• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Dragons (PG-13 for mature themes later)

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Very good chapter.
    Seems Dennis is starting to change.
    Uh oh. Alyssa is under the evil power.
    I wonder how they will free her of it :\

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    hmm...3 armies...2 ppl we no r controllin em...who's the third?

Years
    LIVE MY THREAD, LIVE!

Chapter 15

?So this girl you say?she was one of the kids who got abducted by those dragon armies, right?? Vincent reassured as she faced Nina.

?She is. I?m sure of it. And I?m sure something?s wrong with her. She said that she needed help?? Nina?s voice trailed off and looked over at Dennis who was staring distantly out in the window.

The three managed to walk a few more miles before sleeping for the night after that incident. When morning broke out, the three already continued on to Fuchsia city. Once they reached it, they ignored the crowd that stared at them strangely and checked in at a local trainer hotel. They never said a word to each other except only a few where Vincent had to cheer Nina up.

After a few minutes? rest and shower, Nina and Vincent decided to talk about the incident. Dennis seems to be ignoring them but isn?t acting his old kind self neither his old bad tempered self. Something odd happened to him and Nina seem to notice that.

?Help? Why would she need help? I mean she has that?? Nina interrupted Vincent when she raised her hand to silence him.

Dennis remained quiet looking down at the street down below. Nina and Vincent remained silent, expecting Dennis to say something harsh or coarse?but he didn?t?

?Dennis?? Nina called him. He replied with a small groan, meaning that he?s listening. ?Dennis?why are you so silent??

It took a while before he could reply. ?Why do you want to know??

?Dennis, I?m worried about you!? Nina raised her voice all of the sudden. ?One time, you?re nice, the other time, you?re so mean?and now, you don?t want to talk to us! Not even a thank you or something to tell to your friends?? Her voice cracked as she spoke. ?I?m worried about you, Dennis. As a friend?please tell me what?s wrong??

?Nothing!? Dennis turned around and glared at her. He was obviously hiding something. ?There?s nothing wrong with me! Just leave me alone. Do you want me to be quiet or do you want me screaming at you now??

The tone of his voice wasn?t the same when he yelled at Nina. There was something strange?it was as if he forced himself to yell at her rather than letting himself loose. She looked at him with concerned eyes. Even his glare was forceful. He then returned to looking back to the window.

Vincent was the first to turn back the discussion. ?So?as I was saying?why would she need help if she has that army with her??

Nina sighed. ?I don?t know. I?m just thinking that there?s something controlling her. I?m thinking that it must be those dragons?but?they couldn?t possibly do that to humans?? She looked again at Dennis.

?And you said her name?s Alyssa, right??

Nina nodded. ?She?s the daughter of that man we saw when we were going to Saffron.? She added.

?Whoa!? Vincent?s eyes widened. ?That guy? That red haired dude with those creepy eyes?? He looked at Nina sternly and watched her nod. ?But?how did you know all of this stuff??

?We?met the girl?s mother?and she told us about her.? Nina replied softly. She held her elbow with her hand and fell silent.

Vincent knew at once that she needed time to think. He reached out for her chin and tilted her head up. He smiled warmly, which made Nina smile, too. ?C?mere.? Vincent whispered softly as he moved towards her and hugged her. ?We?ll rest a bit before we go, okay??

Nina hugged him back and nodded. She still remained silent and didn?t notice Dennis looking behind his shoulder at them. A fierce glare was apparent.

~*~*~*~

Dennis woke up drenched in sweat. He immediately sat up and noticed that it was still dark. The lights were all closed and only a single beam streamed though the curtain from the fluorescent lights from the outside provided him light. He wiped the sweat from his forehead, thinking of the nightmare he just had.

He couldn?t remember much but he remembered the three armies surrounding him. He remembered the two leaders of the two other armies composed of Machops and Gengars. But then, a leaderless Dragonair army would be against him. He remembered the Dragonairs firing their searing beams towards him?and then he woke up.

He stood up, feeling shaky and moved towards a table where three glasses and a pitcher of cold water sat. He picked up the pitcher and poured the icy cold water into one of the glasses. After filling it up halfway, he placed the pitcher back and drank from the glass. He sighed as he felt the cold liquid moving down his throat and into his stomach. Afterwards, he moved towards the curtains and shoved them away, making the light stream though half of the room. Then he turned around.

He saw Vincent out of his bed and on Nina?s bed, hugging her as she slept. They both slept soundly. Nina was smiling as Vincent?s arms kept her warm. Dennis could do nothing but scowl as he moved back to his bed and lie down. He rested his head on his arms, which he placed behind his head. Suddenly, it occurred to him. Is he actually jealous? Why was he glaring when Nina and Vincent hugged? Within minutes of thinking he immediately fell back to sleep.

~*~*~*~

?Are you sure you?re fine?? Vincent asked for the third time.

?Vincent, I?m okay!? Nina insisted. ?You don?t have to worry about me. Look, you?re kind and all?but?I?m just fine??

Nina was quiet for past few minutes after returning to their room after breakfast. She was deep in thought about Alyssa all day long. She seems to be worried about her like how an older sister would worry about her younger sister. She was asking everyone about news of a Gengar army but so far, no one has ever encountered one yet nor did the news report it.

?Where?s Dennis anyway?? She noticed his absence. ?He?s been acting weird lately??

?I think he went off to a walk?? Vincent replied. ?Oh Dennis is always weird??

Vincent stopped when Nina gave him a serious look. ?It?s?not like that?? She whispered solemnly. ?Vincent?he?s just not himself. Not the Vincent we know before?or the one that was like him a few days ago. He?s so silent?and it?s as if he?s fighting himself inside him??

His smile was replaced with a blank expression. ?I see what you mean. He?s our friend?and?maybe we should know what?s bothering him?? His smile returned. ?I?m sure his mood will come back. Besides, only six more months before the League!?

Nina nodded enthusiastically. ?You?re right.? She beamed. ?Let?s just find him and cheer him up!?

Vincent gave a warm smile, which made her blush. She looked down and then began to walk out to the door. Vincent was following her and then, she felt his hand hold hers.

?Vincent?? She whispered as she flushed red.

To her, he hasn?t changed ever since she met him. They were both the same?no family to return to. Now, they faced each other, blushing and breathing slowly. She could still remember that day when she first met both Dennis and Vincent. Those memories were as vivid as ever. She could still remember her life in the orphanage. The times when she used to play?

~*~*~*~

She remembers nothing of her parents. She never saw them nor had a clue to what they look like. She never had a family that she knew. All she ever remembered was playing along with friends in that orphanage, her birthday, that was stored in her record, and the name of her parents who died while she was still a baby.

Nina was always known to be the cheeriest of all the younger kids. She had that dream of becoming a Pok?mon League Champion. Every year, there would be kids leaving the orphanage to their Pok?mon journeys. She always kept that dream near her and always inside her even though some kids that left were never heard from again.

The orphanage never allowed Pok?mon for the orphans. That was why her other dream was to get her own Pok?mon. The orphanage was somewhere north of Viridian city where most of the rural people reside. The kids used to go near the Viridian forest to play there.

That eventful day came. Her eleventh birthday arrived and soon, she was packing up for her journey to Pallet town. With hugs from her friends and the permission of the orphanage director, she was already on her way to Pallet town. Waving goodbye to her friends, she could see their happy faces. Some of them wanted to stay and not become trainers and yet others, kids that are younger that her also wanted to be like her.

While she walked, she remembered what the other kids that returned from their Pok?mon journeys say. It?s best to get a starting Pok?mon in the laboratory in Pallet town rather than catch one without any Pok?mon yet. So south she went.

After a few hours of walking and rest, she finally made it to the laboratory. She moved towards the door of the white, box like building and knocked on the wooden door. The door looked old since splinters protruded from it and the white paint was chipped. She waited a few minutes for a reply.

She then heard muffled footsteps from the inside. They were getting louder as they approached the door. Nina gulped as she waited for the reply, imagining an old, cranky professor with gray hair on the other side of the door. Most of the kids told her about that kind of a person in the lab.

The doorknob twisted and door opened, revealing a tall, green eyed, and dark brown spiky haired professor that must be in his late twenties. He looked quite disheveled and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. His lab coat reached down to his knees. Inside the open lab coat, he wore regular casual clothes. ?Ah, you must be another trainer!? A wide smile spread across his face.

Nina nodded slowly and silently. It was apparent that she was scared since her knees were trembling. The professor peered at her through his reading glasses. The thin, metal frames reflected the sunlight.

?I?I want to get a Pok?mon, p?please?? She stammered.

?Well that will be fine. Come in!?

Nina stepped in the lab as she continued to shudder in fear, thinking that the old professor might appear out of nowhere and start yelling at her. The younger professor ushered her though the lab after he closed the door.

?You?re lucky since there?s only one Pok?mon left for you,? He looked at Nina and noticed the fear in her eyes. ?Are you scared or something??

?Huh? Oh, no?I mean?isn?t there an older professor here?? She stammered. ?My friends told me about him?and they said that he?s??

??Oh you mean my grandfather? He?s passed away a months ago,? The professor straightened his glasses as he continued to walk.

?Oh, I?m sorry I asked??

?No, no. It?s fine. By the way, I haven?t learned your name yet,?

?My name? Oh! It?s Nina?? She replied, feeling a bit relieved and sorry at the same time due to the absence of the older professor.

?Nina?it?s nice to meet you. My name is Green Oak. Well, you can call me Professor Oak if you want,?

Nina smiled weakly as she was led into a room with shelves lined up along the walls. The shelves were full of empty Pok?balls. She looked around at the empty red and white balls and watched the professor select an occupied one from the shelf to her left. The professor then showed the Pok?ball to Nina. She peered inside and saw a small, Pok?mon on all fours. A distinct bulb lay in its back. The Pok?mon looked back at her through the transparent glass-like red part of the Pok?ball. She took the Pok?ball from the professor?s hand and continued examining it.

?Now this is a Bulbasaur. It?s a dual type Pok?mon, meaning that it has two types. It?s part grass type and part poison type??

Nina was partially listening. She was staring at her first Pok?mon with excitement building. It was apparent since her expression conveyed her emotions. When the professor was finished explaining, she managed to utter out a few words. ?Th?thank you?? She stammered. ?Thank you, professor!? She exclaimed as she looked up and flashed a large grin.

?You?re welcome,? The professor smiled back and then began leading Nina to the exit. ?You are very lucky, Nina. You were really just in time since two trainers already got their Pok?mon.?

?Huh??

?My son and another boy picked out their own first Pok?mon earlier this morning. Maybe you can meet them and I?m sure you three will be great friends!? The professor looked back from his shoulder to Nina.

Nina nodded and grinned weakly. ?Friends?? She thought. ?I?m going to have friends??

Years
    Ch. 15 cont'd

?So?? Nina began as she walked along the dirt road with her Bulbasaur, walking near her. ?What do you want to do first, Zane??

Her Bulbasaur peered at her dazedly. It didn?t seem to understand what she just said. Instead, it let out a low growl.

?I know, how about we go battling some wild Pok?mon??

Now this time, her Pok?mon understood clearly since it stopped and shook it head from left to right. Nina stopped and turned around. She placed her hands on her hips and walked towards her Bulbasaur. ?Come on, Zane. We gotta train if we want to win the League,? She kneeled down and picked up her Bulbasaur, which was a bit heavy for her.

?Let?s?start over there!? She muttered roughly as she walked to the side of the road. She placed her Bulbasaur down and looked at the tall grass. ?Let?s find ourselves some wild Pok?mon!?

It shook his head once more and inched back. It growled weakly as if it was trying to avoid the grass. Nina approached her Bulbasaur and asked what?s wrong. Then she heard voices from the nearby. She heard two boys yelling out commands. Two other growls were heard and then the sound of flames bursting came next.

?What?s that?? Nina muttered. She quickly followed the voices, which came distantly across the field of tall grass. Even though she was wearing shorts, she still made her way through the field, despite the nicks and cuts.

She ran though the fields and passed though scattered trees. Finally, she saw two figures rising out from the grass. Smoke rose from the meadow and she could clearly see the two boys locked in battle. She hid behind a tree that was near and peered at the two.

?Havoc, ember!? The blonde haired boy yelled, pointing towards the dark haired boy.

Her heart leapt when she saw a burst of flame rise from the grass and immediately head out to the victim. The dark haired boy leapt back a few feet and a blue head seem to pop out of tall grass, moving back along with its trainer. The ember attack was clearly a miss since Nina could see a self-satisfied smile on the dark haired boy?s face. The blonde haired boy gritted his teeth as he waited for an attack.

Nina moved over, undetected, to another tree, making herself closer. Now, she could see the two Pok?mon that were battling. One orange Pok?mon was surrounded by burnt grass. Its tail ended up in a small, ball of flame and its claws were exceptionally sharp. It growled fiercely at its opponent, which was a blue Pok?mon with a curled tail and a shell. Its smooth, round head bobbed up and down as it gasped for air. It was clearly tired.

?Squirtle, water gun,? The dark haired boy pointed towards the Charmander. The Squirtle obeyed by inhaling first, and then released a blast of water towards the Charmander.

The Charmander moved to the side, dodging the attack without much effort. Now, the Squirtle was open for a finishing blow.

?Havoc, ember, again!? At once, Havoc poised its tail up and converted the tiny ball of flame into a large ball of flame. A ball of flame immediately shot out from the fireball and headed towards the defenseless Squirtle.

The direct hit scored the finishing touch. The dark haired boy groaned in displeasure as his Squirtle fainted. He raised his hand and caught the Pok?ball that was bouncing back. He sighed in exhaustion while he looked at the blonde haired kid, congratulating his Charmander and patting its head.

?Good job, Havoc!? The boy exclaimed as he patted his Charmander?s round shaped head. Havoc squealed happily as its trainer rubbed its head.

Nina continued to peer at the two boys but then heard distinct growling noises on her arms. She realized that she was squeezing her Bulbasaur too hard that it began to choke and cough. ?Oops,? She muttered as she pulled out her Pok?ball and returned it. ?Sorry, Zane??

?Huh? What?s that?? The dark haired boy said as he swiftly turned around.

The blonde haired boy returned his Charmander and glanced up at the dark haired boy. ?What do you mean??

?I thought I heard someone whisper??

Nina gulped as she tried to remain silent. Instead, she emitted a low squeaking noise.

?There it goes again! It?s from the tree!? The two boys moved towards the tree quickly. Nina yelped as she started to run away but the blonde haired boy quickly grabbed her jacket.

?Ack! Let me go!? She squirmed and fought, but instead, she collapsed back at the blonde haired boy. The boy held her arms tightly and helped her regain balance.

?It?s just a girl,? The dark haired boy muttered moving towards both of them.

Nina moved away from the two with a fierce glare. ?Just a girl?? She scowled. ?I?m not just a girl! I?m a trainer!?

The blonde haired boy stared at her with a blank expression. ?A trainer?? He muttered. ?Say?do you want to battle?? A wide grin spread across his young face.

Nina stared at the two and shook her head. ?No thanks?? She replied, her voice a bit trembling. ?I just saw you two battling?? She looked down with her hands holding each other behind her. ?Um?I have a question??

?Huh? What?? The dark haired boy asked. He walked next to the blonde haired boy. His dark eyes shined brightly as he observed Nina.

?Are you two the trainers from that laboratory?? She asked timidly. She looked up at both of them and saw them nod.

?I just got my Squirtle killed by this guy?? The black haired boy pointed his thumb at the yellow haired boy. ?I guess I?m not that strong yet?? He smiled guiltily then scratched the back of his head.

?Aren?t you the professor?s son?? She asked him.

?Me? Nah. I?m not him. The professor has a kid? I didn?t know??

?I?m the professor?s son?? The blonde haired boy interjected coolly. ?I started my training, too?and I met him?? He pointed towards the dark haired kid.

Nina stared at him wide-eyed. ?You?re the professor?s kid?wow?? She gasped. ?You?you don?t look like him??

The black haired kid was equally shocked since he stared at him with astonishment. ?You?you?re the professor?s kid?? He stammered, voice trembling.

The professor?s son looked at both of the astonished beginners. He shrugged and returned to his blank expression. ?Uh?so?we haven?t really introduced ourselves?? He broke the silence between them.

?Right!? The dark haired kid snapped out of his astonished stare. ?Vincent!? He lent out his hand.

He stared at his hand and then grabbed it with his. ?Dennis?? He replied, shaking his hand.

Nina smiled as she mentioned her name. She looked at them both and approached them. ?Say?um?Dennis, Vincent. Wanna be friends??

Dennis looked at her curiously but Vincent was first to reply. ?Sure! I wanna have as many friends to battle!? He smirked and looked over at Dennis.

?Okay?? Dennis muttered. ?I?ll be?a friend?? His voice trailed off as he placed his hands in his pockets.

Nina smiled eagerly with her newly made friends. ?Okay! Let?s go!?

~*~*~*~

?Any sign of him?? Vincent asked her. They were wandering around the streets of Fuchsia city.

Nina managed to snap out off her daydreaming and looked at Vincent who had a stern look. ?No?? She said back. ?I haven?t seen him??

Vincent shrugged. ?Want to split up and find him??

Nina shook her head rapidly. ?No?I don?t want to?? She trailed off. ?I just don?t want to?? She had a strange feeling of not wanting to leave Vincent. She looked up at Vincent who was a foot taller than her and smiled. Vincent beamed back as they continued to find Dennis.

To be continued...

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    Comparing with earlier chapters, this new chapter looks like it's a lot rushed. I'm thinking your schedule is cramped courtesy of AP homework? :laugh:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I hav now com to the conclusion that Dennis is the commander of the dragon army XD
    newho, oni keep the good work up XD

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Chapter 15 was great Oni! I liked how you did that flashback with Nina. Hehe. Dennis getting jealous of Vincent :D
    Looks like his Chamrander was more experienced when it fought Squirtle.
    Bulba not listening sounds like the ole Pika plotline of the mangas and anime :P

Years
    New chapter!

Chapter 16

?You?re worthless! You just can?t do things! Utterly worthless! If only your mother would?ve died sooner then I could?ve thrown you away!? The thundering voice of Vincent?s father reverberated in his mind. ?Useless rubbish! Get out of my sight! Get away! Run away for all I care!?

He cowered down at his father?s feet and trembled in fear. He just received a punch to the gut and a kick to the face. Blood dripped from his mouth. He saw his father?s shadow move away and heard his footsteps fade. Then he was alone.

~*~*~*~

?Vincent??

Vincent suddenly opened his eyes and noticed Nina by his side. He noticed that the sun was almost setting. The sky was filled with colors of violet and gold.

?Is there something wrong?? She whispered sternly. ?You?didn?t look so well a second ago??

Vincent rubbed his forehead and wiped off the sweat. ?I?m fine,? He looked at Nina and smiled warmly. ?Nothing?s bothering me??

Nina smiled, too as she held his hand. Their search for Dennis was taking all noon. He wasn?t anywhere around the city so their only choice was outside of the city. They were walking south and towards the beach. The sounds of the waves were near and the sweet smell of the salty ocean was close. It wafted around them softly.

After a few minutes? walk, they finally reached the beach. The sound of the waves was soothing and the air was cool and calming. They looked around the empty beach, strewn with empty shells and rocks. Finally, they found a figure sitting on the sandy shores, looking over at the vast ocean.

It was Dennis. His unmistakable sandy blonde hair was flowing with the wind. His arms tucked his bent knees and his gaze was distant. He looked sternly over at the distance and the sun cast a long shadow on the glittering sand.

Nina let go of Vincent?s hand as they approached him slowly. Dennis must?ve heard them coming since their shoes made sounds on the sand. But he still continued to look over at the distant.

?Dennis?? Nina was the first one to call his name. ?Were you here all day?? She questioned him.

He sighed and looked down at the empty shells and smooth surfaced rocks. Seaweed touched his dark boots. ?Yeah?? He muttered and stood up slowly, dusting his pants. ?You want me to go back to the hotel?? He turned around to face the crimson sun.

?We were a bit worried about you?? Vincent replied. ?You were acting kinda weird lately??

Dennis didn?t reply as he placed his hands in his pockets silently. He turned to them and began to walk. He walked past them and opened his mouth. ?Let?s go back??

Without saying a word, the two followed him silently and calmly. It finally confirmed their thoughts that he changed, basically. He was different from the Dennis they knew and he was certainly not the arrogant, self-centered one.

As they entered the city, Nina had the courage to ask him. ?Dennis, why?why did you change??

He looked from his shoulder. ?Change?? He repeated. ?What do you mean??

Nina knew that he was going to deny it. ?Dennis, why are you so?so?sullen all of the sudden? You don?t yell at us?or anything??

?I haven?t changed?? Dennis lied. ?Why bother asking me?? His tone was monotonous. He didn?t yell nor raised his voice. It was just flat?

Nina didn?t reply to his remark. She looked down and then at Vincent who simply shrugged.

~*~*~*~

Dennis stood silently in the darkness. He remained standing and didn?t move. He felt a faint sensation inside him and the scent of something sweet and fragrant was nearby. He immediately recognized the familiar scent. He opened his eyes slowly and realized the darkness that surrounded him.

The faint green aura that came from Naomi touched him as he looked at her face. She was wearing a smile?a familiar one. The smile resembled that of his mother. The sweet, curved smile that he has seen her wear whenever she was happy and he always sees her with that smile. It was so familiar that his first impression of Naomi when he opened his eyes was of his mother. Naomi stared at him silently and continued to smile.

?Naomi?? Dennis called her name.

She looked up straight into his eyes. She looked so much like his mother. Except that her eyes were so solemn?and full of sadness. Her light green hair fell softly down to her shoulders.

?Naomi?? He repeated. ?Since last time?why?why did I change?? He asked her. ?I feel so different and my friends notice it, too?why??

Naomi continued to smile. Then her lips moved to reply. ?It?s because?you are still good inside?Dennis. Even if?your view of the world?is so impaired?I can still alter your view.?

?But why? I?I like the way I used to be!?

?But you friends do not?? Naomi interrupted him. Now, her smile faded and her face had a blank expression. ?Dennis?you are?better this way. It is best for you?because besides your family?you are loved??

Dennis looked back at her with confusion. ?I thought I told you before that??

?No, Dennis?you were loved by another girl?and deep inside you, you love her back?but you could not put yourself to believe that?the girl adores you?? Naomi whispered to him. ?Deep inside you?even before we first met?you loved her?but you could not bring yourself to believe it??

He immediately fell silent to her words. It was true. He does love Nina. It was a strange feeling inside him that began to spread in his insides. A warm feeling and a desire to be near her. He was jealous after all?

?I see now that you?ve accepted the fact?? Naomi said softly. ?Well then?my message??

Dennis looked up into her mesmerizing eyes.

?Dennis, please flee the city the moment you wake up. It is not the city who is in danger of attack?it is you?? She spoke softly. ?You?endanger your friends?and the innocents that live within the city??

He looked at her, wide-eyed and shocked. ?What do you mean by that? Danger of attack? What are you talking about??

?Dennis?the army of dragons has returned?. Please?leave?for they seek only you. They shall slay anyone?anyone who dares to get in their way??

?But?but I can?t just leave my friends! I?I don?t know where to go in the first place! And why are they attacking me??

Naomi held his hand. Her skin feels cold and smooth at the same time. ?Cross the sea?? She moved forward and whispered it to his ear. ?Leave now?for?you cannot stay any much longer. Do not forget that someone still loves you?and please?don?t hide it away??

?Naomi?? Dennis whispered back. He felt her soft, cold cheek brush onto his and then felt her lips press onto his cheek. It was another kiss from her. Naomi moved back and stared at Dennis? eyes lovingly. He stared back at her in bewilderment and surprise. ??Do you still?love me??

She flushed red the moment he said the words. She looked down at her body, which was covered by silk linen running all over, randomly covering parts of her body. She nodded a faint, subtle nod. She looked more like a mortal than a spirit.

?But?why?? He asked. ?I already told you about us. We?re not supposed to be together, because soon, I?ll die?and?you?ll have to feel sorry for me. You?ll feel sad forever?? Dennis? voice was trembling as he stammered his way through his explanation.

Naomi nodded once more and then closed her eyes. ?If so?? She began. ?Why don?t you?kiss me yourself?then?I promise?to leave you be?? She whispered softly and calmly.

Dennis? heart raced immediately and shock hit him like a hard brick in the face. She wanted him to kiss her but then? ?Naomi, I don?t want you leaving me alone. I just wanted to tell you that?? His words are useless to her. She remained silent with her head lowered. Dennis gulped and gripped his sweaty palms. His mind raced as he thought of something to do. Of course, he had no choice?

He moved forward to her, tilted her head up and then pressed his warm lips unto her cold lips. At that moment, Dennis was half panicking as he felt her arms wrap around his body. It was a few seconds when the kiss broke apart and they were once again, staring at each other.

?Farewell?? She whispered solemnly. ?May we?meet again?someday?

Dennis strained his eyes as he tried to focus them with the dark. Naomi?s message remained vivid in his mid. He must flee now because another army is going to attack?him. He realized that his previous suspicion that the armies are after him became true. The dragon army was going after him after all.

Naomi?s message was to cross the sea. And that?s what he?s going to do. He immediately stood up, feeling his joints pop a bit. He moved towards his folded clothes on a nearby table and quickly dressed. He looked at the closed curtains and opened them. The window faced the placid ocean and the moonlight reflected at the peaceful and calm sea. Without another word, he grabbed his Pok?balls on the table and moved across the room. Then he stopped in his tracks.

He looked paused and looked over at Nina?s bed. She slept peacefully and silently. She was comfortably tucked in her bed and this time, Vincent wasn?t sleeping with her. Dennis moved slowly to her bed, his heart pounding and Naomi?s words reverberating inside him.

?You love her?but you cannot bring yourself to believe it??

?Nina?? He whispered softly. He was kneeling next to her bed. ?I?m sorry. But?why do I love you? I just?can?t?I just can?t?? He realized that he was squeezing her hand tightly. He sighed as he let go of her slowly and touched her cheek. ?I?m sorry?I have to leave you. But don?t worry?I?ll be back. I promise you won?t be disappointed?because?I?ll change?I promise?? He moved forward and gave her a small kiss to the cheek. He then stood up and quickly moved towards the door and exited quickly.

~*~*~*~

Naomi?s words still remained in his head. He needs to cross the sea before the dragon army would find him in the city. It was only a few minutes before he realized that he was facing the ocean once more. It was still dark and the only lights came from the moon and from the city.

He sighed as he looked at the calm ocean and felt the tranquil breeze. A few seconds passed and he realized that the calm breeze immediately turned into a gale. He opened his eyes and noticed unrest in the ocean. It seems that waves were clashing in the distance and the waves started to grow stronger. He turned around and he saw them once more. The sky was clouded with Dragonairs. Bright, red orbs glowed and lit the sky. There were more than thousands of them. Now, Dennis had to really move.

He threw his Pok?ball into the air, which released his Dragonite. It swooped down and helped Dennis climb on its back. ?Fury, let?s cross the sea!? He yelled.

With a growl, his Dragonite obeyed and flapped its small wings. It was immediately airborne and was now crossing the sea. The Dragonair army followed him without a sound. The only sound that he can hear was his panting, the flapping of his Dragonite?s wings, and the conflicting ocean below. He needed to get away from the Dragonairs fast. But how can he?

His heart pounded wildly, his temples throbbed, and his palms started to sweat as he held tightly. He looked back over his shoulder and saw that the army is still following him. He muttered a swear word and urged his Dragonite to fly faster. It obeyed and increased its speed by flapping its wings more rapidly. Water from below shot up due to the wind that was forced by his Dragonite.

But still, the army continued to follow him by going even faster than his Dragonite. They were gaining faster and faster. Dennis looked back and noticed that he was now miles away from the city. He was in the middle of the nowhere and the only thing lighting his way was the moon. In the distance, he could see two islands. His heart leapt since he knew that he was near Seafoam Islands. He could hide there for a while.

Before he could hesitate, a hot, searing beam passed them. He noticed that the Dragonairs started to attack him. Another hyper beam followed and it almost hit him. Beam upon beam, they kept dodging the attacks. They glided from the left and then to the right, narrowly missing a few attacks. But then, he didn?t notice a hyper beam that came directly into his path. Fury collided with the beam and screamed out in agony. The combined force of the hyper beam was enough to knock it out.

Now, Dennis was falling down into the ocean. He immediately returned Fury and was about to take out Havoc?s Pok?ball. But by the time, he crashed into the ocean. The moment he crashed into it, he immediately fainted.

To be continued...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    haha suspence great new chapter he finally got his 1st kiss XD
    bad idea sendin his dragon to get him across...the dragonairs are obviously drawn 2 him by the dragonite. but then oni's gonna change it XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Once again, wonders of the AP Program crushes the writing ability of our beloved fanfic mod. *cries* ;_; Die evil AP! Stupid thing forcing the chapter to be so rushed and therefore look so weird...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    y do u alway hav 2 hav time 2 criticize something? XD
    neways, frosty's right these super work classes must DIE(and mess up sum great work by oni)! XD
    and dont u hav a review 2 do? XD

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Very good chapter Oni. Lots of emotion Dennis had to deal with. His love for NIna and Naomi. Figuring what he really felt. Very good stuff.
    Those evil dragons! I hope hes ok :cross-eye

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    frostweaver said:
    Once again, wonders of the AP Program crushes the writing ability of our beloved fanfic mod. *cries* ;_; Die evil AP! Stupid thing forcing the chapter to be so rushed and therefore look so weird...
    like he said a while ago evil APs XD

Years
    I dropped AP Euro but I kept Honors English...

anyways, I managed to conjure up a chapter! XD

Chapter 17

He was running away again?running away from those eyes. They were two piercing yellowish colored eyes. They chased him relentlessly. He gasped for air as he kept running and running. The eyes continued to chase him. He was enveloped in the darkness of fear and terror.

Sweat trickled down his forehead as he continued to run. Then, he fell. He turned around to see the eyes approaching. They were coming after him. Closer and closer they went until finally, they were in front of him.

He summoned his courage to stand up, despite the horrible pain that started to spread around his legs. ?What do you want from me? Why are you chasing me?? He screamed.

The two menacing eyes looked at him. He was inferior compared to them. Suddenly, they faded. They faded into the darkness and they were gone. But the eyes were reincarnated into a figure that stood in front of him. The faceless figure walked towards him.

?What are you?? He yelled.

?What are you?? The same voice echoed back at him, only this time, it came out from the figure. The figure looked as if it was a shadow?but it looked solid enough to be a living being.

He was starting to sweat profusely as the figure stopped in front of him. He was only a few inches from this mysterious figure. ?Who are you?? He questioned.

?Who are you?? The figure mimicked once more.

?Why are you doing this??

?Why are you doing this??

?Stop it!?

?Stop it!?

Before he could say anything more, the figure started to laugh. He recognized the voice. It was his voice.

?Shocked are you?? The figure said through his voice. ?Do you really want to know who I am??

He nodded despite the terror that was starting to spread around his body.

?I am you, Dennis?? The figure replied. ?You are I. We are the same. We both lust for power. We give our wrath to everyone. We are gluttons for satisfaction. We will both destroy mankind!? The figure laughed once more. It was a terrible laugh that echoed in his mind.

?Destroy?mankind?? Dennis? reply came to a whisper. ?I?I don?t understand??

?You do understand!? The figure suddenly advanced towards him and then held his shirt. ?You are made to be a vessel! You are my vessel. You are just a memory conjured by inferior humans!?

?What are you talking about?? He tried to struggle from his grasp but it was futile.

As he asked the question, he saw an evil grin appear from the faceless man. He saw a mouth full of dark teeth. He saw it appear and then it grinned. The mouth moved. ?We are the same Dennis?however, no matter what you do?you can never win against me. Your will is weak and you can easily be corrupted. You will find your loved ones useless?and you will join me, Dennis. You will become part of me?and you will?help me satisfy my lust for power??

He managed to find enough strength to push the figure away from him. ?Get away from me! I don?t know what are you talking about!? He glared at him despite the terror that made his knees shake.

?Inane?? The figure laughed. ?You try to stop me? Just try!?

?I don?t care who you are! Just get away!? He screamed at the top of his lungs. ?Leave me alone! LEAVE?ME?ALONE!?

Dennis blinked and noticed that he was in a room. He was staring at the wooden ceiling above. He was lying down on a comfy bed, covered by a soft, thick blanket. He wanted to move his hands but pain surged in them when he tried to. He noticed that bandages covered his bare body. He groaned since his head began to ache. Dennis summoned his strength again, despite the pain, to make him self sit up.

After a few attempts, he managed to do so. However, his body still ached. He held his arm, which was sore and throbbing with ache. Dennis then looked around the room. He was inside a small, wooden room with just a window to his left. It was covered with white curtains and it blocked the rays of the sun, making the room a bit dim. The bed was against the wall and to his right an end table lay there. On top of that end table there was a small basin full of water. A wet towel was hanging on the rim of the small wooden basin. The entrance to the room, a wooden door, was closed.

The sound of the waves outside made him conclude that he must still be near the ocean?but where? He still clutched his arm and was ignoring the throbbing pain in his head. In order to find out where, it?s best to stand up and explore the area. He might be in one of the islands near Seafoam?but it was most unlikely since he doesn?t remember anyone living in them. Pain surged in his legs as he moved them to the side of his bed. He yelped in pain as his feet landed on the wooden floor.

?A bit more?? He thought to himself as he struggled to maintain his balance. ?I can do this?? He clenched his denim pants, trying to take away the pain in his leg.

Before he could fully retain his balance. The wooden door opened with a small creak. A red haired girl looked inside the room and at the immediate sight of Dennis, she let out a small scream and then ran off immediately.

?Hey wait!? Dennis yelled, trying to stop the girl. He wanted to run after the girl but the pain in his leg stopped him in tracks. Dennis swore to himself as he collapsed on his side. Horrible, horrible pain erupted from his side. He groaned in pain while he sat up. Before he knew it, he heard footsteps coming towards him. ?Great?what now?? He muttered as he struggled to stand up but instead faltered.

?He?he?s a?awake?? He heard the girl?s stammering and trembling voice from the other side of the door.

?Well, why did you have to run away? You could?ve helped him at least.? Another voice was heard. This time, it was the voice of an older female. Dennis looked up and noticed another girl with red hair looking down at him. She was much taller than the other girl, who was peaking on the side of the door.

The older girl immediately moved towards Dennis and helped him up to his bed. ?I?m sorry about my sister. She?s?a bit shy. That?s why she just ran off?? They both walked until they reached the bed.

?Thanks?? Dennis muttered as he sat down on the bed. He looked at the girl who helped him then at the girl?s sister who was peering curiously. ?Uh?where am I?? Came his immediate question.

The tall, red haired girl blinked and then smiled. ?Oh you?re just a few miles east of Cinnabar Island, don?t worry. I found you lying on the beach in Seafoam Islands.? Dennis immediately remembered what had happened as she mentioned Seafoam. ?Oh yes?that was three days ago??

?Three days ago?? Dennis exclaimed in astonishment. ?I wasn?t asleep that long, was I??

?You were. You certainly worried me. It was a good thing my grandfather was a doctor once.? She continued to smile at Dennis and then looked over at her sister. ?Anna, why are you so afraid of him when he?s awake? You were the who mostly took care of him.?

Anna looked quite frightened at the statement and blushed. ?N?no?? She simply muttered shyly.

Dennis leaned to his side, trying to catch a glimpse of the girl who took care of him. She had her long, fiery red hair down and had sparkling brown eyes, and her face was vivid crimson from the blushing. Dennis smiled at her, which made her blush even more.

?Now you just take rest, okay. My grandfather is still asleep and you might still need medical attention,? The older sister said. ?Oh, by the way, my name is Sarah. That?s my little sister Anna, over there. And you might be??

?Dennis?? He replied. ?Um?nice to meet you both and thanks??

?Oh you shouldn?t be thanking me,? Sarah smiled. ?My grandfather treated your wounds and my little sister took care of you while you were still unconscious. I don?t know what?s wrong with her but she seems to be shy now??

?Thanks again?? Dennis smiled as he scratched the back of his head but then stopped since he realized that the back of his head ached, too.

?By the way,? Sarah began. ??What happened? Why were you out in the ocean, unconscious??

Dennis felt alarmed at the question. ?Oh that?? He replied quietly. ?I?I was chased by the Dragonair armies?and?I guess they hit me hard??

Sarah eyed him suspiciously but after a few seconds, smiled. ?Well, I?m just glad that you?re still alive!?

Sarah stood up and moved towards the door but Anna stopped her with a question. ?What was he talking about? Dragonair armies??

?Oh,? Sarah replied. ?In the mainland, there were Dragonair attacks near the cities. I heard about them while I was visiting the cities,? She continued. ?Now you talk with Dennis for a while. I need to take care of the laundry??

Anna froze when Sarah left the room. She looked at Dennis frightfully and blushed a bit. Dennis was now looking down at his healed wounds and didn?t seem to notice Anna?s presence. She tried to gather up her courage in order to talk to him. She stuttered a bit, which made Dennis notice her.

?Oh, it?s you,? Dennis began. ?You?re the one who took care of me, right??

Anna nodded slowly. She was about to say something but then she choked and stuttered, making her words unclear.

?Thanks, Anna!? Dennis smiled at her.

She flushed scarlet immediately. ?You?you?re welcome?? She managed to stammer out.

?Huh? Are you scared or something?? Dennis asked her and looked around for a massive wound that might be the cause of her fear.

?No, no!? She said, trembling. ?There?s nothing!?

Dennis stopped searching all around his body and just looked back at her. ?Okay?? He murmured. ??Hey, how old are you anyway?? Dennis asked her, trying to spark a conversation.

?Me? Uh?I?m fourteen?? Anna replied feeling a bit embarrassed herself.

Dennis chuckled. ?You?re almost the same age as me,? He said. ?I?m fifteen.?

?R?really?? She stammered loudly. Her fear seems to have dwindled a bit.

Dennis nodded and smiled again. ?You shouldn?t be scared at me since we?re almost the same age??

Anna nodded and looked around the room. She moved silently to the small basin full of water. She picked it up, along with the damp towel. ?I?m supposed to take care of you, again?? She whispered. ??But you were awake??

?I see?I guess I really startled you over there.?

She nodded in reply as she walked over towards the door. ?I?I have to throw away this water now?? She looked down at the basin. ?You?you just rest for a while??

Dennis nodded and watched her leave the room quickly, leaving the door wide open. Dennis scratched his head again but immediately felt pain behind his head. He stopped scratching his head and thought, ?What a weird girl??

He then tried to remember that dream that he just experienced. It was a weird dream and that?s all that he concluded. Not a single memory of it retained in his mind. Only a sense of fear surrounded him at the thought of it like a wave of boiling water. He rested his chin on his fist and went deep in thought.

As he delved deeper into his thoughts, he noticed someone staring at him, standing on the doorway. He quickly jerked his head towards the doorway. There stood an old man with a long, white beard and a small smile. His hair was gray and thin and his face was filled with wrinkles. He looked at Dennis with some sort of mysterious interest as he stepped inside. The old man used a cane in order to walk. He walked slowly while trembling at the same time.

?Pardon me,? His dry, rasping voice came. ?I just came to check?? Dennis didn?t reply as the old man examined Dennis. ?My?you healed quickly. When my granddaughter found you, you were quite near death you know that. Hardly enough, you only suffered bruises and no broken bones whatsoever.?

When he said the word ?granddaughter,? Dennis was relieved. ?Wait, you?re Sarah and Anna?s grandfather, right??

?Correct,? He replied quickly. ?Usually, I?m at my nap right now but the commotion that Anna conjured was enough to wake me up. Ah?? The old man smiled. ??A proper introduction is what you might need. My name is Cornelius.? He let out his thin, bony hand while he gripped his wooden staff on the other hand.

?Dennis,? Dennis said as he grasped his hand firmly and shook it. ?I heard from Sarah that you were a doctor, right? Thank you!?

?No need for my thanks,? Cornelius commented. ?I believe Sarah already said that Anna was the one who took care of you mostly. All I did was inspect for any broken bones and place some bandages. Anna was the one who did the hard work,? He chuckled dryly afterwards.

?I see?? Dennis tried to imagine how that shy girl could have taken care of him while he was unconscious. It seems inevitable or there might be something that scared the girl. ?But it seems that Anna looks a bit afraid of me??

Cornelius sighed. ?Anna is a bit shy sometimes. But it is rather odd since she showed no signs of it when she took care of you. Maybe it?s because you were using her room??

?Her room?? Dennis looked around frantically at Anna?s room. He was expecting something like a girl?s poster somewhere?but there weren?t any?

A conversation between the two followed. Dennis learned from Cornelius that he took care of Sarah and Anna when they were both young. Their mother died when giving birth to Anna while their father was a scientist who went off to a research somewhere in Cinnabar Island with the gym leader there. After a massive eruption of the volcano in Cinnabar, it was known that hundreds died and hundreds more went missing. Anna and Sarah?s father was among them.

Time passed and the two soon grew up. Sarah wanted to be a Pok?mon trainer while Anna did not wanted to. Instead, she wanted to become a doctor like her grandfather. When Cornelius contracted a disease linked to the pollution in the mainland, he had no choice but to move into a deserted island near Cinnabar Island. Sarah gave up her dream of becoming a Pok?mon trainer while Anna still aimed towards her dream of becoming a doctor with the aid of her grandfather, learning medicine and the basics. Sarah goes to the mainland daily in order to work and buy food while Anna stayed on the island, learning from her grandfather.

?Grandfather!? Sarah suddenly burst into the room. ?I was so worried! I couldn?t find you!?

Cornelius chuckled. ?It?s all fine, Sarah. I was just having a chat with Dennis here. There?s no need to worry!?

Sarah gave off a sigh of relief. ?I?m sorry I disturbed you two?? She then smiled. ?I have to go back to my chores now?? She immediately left the room without saying another word.

After a while, Cornelius continued to talk to Dennis. Dennis gave his own story of his life?but only the minor details. He didn?t mention a word of Nina or Vincent?not even the mysterious things that seemed to be connected to him. In fact, he forgot all of it. All of what he thought was that?he was a trainer, runner-up of the 36th annual Pok?mon League championships. He lived with a family in Pallet town. He has a loving mother, a caring father, and a sweet, beloved little sister. He traveled in Johto for a year, returned, traveled around Kanto for a while until he encountered the army of dragons. They chased him and he fled for his life?and then he was shot. When he regained consciousness, he was here.

Not a word of Nina. Not a word of Vincent. Not even his fear of being the next victim of the dragons. He didn?t mention that mysterious girl, Naomi and how she loved him. He didn?t mention his love for Nina. He never said a word of that mysterious trainer Silver, his daughter, Alyssa, and her mother, Blue. Not even Derek, Alyssa?s friend and the leader of the Machop army. In fact, he forgot all of it. All he could remember was that?he was a great trainer and he never had rivals?

Dennis soon realized that Anna was peering at the doorway. She looked at him innocently, and just?curiously.

To be continued...

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Very interesting chapter. He got amnesia it seems.
    Hehe. Looks like Dennis has a little admirerer^^ She was blushing!
    The back stories of that family was interesting too. Losing a mother and father, having to live on a deserted island.
    Cant wait for more chapters :cool:

Back