• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Building my team

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
Years
  • I have played pokemon since red and blue first came out, and was immediately hooked. I have built teams on literally every new game that came out, even though I found Ruby and Sapphire a bit of a letdown. About a year ago I had finally gotten most of my pokemon on Platinum up between lvl 80 - 95 , and it was bothering me that I did not have any of the "event" pokemon. I decided to remedy that by using an action replay to get the item- only event pokemon, such as Darkrai. This went off without a hitch, but then a few days later-- I turned on my Ds to find the save file had been corrupted. Disgusted, a sold the game, and my Ds.

Recently, I have finally decided to get back in the game, starting with SoulSilver. I am asking for suggestions on picking team members, which I will transfer over to B/W after I beat SS. I prefer not to use legendaries (except Celebi, Celebi is awesome). My team I have worked out so far is:

Ninetales-- my favorite pokemon. This one stays, I always have one on my team.

Ampharos-- I might switch this one out later in the game for a Luxray, or I might try to find a shiny pikachu.

Noctowl-- Will probably trade out for a Pigeot ( my favorite flying type), and will trade out for a Braviary when I trade over to B/W

Meganium-- I almost always use a grass starter, I will probably switch it out for a Venasaur or Bellosom later in the game, I will be using Snivy in B/W

6. These are my empty slots, I want to use a Dragonair (with thunder, fireblast, or ice beam, and probably teach it Surf), and Umbreon (just for the fact that Umbreon is awesome, and I love all the Evee evolutions)

I will also be keeping two "utility" pokemon for catching the Legendary Dogs, Scizor (false Swipe), and Haunter (mean look).

Some of my favorites I am considering putting in the 5-6 slots are Slowking, Lapras, Vaporeon, Lucario, and Espeon.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Thanks!
    J--

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Moving to the In-game Team Help section as that's where team advice stuff belongs/ Note you can also get Pidgey early on if you just want that line over Noctowl.

Back