• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Can you trade pokemon from ruby version to leafgreen version?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • And to trade you have to get the ruby and sapphire plates and bring them to 1st Island in the POkemon center you will see some guy standing near a big machine and you give him the plates

RUBY LOCATOIN: 1st island cave
    SAPPHIRE'S LOCATION : 5 island team rockets HQ

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Magnezone

Some random trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    and that requires for you to beat the elite four in leafgreen. I don't think there are any requirements for ruby version.

Lapras1016

Water Poképhilic PKMN Master
    Years
  • Beat the Elite Four first and get the National Dex from Prof. Oak (i think you need to have caught at least 100 pokes). Go to one island and talk to Celio, who'll need the Ruby and Sapphire to be able to trade with Lanette. Go to Mt. Ember where the Rockets are and defeat them, then get the Ruby in the cave. Give it to Celio and he'll assign you to get the Sapphire.

Go to Four Island and defeat the Rockets who are harassing Lorelei (i think this is required), after which go to Six Island and get the Sapphire there, in the Dotted Hole, but a scientist steals it and spills you a password to the Rocket Warehouse on Five Island. Go there and defeat him, and he'll surrender it to you. Give the Sapphire to Celio and he'll establish connections with Hoenn, and Lorelei will go back to the Elite Four. Happy trading! :)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Beat the Elite Four first and get the National Dex from Prof. Oak (i think you need to have caught at least 100 pokes).

The requirement in FR/LG is only 60 Pokemon caught in the Pokedex and once you beat the E4, it's avaliable for you to take.

Last edited:

Frugget

Meteor Masher
    Years
  • seen, hah! you wish! no, caught. luckily, it's sixty pokemon, not 100, but trust me, it's still pretty boring. If you wanna make it easier on yourself, collect your pokemon during your adventure before the pokemon league, otherwise if you leave it till later, it's a pain in the neck, and you'll probably spend about a week on a wild goose-chase doing nothing but hunting for 60 different pokemon. then, do all that stuff that lapras1016 said, and your pokemon are up for trading.(catching caterpie and weedle and evolving them is a must, they evolve twice, at level 7 and 10, and that's 4 more pokemon right there.):cool:

Back