• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen can you use pokewalker with Diamond etc game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I have noticed that they have been selling seperate pokewalkers on ebay, I guess people are thinking to use two at once or something?
    I was wondering if you could use the pokewalker diamond ds? I don't know if something special if the soulsilver etc game that allows you to transfer across your pokemon,mind you with the price they are going for you could buy a whole new game and walker!!!

Has anybody put pokemon from diamond or pearl, well any of the other games onto their pokewalker?

Flying Pikachu

Pikachu's Region Webmaster
    Years
  • I have noticed that they have been selling seperate pokewalkers on ebay, I guess people are thinking to use two at once or something?
    I was wondering if you could use the pokewalker diamond ds? I don't know if something special if the soulsilver etc game that allows you to transfer across your pokemon,mind you with the price they are going for you could buy a whole new game and walker!!!

Has anybody put pokemon from diamond or pearl, well any of the other games onto their pokewalker?

No sorry, the pokéwalker is only compatable with heart gold and soul silver at the present time. As on HGSS there is a added menu on the main menu for the pokéwalker but it is not in DPPt as the pokéwalker did not excist. So im sorry to say that the pokéwalker will not work.

Maybe there selling them separate as replacements incase your orignal one broke or if they wanted two pokewalkers, this is maybe the reason for people selling them on eBay.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • In the cartridge of HG/SS there is a special chip or something that interacts with the Pokewalker. And it is because of this that, as stated on pretty much all things to go with HG/SS, the Pokewalker is only for use with HG/SS

Flying Pikachu

Pikachu's Region Webmaster
    Years
  • In the cartridge of HG/SS there is a special chip or something that interacts with the Pokewalker. And it is because of this that, as stated on pretty much all things to go with HG/SS, the Pokewalker is only for use with HG/SS

Oh, yes i also forgot about that. In the top of the game cartridge there is a IR (Infa-Red) Port and also on the top of the pokewalker this is why they have to be align when you connect them because light can only travel in straight lines :) Hope this answered your question

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back