossed the ball as high into the air as he could, sending it flying high above the Honey Tree. It popped open in mid-air, sending the red light down to the second unconsious Heracross, enveloping it. It closed shut, and a few second later after it wobbled back and forth on the ground, it glowed red and then was still. Bruno smiled, and turned to Timmy who had been watching him all this time.

Without saying a word, Bruno walked over to were the Pokeball lay, and picked it up. He started tossing it back and forth in his hands, emulating Timmy the best he could, as he walked over to his friend. The two started dancing, singing and laughing, until finally they both fell to the forest floor laughing so hard.

After an hour of laying on the ground, staring into the forests treet tops, the two boys got up from were they lay, and with a quick stretch walked back to camp, hungry.

As they began to set up a fire, Bruno turned to Timmy and smiled. "Hey Timmy, I just want to say thanks for doing all of this for me, I mean you really didn't have too."

"Yeah I know little dude, but I wanted to. Your like a little brother to me. The little brother I never had." Timmy said. Bruno could see in his face that he was trying to keep from crying. Not wanting to pry into Timmy's personal life, he left it at that, as the two set to work scouring the glade for anything that looked remotely like food.

An hour later, depressed and still hungry, the two boys laid in their tent, clutching their growling stomachs.

"Man, this sucks." Timmy said, moaning.

"Yeah, it sure does. Got any ideas on what we could eat?" Bruno asked.

"Well, how many more apples you got left?"

"None, we ate the rest of them last night." Bruno replied, cursing himself under his breath for being such a pig the night before.

"Well, then I guess one of us, is going to have to go back into Jubilife City and get something to eat then." Timmy said, getting up from were he lay and unzipping the tent. "I'll go. So, just stay here and watch over everything. I should be back in an hour or so."

"Wait, why does it have to be you that goes?" Bruno asked. He knew the answered, but played it dumb.

" 'Cuz I'm the only one that knows how to find their way back here, stupid." Timmy replied.

"Oh, right... Well, I could find my way back if you drew me a small map. I might be young, but I know how to read. Otherwise I wouldn't be here right now." Bruno explained. It was true, before anyone could become a trainer, they had to have passed the 6th grade, which meant, that they would already be skilled at both reading and writing.

"Yeah, I know. Just in case you forgot, it wasn't long ago that I too was in school. I haven't been a trainer forever." Timmy replied. He felt like a complete jerk all of a sudden. The two boys were queit for a few minutes, until Timmy's mind began to wander.

"Hey, I've got it. This is what we're gunna do, and I don't want to hear any crap about it. Deal? Timmy asked, a serious look upon his face. Bruno could seem to only nod his head up and down.

"Alright. We're gunna both go into Jubilife City, that way we can both get something to eat, instead of cooking out here. We'll stock up on some supplies for the next few days and then head back here before night. I figured we could stay here a few more days atleast, and train. While we're out we'll heal our Pokemon, that way they'll be ready for the training tomorrow. I don't know about you, but I'm really looking forward to training with my new Heracross. I've heard they can be real powerhouses, if you know how to use them." Bruno nodded again. He too was looking forward to getting to know his Heracross.

The two crawled out of their tent and into the blistering heat of the early morning. They both quickly zipped up the tent tight, making sure that if it rained none would get in, and that the heat wouldn't kill them when they crawled in later that night to go to bed.

As they made their way out onto the dirt path, Timmy grabbed the tent's duffel bag, and explained to Bruno that they would need it for all of the supplies they would be carrying back later that day. He had said that it would be easier and less of a hassle. Then when he got tired from carrying it, Bruno could pick up the slack.

Bruno agreed, and the two friends climbed the hill, on their trek back into Jubilife City.

Their stomachs growled in the summer heat.

Back