• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can someone help me get the PTCGO working?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    Alright, so I downloaded the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online from here: https://www.pokemontcg.com/download

However, once I open it, it just goes to the loading screen. The screen says LOADING... in big sky-blue letters with a dark blue quartz-like pattern in the background. Ive left it alone for hours, and still nothing. I have redownloaded it many times, but its the same every time.

The only other item in the folder that I downloaded is something called "Refresher." When I open this, I get the Pokemon TCG logo in the upper left corner, something that says "Updating game..." then "Step 5 of 5" and then "Patch Completed Successfully." On the right side, it says "1.9.13 Patch Notes May 8, 2013." Below that, it lists the new patch notes. In the bottom right corner there is a yellow "PLAY" button. When I click it, it just takes me to that endless loading screen.

What should I do? I want to play. I am looking for something similar to Dueling Network for YuGiOh (duelingnetwork.com). I am using a MacBook OSX 10.7.5.

Please help!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    One question before we go any further: did you download the Windows version, or the Mac version?

Wow. I'm ashamed to have left that out. I put in every other detail except which operating system I downloaded it for. I downloaded it for Mac. Lol. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    Haha gotcha. Thanks anyways man. Do you know of another site? Something similar to duelingnetwork.com?

Years
  • The fan-made online ways to play that I know of in no way rival DuelingNetwork's scope and conversational functions. There's playtcg.me, which involves putting together a deck-list on bebesearch.com then finding a match partner through either a pre-arranged match or a completely random match, though there's no outside of match chatter, and only the participants in the match can partake in it.

There's also Redshark, but that involves downloading and installing a client and if my memory serves, it doesn't have a built-in chat function, either. Redshark would also require installing Hamachi or a similar program to be able to play against others as well.

Really, the only thing close to DuelingNetwork is the official client at this moment, to my knowledge.

alexithymia

Time Lady
    Years
  • I'm having the same problem... and there doesn't seem to be any information on how to fix it. :( Hope we're able to get online soon!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2013
    I am also having this problem, someone please help me with it. The only thing slightly different is that i see the LOADING for about 2-3 seconds then it disappears and the quartz goes slightly darker. please help me out, i dont know why i won't work. (I am also using mac and using a mac version.)

Back