• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Dragons (PG-13 for mature themes later)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Kenta said:
    Very interesting chapter. He got amnesia it seems.
    Hehe. Looks like Dennis has a little admirerer^^ She was blushing!
    The back stories of that family was interesting too. Losing a mother and father, having to live on a deserted island.
    Cant wait for more chapters :cool:
    wheres that ditto smilie >< XD
    at first i thought u were pulling a Bramimond XD
    o well...It seems Nina has sum competition XD

Years
    This chapter = rushed and short. I feel so bad for myself... XP

Chapter 18

Dennis could immediately sense a weird feeling deep inside him. He was sitting on the beach gazing at the sunset a few days after he woke up in the island. The strangest of feelings started to envelope him whenever he sees the sunset. It was as if a wave of nostalgia deep inside him wanted to break free. But he couldn?t seem to bring himself to let it go. He tried to delve deeper in his memories and search for something that he might have forgotten.

As he tried to think, he heard the distinct sounds of bare feet stepping on sand behind him. He quickly turned his head to see over his shoulder in order to see who it was. He noticed the bright, fiery red hair and the long, white dress that reached up the girl?s knees. It was Anna. She shyly moved towards him and her face was vivid scarlet. Dennis remained silent while she slowly moved towards him and joined him into gazing the sunset. She slowly grew over her shyness of him but was still blushing every time he was near her.

?The sunset is so beautiful, isn?t it?? she asked him as she sat down near Dennis.

Dennis nodded slowly and his eyes remained transfixed at the now halved sun. The sweet smell of the salty ocean wafted around them and the soothing sounds of the gurgling and foaming waves were all so familiar to Dennis. Maybe it was because he used to live near the ocean? No. It was something else. Something?familiar?

?De?Dennis?? Anna called his name through her shy voice. ?For how long are you going to stay here??

Dennis snapped out of his trance and looked over at Anna. He smiled at her. ?What? Do you want me to leave already or something?? he chuckled lively.

Anna blushed. ?N?no!? She stammered. ?I just?wanted to ask!?

Dennis kept his smile, which comforted Anna. ?I?ll be staying for a while. Maybe a few months before the Pok?mon League can start again?? his voice was immediately drowned by the sounds of the gurgling waves.

?Oh, I see?? Anna whispered as she looked down. The sun has now completely disappeared down the horizon. There was only a faint color of gold that lit the horizon while trailed by lush colors of indigo and light gray. ?If you do go?are you?are you coming back here??

?You ask a lot of questions,? Dennis chuckled ?I will, don?t worry,?

A faint smile appeared on Anna?s face. ?I?m just happy that?? before she could continue, she sneezed softly. She rubbed her nose and sniffed. ?I?m?I?m sorry?? Anna quickly said after seeing Dennis? shocked expression.

?It?s getting cold. We should get back.? Dennis stood up and helped Anna. ?Why are you wearing that anyway when you know it?s going to be always cold before night??

Dennis was right. Anna was wearing a sleeveless dress and the straps that held her dress to her body were thing. Dennis could clearly see goosebumps on her skin.

?This?? she began, looking at her dress. ?It used to be my mother?s when she was my age?? Anna smiled but then sniffed and then sneezed.

Dennis laughed again, which made Anna blush uncontrollably. Both of them started to walk towards shelter and he completely forgot what he was thinking about earlier.

~*~*~*~

?Vincent, I?m just worried about him!? Nina shot back at Vincent as they arrived in Cinnabar Island. ?It?s just that?he worries me too much. Even though he doesn?t want us to tag along, I just want to know where he is and if he?s safe??

?Nah, I?m sure Dennis is fine,? Vincent looked back at Nina and smiled. ?I mean, he can take care of himself anyway.?

Nina sighed as she looked back at the vast sea. It was eight days since the night Dennis left. She had a weird feeling about him the night he disappeared. It was as if she actually longed for him. But that was just in one night. ?I just hope that he?s well?? she whispered.

Vincent stopped and smiled at her warmly. ?Don?t worry. I?m sure we?ll meet him in the League. I?m sure of it!? At that moment, he moved forward and hugged her. ?He can take care of himself. Let?s just be together for a while, huh??

Nina nodded slowly and hugged him back. ?Okay,? she whispered ?you?re right, Vincent. I?shouldn?t be worrying about him.?

He looked down at her, smiled, and quickly kissed her sweetly to the lips. She kissed him back and smiled, too.

~*~*~*~

Missus Oak walked slowly from the kitchen to the living room. It was night; eleven o?clock at most. It has been six months ever since Dennis left for another journey around Kanto and it?s now mid-winter. In a few months at spring, the Pok?mon League would start. Now, the cold winter seems to have retained its usual coldness and fury. Outside, it was raining. It wasn?t pouring nor drizzling lightly. The sound of the pattering rain on the windowpanes calmed her down and made her remember of the past years with her husband.

The television was on in front of the sofa. Mister Oak sat on one end of the sofa, watching intently on the news while his daughter, Amy, slept soundly on his lap. His stern face matched his narrow, green eyes and his disheveled, dark brown hair that was pointing everywhere. His eyes were fixed to the television, which showed the current news.

Missus Oak sat next to her husband and laid her head unto his shoulder. She felt his hand wrap around her shoulders and she felt a kiss to her head. She smiled, but then, at the sound of the news, her heart sunk.

??During the winter, it has been reported that a fourth army has attacked south of Fuchsia City. There are currently no deaths yet but this army composed of Dewgongs seems to be joined by the current three armies. It is best advised that citizens along the shores to lock their homes during the night or morning, and to have a heat source in their homes. It seems that all of Kanto has now been completely surrounded by the four armies. The army of Dragonairs has attacked central cities, namely Saffron City, Cerulean City, and Celadon City. The Machops armies have attacked Pewter City and Lavender Town. The Gengar army seems to have been wandering around the routes, appearing randomly, and finally, the Dewgong army has attacked shoreline cities such as Vermillion City and Fuchsia city??

Missus Oak didn?t say a word but her lip trembled in concern. She looked over at her husband and they both share the same reaction now.

??They?all of them?could they be back?? her trembling whisper passed from her lips. She held his hand tightly and could feel the coldness in his sweaty palm.

?They couldn?t possibly come back?? Mister Oak replied back. His voice was straightforward and stern. ?It?s impossible!?

Missus Oak didn?t say anymore. She continued to watch the news along with her husband. It might be true. The possibility of ?them? coming back seems inevitable. It might be some sort of Pok?mon behavior that seems unexplained. But the pattern was so eerily familiar. Dragons?fighting?ghost?ice?the haunting armies were all so nostalgic and so familiar. Twenty years before?twenty years before?is it possible? No. It?s impossible?

She held his hand even more tightly as she felt a tear streaming down her closed eye. All the memories fifteen years back. All of the pain and the misery are coming back to haunt her when she suddenly realized what was happening. Even though it was possible?she tried to keep her mind away from it. She didn?t want to believe that somewhere out there, he?s going to claim back what he was supposed to have. Somewhere out there, he?s going to take him away from her?

~*~*~*~

?I haven?t used my Pok?mon in a while,? Dennis thought to himself as he looked down at five Pok?balls. ?Their faces?it?s as if they?re trying to tell me something??

Dennis was sitting up on the floor inside Anna?s room. With a bit of some confusion and stuttering, Anna seem to want Dennis to stay in her room and she even insisted that Dennis would sleep on her bed, but Dennis refused and resorted sleeping on the floor.

?It?s weird,? he muttered softly. He looked down at his Pok?mon. All of them stared back at him, as if they were hungry from a long fast. But they were just fed and Dennis let them out of their Pok?balls everyday and trains them for the League. He accomplished his goal of placing them in a level high enough than his last League entry. He continued to stare back at his Pok?mon but noticed a pair of eyes staring at him.

He looked up and noticed Anna. Her hands were together and relaxed in front of her and her fiery red hair was neatly tied with a soft pink bow. She smiled timidly at Dennis and Dennis smiled back. Anna?s birthday was just two months ago. Now, she was fifteen. She seems to have grown confidence ever since that day. She was a bit more mature?or was it because Dennis was always talking to her?

?Are you looking at your Pok?mon?? she asked him as she walked towards him. Her bare feet made the floor squeak below her.

Dennis nodded while still smiling. He placed his Pok?balls near on the floor to his left while Anna sat to his right. She sat on the floor, against the wall with Dennis while she held her knees. She was wearing her white dress again and was smiling vibrantly.

Dennis sighed as he looked over at the ceiling. Anna immediately noticed that he might have some sort of conflict inside him. So she asked, ?What?s wrong??

He shrugged in reply. ?You know what, I don?t know?? Dennis sighed heavily again. ?It?s the weirdest thing. You know?that first time we were at the beach?? Dennis asked and noticed Anna?s subtle nod. ?It felt like I was trying to remember things back then. Now, my Pok?mon are acting really weird?and I just couldn?t understand them anymore. When I think of things, it?s as if I don?t remember my purpose of being a trainer?? Dennis trailed off, feeling that it was hopeless to chase what he doesn?t know. Instead, he wanted to hear the calm waves from the outside.

When he found the strength to talk again, he began immediately. ??It?s as if I didn?t have a family before?? his voice dropped down to a whisper. ??I know I remember them but I couldn?t remember their faces. All I know are names, and that?s it. I know I was a runner up in the League, but I couldn?t remember how I fought my way there. I couldn?t even remember what my Pok?mon?s nicknames are.?

?I understand?? Anna?s voice matched Dennis? somber whisper. ?I couldn?t remember much of my life, too. When I was younger, all I knew was to play along with the kids and I didn?t really know much about my mother and father. I always wanted to be a doctor back then but suddenly, I find myself here. Then, I couldn?t remember why I wanted to be a doctor?? she looked up and smiled at Dennis. ?I guess we?re just the same, huh??

Dennis felt a bit of relief deep inside of him. He smiled and replied, ?Yeah. I guess we are??

He didn?t notice Anna?s hand until he accidentally touched it. Anna immediately blushed again as they both withdrew hands.

?S?sorry about that?? Dennis stammered as he tried to smile at her guiltily.

Anna ceased blushing and smiled back. ?It?s okay,? she whispered. ?It?s nothing?? She giggled a bit, which triggered Dennis? mind to remember something.

?That?s strange,? he mumbled. ?The way you laugh, it sounds to familiar.?

?Really?? she asked. ?How so??

?I don?t know?it?s just?familiar?? Dennis laughed for real this time. ?Maybe it?s because I?m around here for long. Don?t worry about me!?

They both continued to smile at each other regardless of Dennis? conflicts. A long silence followed but soon, Dennis? smile faded.

?Anna?? he whispered softly.

?Yes, Dennis?? she asked.

?I?m thinking?I don?t want to be a trainer anymore?? he felt her soft hand as he touched it passionately. ?Ever since I woke up here?I couldn?t seem to find the reason I was a trainer in the first place??

Anna blushed as she gazed back at Dennis? bright blue eyes. ?Dennis, what do you mean??

?I don?t know. But,? Dennis paused for a while as he inhaled. ?It?s so weird. It?s as if I felt love before. I just don?t remember when. I know I love someone so much?but I don?t remember who it was. When I look at you now?you?re just so?beautiful??

Anna blushed uncontrollably, realizing how Dennis could change what he was talking about all so sudden. She looked down and then at Dennis, and didn?t know what to say. She was basically speechless as she started to stutter. She felt cold around her body but her side that was facing Dennis felt so warm. His hand felt so warm and soft.

Then she noticed that Dennis was moving forward to kiss her. She closed her eyes, surrendering herself to him. Before both their lips could even touch, Sarah?s loud voice was heard.

?Anna! Anna come here and do your chores!?

Alarmed, Anna opened her eyes quickly and looked around in desperation. Dennis stared back at her with intent but he let her go. She immediately stood up; her eyes still remained fixed to his and then he smiled. She smiled back at him and turned around, without another word.

When he was all by himself, Dennis though, ?Weird?it?s as if I felt that feeling before??

To be continued...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    oni flygon said:
    This chapter = rushed and short. I feel so bad for myself... XP

~*~*~*~

?Vincent, I?m just worried about him!? Nina shot back at Vincent as they arrived in Cinnabar Island. ?It?s just that?he worries me too much. Even though he doesn?t want us to tag along, I just want to know where he is and if he?s safe??

?Nah, I?m sure Dennis is fine,? Vincent looked back at Nina and smiled. ?I mean, he can take care of himself anyway.?

Nina sighed as she looked back at the vast sea. It was eight days since the night Dennis left. She had a weird feeling about him the night he disappeared. It was as if she actually longed for him. But that was just in one night. ?I just hope that he?s well?? she whispered.

Vincent stopped and smiled at her warmly. ?Don?t worry. I?m sure we?ll meet him in the League. I?m sure of it!? At that moment, he moved forward and hugged her. ?He can take care of himself. Let?s just be together for a while, huh??

Nina nodded slowly and hugged him back. ?Okay,? she whispered ?you?re right, Vincent. I?shouldn?t be worrying about him.?

He looked down at her, smiled, and quickly kissed her sweetly to the lips. She kissed him back and smiled, too.

~*~*~*~

?I don?t know. But,? Dennis paused for a while as he inhaled. ?It?s so weird. It?s as if I felt love before. I just don?t remember when. I know I love someone so much?but I don?t remember who it was. When I look at you now?you?re just so?beautiful??

Anna blushed uncontrollably, realizing how Dennis could change what he was talking about all so sudden. She looked down and then at Dennis, and didn?t know what to say. She was basically speechless as she started to stutter. She felt cold around her body but her side that was facing Dennis felt so warm. His hand felt so warm and soft.

Then she noticed that Dennis was moving forward to kiss her. She closed her eyes, surrendering herself to him. Before both their lips could even touch, Sarah?s loud voice was heard.

?Anna! Anna come here and do your chores!?

Alarmed, Anna opened her eyes quickly and looked around in desperation. Dennis stared back at her with intent but he let her go. She immediately stood up; her eyes still remained fixed to his and then he smiled. She smiled back at him and turned around, without another word.
    Well, It seems the PG stuff is starting to kick in (deleted) *Gets mauled*

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Oh yeah! Its getting way better. Seems he really likes Anna, even if he is reminded of Nina. Its cute when she blushes are Dennis^^ Nina seems to be moving on a little. Even if she worries of Dennis, she lets Vincent love her.
    More armies are bad. The cities are in big trouble again.

O

Your Mom
    Years
    I just read thru the whole thing(surprising oni just told me to read it 2 seconds ago... *rolls eyes*) and its good... Er... yea... X.X

BTW I'm now an alcoholic!

Niko (...) (Ph33r teh dots) says:
    how could an 11 year old be one?
    [??????|{AIJUDO?????] [Everytime i visit a doctor he says I have No Cancer. This really bugs me. I think my No Cancer has spread] says:
    illegal drinking

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    not only that, ur depression heldd out for 3 weeks XP (thinkin Oni cant post cuz there needs to be an interval XD)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    digispirit virus said:
    not only that, ur depression heldd out for 3 weeks XP (thinkin Oni cant post cuz there needs to be an interval XD)
    Hmm... I thought that it was Fire Emblem that dragged him away from fanfic, because he's too addicted to FE, and went over to pick up the GBA instead of picking up the pen (err... keyboard.)

XD

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    actually i dont think he's been playin Fire Emblem much either.....

Years
    I don't know but I had the intention of discontinuing this fanfic...I've lost the whole inspiration thingie to continue it and all...XP

Years
    Suspense? X-X
    I don't think so...
    Besides, I'm quite busy in the real world. Also, I'm planning on making a short story...(not Pokemon related)

Back