• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Can Meltan Evolve?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2020
    Now that Home is out, has anyone found out if Meltan can evolve in Swhs through any means? Or do you have to do it in GO? I can't really play GO (my area isn't trafficked enough to generate a solid stream of Meltans, and the best place for it is an hour away) and I know how long it takes to get Melmetal normally.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Now that Home is out, has anyone found out if Meltan can evolve in Swhs through any means? Or do you have to do it in GO? I can't really play GO (my area isn't trafficked enough to generate a solid stream of Meltans, and the best place for it is an hour away) and I know how long it takes to get Melmetal normally.

It does not. The only way to evolve Meltan is through Pokemon Go with 400 Meltan Candy.
    Meltan has no way to evolve into Melmetal in the main series games. The next best thing is to maybe hope to get Melmetal in a trade.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2020
    Ugh, alright thanks for the heads up. That's a really dumb design choice that could cause issues in the future if you ask me

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Can Melmetal be traded though? I tried to trade a Meltan, but it said it was a special pokemon and couldn't be traded.

At the moment, I think the only way to get it, is through yourself on Pokemon Go.

I will say that there most likely will be a Melmetal Event in the future since there is a Gigamax Form for him. And since normal ones cannot gigamax, we will have to get an event in the future for him. Or a new way to evolve. With the expansions, they could release a way to evolve him outside of Pokemon Go.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Can Melmetal be traded though? I tried to trade a Meltan, but it said it was a special pokemon and couldn't be traded.

At the moment, I think the only way to get it, is through yourself on Pokemon Go.

I will say that there most likely will be a Melmetal Event in the future since there is a Gigamax Form for him. And since normal ones cannot gigamax, we will have to get an event in the future for him. Or a new way to evolve. With the expansions, they could release a way to evolve him outside of Pokemon Go.

Meltan and Melmetal cannot be traded through the GTS because they're mythical pokemon.
    They should be able to be traded normally, through link codes and all of that.
    You are right that Melmetal is likely to get an event in the future due to the existence of its Gigantamax Form. Probably will happen before the Isle of Armor DLC in my opinion.

Back