• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
Years
  • Hm. I may take you up on that offer black ice. its great to run with people, im currently in a clan with a bunch of friends ^_^ Ill send you a pm with my PSN incase you wanna add me (when you got free time of course)

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    You guys can add me on PS3: toon032

I won't be playing for awhile, but when I get back on a will play with you guys.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • They changed it in the last title update (the one where if you put someone into Second Chance you got the kill even if someone else finished them off). So that's why you might not know about it.
    I think it's a good idea, gives people some small reason to use shotguns... even if they are pretty much worthless.

I think Spas is pretty awesome to use on Summit and NukeTown, Spas with a Silencer and Marathon can be beastly if you are used to the automatic shotguns.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I was playing Ascension last night for about, maybe 2-3 hours, and got up to Round 28, which is quite the accomplishment for me. :D Anyway, Some things that happened were that we broke the Roof glitch, I accidentally exchanged my Pack-a-punch'd Ray Gun for a little Shotgun, thus me spending roughly 30,000 points on a new gun for something different, which ended up in me getting a Pack-a-Punch'd Spectre, and I noticed myself with this score.

Spoiler:

(Take note of the kills. XD;)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I was shocked watching that first half. And then around 2:15 my jaw dropped... Just sitting there with a Gunship not moving and just flat out ripping them apart. And then getting behind them and getting all of them backstabs (he had to have gotten enough for Ninja Pro for all 15 prestiges). I mean I saw a game on Nuketown where this guy just sat there and they were spawning on him (like 2 inches in front of him) but that was when the game first came out and had really bad spawns. And now I see this vid... At the end of the game the person had another Gunship in his pocket, he had 501 kills and 8 deaths. His team all had over 100 kills and only one had 10 deaths (the rest were 8 or below, likely from killing themselves so they can get another Gunship). The enemy team on the other hand... 11-283, and 8-278... Why would you stick around for something like that? That person's K/D has to be so far gone that they'll never pull it above 1. That is just crazy...

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Either way though, this definitely goes to show how bad the spawns get... :/
    That map, nuketown and firing range probably have the worst spawns in the entire game. Probably just because of the map layout in general. I dont have a problem with the bigger maps since the spawns are spread out but they could really put improvments on the spawn system. :C

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Mainly it's not really just the maps, it's the game type. I know Demolition (and CTF to some extent) have set spawns for a reason but if a team's good enough they can take it out of hand and spawn trap teams like crazy. It might be messing with a good game formula but they should really try to somehow fix the fixed spawns in some game types, maybe make them have a longer range or something, I don't know.

Also, I just had to download a new update. Anyone know what it did?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    https://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/news/xbox-update-7-deployed

2/28/11 (Title Update 7)

Issues Addressed:
    Matchmaking improvements to return higher quality results faster. This change includes settings that are tunable in the live environment, so tweaking may continue beyond initial release of this update.
    The in-game store now hides DLC map packs that do not match the language of the player's disc to decrease the possibility of users downloading the incorrect language version.
    Calling in a Chopper Gunner immediately after getting shot down in a Gunship will no longer end the Chopper Gunner run prematurely. Required timing-specific button presses.
    Split screen players are now able to change camera perspectives and cycle through players as a spectator.
    Addressed an issue where the most recent match played in Zombies could overwrite the best match played on the leaderboard.
    Improved Zombies lobbies to prevent players from erroneously receiving the error "Unable to join game session" under certain circumstances.
    Addressed a number of community-discovered Zombies gameplay exploits.
    Additional security feature updates.

Gameplay Tuning:
    Additional sniper rifle tuning.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I like some of the updates, like the improved matchmaking stuff adn all the new Zombies stuff. I want to know if they patched the lunar lander glitch yet though.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • The COD series have been milked for far too long. They should have ended the series for at least 10 years after MW2.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I hope the PS3 update also includes some lag fixes.

Also, double XP this weekend is confirmed. Good thing I'm free...

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I'm downloading the map pack for PS3. It is taking forever:(

I can't wait for the double xp weekend.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Will this double XP weekend be for PS3 only, or for every system? I mean it's cool if it's only for PS3, but another double XP weekend would be kinda cool.

Also, the Lunar Lander glitch in Ascension has not been patched yet as of the latest update.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I hope it is better. But, I will still play Black Ops, because I like how you can buy stuff instead of unlocking it.

Anthraxinsoup

Professional Vidya Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    I am maybe trading some games in today to get black ops on PC. Have it on xbox.

Back