• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Can someone post some full tilesets

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2018
    I Need full tilesets, with everything, custom or not dosent matter, i just cant find any nice full ones that include everything on devianart that dont have to be aranged and im bad at that

Years
  • Don't wanna to be rude but:
    1. it isn't hard and maybe you didn't even try to download gimp or paint. You can't say to be bad until you spend a little of time on it.
    2. you didn't even search well around, there are plenty of full tilesets, a lot on deviantart and some good posts on Reliccastle (by Aki) on the topic.
    3. you don't have to spam around in the forum.

My suggestion: take one that you like of medium size and learn as soon as possible how to edit it with a proper program. There is no hurry to start mapping if you are going to change the tileset many times. Take your time to learn how to do a simple Copy and Paste with Gimp for example (it's free). It will pay you a lot in the future, trust me.
    And try to search well on deviantart for resources (and remeber to credit everyone involved). The pokèmon community is huge but that doesn't mean that everything and everyone is available. You will have to put a bit of effort and make something on your own

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    There is no such thing as bad at arranging tilesets. You are just lazy. (With all due respect) if you can't do the simplest thing like assemble a tileset then why are you making a game which has a lot more complex things like scripting and eventing.

Years
  • How do you arrange a tileset to fit the 32x32 resolution of RMXP without losing quality?
    Having a very hard time building my own custom tileset with all things blurred due to scaling.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • How do you arrange a tileset to fit the 32x32 resolution of RMXP without losing quality?
    Having a very hard time building my own custom tileset with all things blurred due to scaling.

Open up MS Paint (I use a Windows XP version)
    Select a tile that is 16x16, and press CTRL and "+" on the numpad.
    MS Paint should have doubled the tile in size.

Do this too all tiles you wish to use.
    Make sure your tileset has 8 tiles across, no more, no less.
    And as many as you'd like going down.
    To make transparency, go to a more advance graphic program, my preference is Paint.Net.

Back