• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you put a 32 MB ROM onto a flash cart?

Years
    Yeah, there are some slot 2 flashcards with only 16MB RAM, like the EZ-V 3-in-one, but there are some tricks to run it on those cards as well (flashing to NOR, google it).

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    You can up to 128mb ROMS on your card;)
    it does on my R4:P

---------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm from the netherlands, so please ignore my spelling

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Yeah, there are some slot 2 flashcards with only 16MB RAM, like the EZ-V 3-in-one, but there are some tricks to run it on those cards as well (flashing to NOR, google it).

Well he didn't specify what type of flashcart he uses nor did he specify the type of ROM image.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    I'm planing to put pokemon ROM Images on them, and mabee some zelda. Reason I posted this is because I think Rijjon Adventures is 32MB and I want to put it on.

Eon-Rider

Years
    I'm planing to put pokemon ROM Images on them, and mabee some zelda. Reason I posted this is because I think Rijjon Adventures is 32MB and I want to put it on.

You still aren't being specific. Are you referring to a slot-1 or slot-2 flashcart? Are you talking about GBA ROMs or NDS ROMs?

I don't want to know the game series you want to play/pirate.

Aljam

Years
    Oh, now i see what that reply meant...;0
    well as seeing as I don't have a DS, im talking about GBA ROMs

Eon-Rider

Years
    So you're probably looking into a slot-2 flashcart. Pretty much all slot-2 flashcarts can hold at least 32mb of data as long as your memory card has that much capacity. I don't think memory cards smaller than 64mb even exist. >.>

I recommend you buy a memory card that can hold at least 2 GB of data though.

Aljam

Years
    So you're probably looking into a slot-2 flashcart. Pretty much all slot-2 flashcarts can hold at least 32mb of data as long as your memory card has that much capacity. I don't think memory cards smaller than 64mb even exist. >.>

I recommend you buy a memory card that can hold at least 2 GB of data though.

ok that makes sense. by the memory card you min g=the micro SD right?

btw 64mb cards did exist... back in like 1999 (the dark ages of computers)

Back