• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Burning Mountains and that solar flare

Years
  • If you look in the news(California), you will notice that it's burning over some mountains...

I happen to live near those mountains...

Well, to start: It's raining ash, Smog is all over, The sun's blocked and everything is near dark. Everything that is in our school event list is cancelled.

What's worse, is that Solar Flare that hit us... which caused a blackout. That means we have to go outside and inhale the smoke from the mountains...

Well, I have to say... XP

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm.../ap/20031024/ap_on_re_us/california_wildfires

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Whoa, that's really scary! How are you and your family doing now? (And is your house okay?)

Years
  • uh oh... I forgot that there's a daily events thread...

XD

lol... were a bit safe since its in another side of the mountain. Unless the wind blows in a different direction... @_@;;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    (Well, a mod hasn't closed this yet so I think that it's okay. ^_^')

Ahh, I hope that it doesn't though. T-T I wouldn't want any of your things to burn, because I'd know how you felt. It's really terrible...

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    If the worst comes to worst, is there a safe place for you to evacuate?Because after all, safety over material possesions.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Really?! How are both of you doing now? I heard that over 850 houses have been burned down... It's really sad.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
  • Yeah, I live pretty close, too. And what REALLY stinks, is that I washed my mom's car right the day before the ash started falling! :'(

Tweak

i was at *The Block* and Irvine this past saturday and it was snowing ashes. >_- and it got into my eye. the entire sky in Irvine was brown or orange. my car is dirty with soot -_-;;;

Hazuki-san

Doesn't exist
    Years
  • Kayleigh said:
    Really?! How are both of you doing now? I heard that over 850 houses have been burned down... It's really sad.
    I'm okay right now. But i'm starting to get sick from the smoke and ashes. Its really sad when homes burn down

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I know. My grandparent's brand new house just burned down last February, and they lost everything, including most of their animals. (And my grandfather was in the military, so all of his special awards, pictures, etc. is gone.) Have anyone's house that you know burned down? It must be a scary thought, since all four of you say you're pretty close.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
  • I saw the news this morning, and it said 1,700 homes burnt, 600,000 or so acres burnt, and 16 killed....

Back