• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bruno's Journey

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Hello all.

I was wondering if there would be anyone out there, willing to work with me on a collaboration for a banner of 'Bruno's Journey'. If so, please PM me, or hit me up on my e-mail. Thanks!

PEACE

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Alright, here's chapter seven.

I want to throw a warning out now, and tell you all that the next couple of chapters will contain some language which may not be suitable for most children.

I'm also looking into making a banner for this story. If you wish to help me with this, please either PM me or E-mail me about it. I will be more than happy to give you all the details. Hopefully we can make an awesome banner together, which this story all too well deserves. So, without any further ado, here's Chapter 7:

Chapter 7
    The Resistance

"Man, that hit the spot!" Bruno said, rubbing his almost explosive belly.

"Yeah, I know. I think I might have actually eaten to much, 'cuz now I don't feel like getting up." Timmy replied, sighing in contempt.

"Well, we can't stay here. They'll get mad if we stop eating and just lay down." Bruno began to explain. "As much as I hate to say it, we got to get out of here and go buy supplies."

"Alright. Who's paying then?" Timmy asked, reaching into his pocket for his trainer card.

"Be my guest. I think I paid last time we were here, so go for it." Bruno gestured with his hands. Timmy rolled his eyes and said something under his breath, that Bruno couldn't hear. "What was that?" Bruno asked.

"Nothing... nothing at all. Come on, get up so we can go." Timmy said, smiling as he got up, walked over to the counter and paid for their meal. Bruno made his way out of the Buffet while he was doing so. He sat on an old bench just outside the door.

A few minutes of boredom passed, before Timmy came bursting out the door. Bruno turned just in time to see a smile disappear from his face. "What the hell was that about?" Bruno asked.

"Nothing," Timmy replied, a smirk curling around his face, "Come on, let's go get some supplies."

"Right." Bruno said, following Timmy across the empty street.

Since Timmy knew his way around Jubilife City better than Timmy did, he followed him, unsure of were they were to be going. After twenty or so minutes of cutting through allies and running across streets at incoming traffic, they finally made it to a small shop at the end of one of the side buildings. The strip of buildings were empty, except for the little grocer. As they neared the place, Bruno could see a small, old crippled man standing outside, holding a sign up. Looking around, Bruno noticed that they were the only one's within eyesight. He shook it off and came to a stop behind Timmy, who stood in front of the old man.

"Heya, Timmy." The old man said, smiling with no teeth. He held out his hand to Timmy, who promptly took it, shacking it with a wide smile.

"Not so bad Stan. Just came by to get some supplies. We only need enough for a couple of days. Say, you still got those packaged meals? The kind that you just add scolding water to?" Timmy asked.

Stan nodded and pointed to the back. "Sure do. They're in the back against the far wall to your right. Right next to the canned goods."

"Thanks old friend." Timmy replied, patting the old mans back as he made his way through the labrynth of shelves, crammed full of nothing but training supplies. There was a whole section of nothing but books, with fold out manuals on how to train certain Pokemon, along with funky looking harnesses that promised to make your Pokemon stronger. Bruno was having fun looking around at the stuff, until Timmy looked over his shoulder at Bruno and laughed.

"What?" Bruno asked, unsure of the reason for Timmy's laughter.

"I would suggest you not buy any of that stuff. It's been sitting on those shelves since I was a little kid, so they're all out dated." Timmy explained, as he crouched down in front of a whole bottom shelf full of nothing but instant breakfasts. All of the labels read: JUST ADD WATER!

"Wait, if that stuff has been sitting on the shelves for a really long time, then how long has the food been here?" Bruno asked, as he too crouched down to look at the choices they could choose from.

"Probably only a day or two. Stan gets boxes full of this stuff in every other day, most times. You see, a lot of trainers come here all the time to buy food supplies. In fact, my father used to come in here all the time, back when he was a trainer to get his stuff. So, the foods good, it's just that everything else isn't. Plus, it's cheap as dirt." Timmy said, pointing at a price tag.

The tag read: 10 for a dollar. Bruno was shocked, but he kept it to himself.

After about ten minutes of picking out packages of food, they decided that they had enough. Hands full, they walked out to were Stan was standing. Timmy put the stuff that he had been carrying down on the counter next to the old man, and dug out his trainer card. Handing it to Stan, the old man hobbled over behind the counter and swiped it. A few seconds later he had made his way back around to them. He handed Timmy a couple of bags and his trainer card.

"Nice doing business with you again Timmy. I'll be seeing you around." Stan said, smiling a toothless smile again.

"Yep, be seeing you too." Timmy replied, picking the packaged food up and shoving them into the plastic bags. With Bruno's help it only took a few minutes.

Hands full, the two said there goodbyes and left. They only made it half way down the barren sidewalk when they heard Stan yelling, "The Murkrow flies in the distance. Peace shall reign."

Timmy swung around and smiled at Stan, waving goodbye as they quickly made their way back into town to heal their Pokemon. "The old man isn't all their. Sorry about that, he seemed fine when we were in their, so I didn't think he would say anything to us." Timmy explained, pointing to his head.

"He's really off his rocker."

Bruno couldn't help but laughing.

Two hours later, Pokemon healed and ready for more training, the two boys slowly made their way back to camp. They hadn't said much to each other all day. Both were still tired from the event that had taken place earlier today, and both were looking forward to training with their Heracross's as soon as they could. Bruno kept quiet the rest of the way back to camp, trying to come up with combo's that he could possibly teach his Heracross. I suppose it would help if I knew some of Heracross's moves. Bruno thought to himself.

Suddenly, Timmy stopped in his tracks, dropping the bags of supplies at his sides. Bruno looked around, but saw nothing, so with a few quick steps, he rushed to his friends side.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Timmy didn't reply with a smile, or a with words. Instead he pointed grimly into the sky, were a tower of smoke curled up into the sun's afternoon rays. Bruno was unsure if it was their camp, but he kept the worrying question to himself, until Timmy answered it for him.

"It's our camp man."

Bruno was shocked. His throat began to slowly dry up, and the palms of his hands began to get very sweaty. He dropped his bags as well, when Timmy ran ahead. Bruno sped forward, trying to keep up with the older boy. He was trailing behind him a good ten yards, when Timmy stopped again, only this time he crouched low behind a wall of bushes. Bruno crept forward, slowly and quietly, until he was crouched right next to his friend. Timmy parted the bushes, and pointed for to Bruno to look. He felt like he could be sick.

The sight in front of them was something out of a nightmare. Everything within the tiny glade had been caught on fire, and was now burning ferociously. Timmy turned his face to Bruno, and spoke softly. "Alright, listen... You were going to find out sooner or later about this anyways, but I guess now is a better time than any for you to learn about it. I'm part of a small group of people who call themselves The Resistance. We go around chasing cruel people such as Team Galactic and Team Rocket, and punishing them. Sometimes it's not pretty, but it's what we have to do to teach the bastards a lesson.

"I know this is going to sounds strange to you, and your not going to listen to me, but what I'm about to say is true. Your brother, Eric Wheeler, is a founding member of The Resistance. He's the one that told me to chase after you and take you under my wing. I don't know why, but he thinks I'm one of the most qualified people out of the group to train you. That's what we were doing here... But I'm sure you already know that part." Timmy became quiet for a few moments, clearing his throat he looked back out into the glade through the brush.

"What happened here just now, is the doing of a group far worse than either Team Galactic or Team Rocket. We've been trying to track down this group of people who call themselves The Black Crusade, who think it's their mission in life to enlist as many people as they can into their group to help them take over the world by force. They're the ones who did this, and they're the ones who'll pay." Timmy pulled a Pokeball from his belt, and held it up to his face.

Bruno took a chance, and parted the bush, looking out through the smoke. He could see hardly anything at first, and then something moved. He quickly poked Timmy to get his attention. Timmy looked up from the Pokeball, staring at Bruno, who was now pointing through the bush. A second later Timmy was looking out, staring at three figures who stood in the clearing smoke.

They all wore tight black leather suits that stuck to their bodies like a second skin. There were two boys and a girl who couldn't quite fill her suite out yet. They looked to be a little younger than Timmy, but much older than Bruno.

"Are they part of The Black Crusade?" Bruno asked.

Timmy nodded his response, then slowly got up from were he crouched, pulling Bruno with him. He grabbed his small friend by the shoulders and looked him straight in the face. Bruno knew that Timmy wasn't kidding.

"Listen, if I can't take these guys out by myself, I want you to run as fast as you can to the Pokemon Center and tell Nurse Joy that it's an emergency. Tell her you have to use one of her phones. Then, I want you to call your mother and tell her to get a hold of your brother as soon as possible. Tell her that it's an emergency, and if she asks anything about it, tell her that it has to do with The Resistance. I don't know if she knows about it, but if not, then all the more reason for her to get a hold of Eric. Do you understand so far?" Timmy asked.

Bruno nodded his head up and down.

"Good. Now stay here and be quiet. I can't have one of the leaders little brother get kidnapped." Timmy replied ruffling Bruno's hair. "If I yell something about The Resistance never failing, and that The Black Crusade will fall, then I want you to run like hell, and do as I told you."

Bruno nodded again. Tears started to run down his face, but he wiped them away before they fell to the ground. Before he realized what he was doing, he had his arms around Timmy's waist, hugging him. Timmy squeezed back, and then pushed him away, smiling. "Hey, stop your crying. And remember what I told you. Alright? Now be quiet and crouch back down here and watch."

With those final words said, Timmy disappeared from Bruno's sight.

Bruno knew he had to be brave, but he didn't feel like he could. The only thing running through his head, was whether or not Timmy was going to be able to beat the three teenagers. Closing his eyes, he wiped away the tears, took a deep breath and then opened them back up. He pried the bushes apart just in time to see Timmy come walking around into the small, scorched glade.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Thanks. I have about half of Chapter 8 written, but because school starts today, I don't know how much time I'm going to have to finish it up this week. Might be this weekend before you all get to see it. Sry.

Hope you understand.

PEACE

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Dude, does Timmy die??? He's too cool to die!!! Anyways, I love the plot so far! When I first started reading tis Thread, I thought tis was just gonna be about this kid that happens to be a pokemon trainer in training. But, now as the story unfolds a little more, and becomes a little more complex, it is turning out to be awesome.

P.S. School? Already???

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    LOL.

Yeah, school already. But no worries, it's my last year, which means I don't have to put up with it, but 179 days. LOL. Is it bad that I'm counting?

PEACE

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    LOL. Steelpsycho, your hilarious. You really don't like math, huh?

And that would be great PoisonOwnzYou! PM me, and I'll give you the details. You'll prolly have to work with me on it, 'cuz this is my first story that will recieve a banner!

Also, I have this story posted on other sites, but since this is the only one that's actually getting responses, you'll be the only ones to give a preview of Chapter 8. Seeing as I'm busy the rest of the week, I'm probably going to have to post-pone friday's goal of giving you guys Chapter 8, so I figured the next best thing is a little piece from it! Hope you like! Thanks.

PEACE

Chapter 8
    Riaze

Most of the smoke was now gone and Bruno could see the three teenagers faces quiet well. Not only were they shocked at the sight of Timmy, but they looked like they were pretty afraid of him. Bruno smiled, as Timmy spoke to the three members of The Black Crusade.

"So you idiots finally caught up to me, huh?" He asked them, a stern expression set upon his face. "I sorta figured that you idiots were going to do something like this. Not that I mind. I actually preffer it this way. Instead of me chasing after you, you chase after me. Then I kick all three of your asses." Timmy replied, chuckling softly to himself.

steel__pscyho

So crazy I spell psycho wrong
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2007
    this story is great, i'm on the edge of my seat and can't wait for more chapters

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    Thanks man, I appreciate it! After all, that was sorta what I was trying for, lol!

PEACE

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I'm liking the story so far! Your battle descriptions are very good, and the plotline is very gripping. I am liking "The Resistance" and "The Black Crusade" a lot! It's branching off from other fics. A couple of spelling mistakes here and there but nothing too major. However, I do have a couple of questions -

1. Timmy said that The Black Crusade is much worse then Team Galactic and Team Rocket because they want to take over the world using force. Isn't that Team Galactic basic intentions also?

2. Although there is a lot of character development, which is good, I haven't seen a lot of Pokemon development. Chimchar has a personality of its own, but Zubat has got absolutely none.

However, this story is awesome, and I'm going to continue reading.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2008
    1. Timmy said that The Black Crusade is much worse then Team Galactic and Team Rocket because they want to take over the world using force. Isn't that Team Galactic basic intentions also?.

You are absolutley correct Rio Fantastic! The only difference, which I hope to demonstrate to you all very soon, is that Team Galactic are panseys compared to The Black Crusade. Yes, they both use force, but The Black Crusade are not afraid to kill in order to get what they want. Team Galactic does use force, but with only Pokemon. They don't use guns, assassins or my favorite, brute force (fists). Compared to The Black Crusade in that respect, Team Galactic is a bunch of physically weak, immature cowering teenagers.

I guess I should stop there and let you readers figure that out for yourselves. Just a for warning now... It might get bloody in future chapters. REALLY BLOODY! LOL. Anyways...

PEACE

P.S. Thanks for the question. I just wish there were more people willing to ask them! ^.^

Back