• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Building the right team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesty

The Joker
Years
  • So me and my friend are having a friendly and fun competition with each other. We are giving each other to the 5th of November to build a team and we are going to battle each other for the first time. Winner gets his choice of 3 Pokemon first to use in 2v2 battles and the loser gets to pick after. So I think I have a good team put together, just gotta get the affection up and base stats boost etc. but I'd like some input. :p

I have:
    Charizard
    Blazekin
    Greninja
    Golen
    Venasuar
    Scyther

I think I have a well rounded team built but I'd like some inputs to maybe help get an edge on him. Thanks :p

Anyone have any input for me? Also Legendaries will be turned off.

Last edited:

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
  • Rocks are going to hurt

You don't need charizard and blaziken, and evolve your scyther, and get rid of golem

Mesty

The Joker
    Years
  • So basically use Blazekin and get a Scizor(?) and get rid of Golem, and replace him and Charizard with who?

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    Here is what you should do
    Blaziken
    Venusaur
    Scizor
    Greninja
    Garchomp/salamence
    Gardevoir/aegislash

I tried not to change the team too much lol

Mesty

The Joker
    Years
  • Here is what you should do
    Blaziken
    Venusaur
    Scizor
    Greninja
    Garchomp/salamence
    Gardevoir/aegislash

I tried not to change the team too much lol

Lol it would have been okay if you did, just trying to build a team before the 5th and get full affection and work on super training etc.

I was also maybe thinking Dragonite?

Mesty

The Joker
    Years
  • Bump. Also if anyone can help with the Scizor, I need Metal Coat, that would be much appreciated!

Years
  • Metal Coat is found in the Pokeball Factory. The problem with your initial team is that you do not provide yourself with cover in that you can easily be wiped out by one or two moves. Scizor is great, but remember he has a double weakness to fire. (Or is it 4x?). Regardless, he gets OHKO often by fire moves so you will want to find a way to use him where he might be defended from such an attack.

I would actually replace Scizor for Dragonite as depending on how you EV train Dragonite, it can be a tank.

Keep in mind that it isn't just about the pokemon and weaknesses/strengths, but also the moveset each has. My philosophy is play and win with Pokemon you are partial too just make sure you have both a good offense and a good defense.

Mesty

The Joker
    Years
  • I know where Metal Coat is but I accidently sold it early in the game. I need to find someone with a Dragonair in the safari to get him. Is Golem a good choice? I still feel like I need an electric type player/move in there.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    So me and my friend are having a friendly and fun competition with each other. We are giving each other to the 5th of November to build a team and we are going to battle each other for the first time. Winner gets his choice of 3 Pokemon first to use in 2v2 battles and the loser gets to pick after. So I think I have a good team put together, just gotta get the affection up and base stats boost etc. but I'd like some input. :p
    Affection (at least the Pokemon Amie one) doesn't work in competetive play. During those fights it's turned off, so don't waste too much time on it. ;)

Also I think instead of using too many sweepers you could consider using a Pokemon with entry hazards like stealth rocks or spikes. Unfortunately I'm not really into competetive play, yet, therefore I can't really help on that. ^^"

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Your thread was moved to this forum, but it doesn't belong as an individual thread here. Please continue this in the Incomplete Team Help thread. (I'd merge this thread with it, but there are so many replies that it would be too messy.) Sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back