• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Can your level 100 starter beat the E4 by itself?

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    hi im here i see who else can kill the E4 with out using any other pokemon my lvl 100charzard with fireblast, sworddance, strength, and fly and it can defeat the whole elite 4 by it self im one of thos "you only need you staer people"(i dont catch and/or train any other poekmon inless in need them to learn an HM)

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    I usually buy a ton of Max Revives and Full Restore, and bring other Pokemon for EXP Training, and such, but yeah, it can destroy the Elite 4.

My starter was Charizard, btw.

Just something you might want to consider, though, Ahegil:

You might not want to use 2 HM Moves on your Pokemon, as there are better TMs out there. Still, if you like your moveset, and don't really care much for your starter Charizard, then by all means forget this advice.

I really think you should try Blast Burn, though. It's awesome, and you can locate the Move Tutor who teaches it somewhere (I believe) in the 3rd Island you get to from Vermillion City's Boat.

It's hard to say some things, so forgive me for my bad grammar and talk.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I'm sure a single Lv.100 Pokemon could take out the entire Elite Four, probably without healing.
    But you should always have a back-up Pokemon with you just in case your Lv.100 Poke faints or if you run into a Pokemon thats has an advantage against your Pokes type. Better to be safe than sorry.

I agree this method is great for EXP Share training, even in R/S/E when you don't have the VS Seeker.

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    oops sorrt blast burn not fire blast :\ not fualt

eureKa^

Veteran
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    of course it can :P, i think everybodies can i'd say meganium could be an exeption in gold version etc but the elite four are so rubbish its easy, actually in leaf green (the mega good elite four T-T (i use my rayquaza from my sapphire xD)) i cant, because my venusaur sucks :P i wish i'd chosen squirtle or charmander now :P

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    This thread is pointless. The in-game AI is pathetic and the horrible movesets don't make the game any harder. Of course it's easy to beat the elite four when your Pokémon is 30 levels higher than any of their Pokémon. -.-
    a blastoise with surf, ice beam, earthquake, and strength could easily do the job.
    Which just proves how sucky the AI is. ._. Even Pokémon with competitively completely useless movesets can easily rip through any team you'll encounter in-game, which is sad... ._.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    This thread is pointless. The in-game AI is pathetic and the horrible movesets don't make the game any harder. Of course it's easy to beat the elite four when your Pokémon is 30 levels higher than any of their Pokémon. -.-

Which just proves how sucky the AI is. ._. Even Pokémon with competitively completely useless movesets can easily rip through any team you'll encounter in-game, which is sad... ._.

how is a blastoise like that "completely useless"? if he were a kingdra, and were typed half dragon, then surf and ice beam would be perfectly fitting, right? he would then be an overused poke in the world of NetBattle, right? it dawns on me how so many net battlers jump to so many conclusions. i'm not saying that you're wrong though, i just beleive it's unrealistic to think that people are as invested in battling as you may be. i certaintly am not.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    It depends on the starter. But there is no point in doing it to begin with. ,_,

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    how is a blastoise like that "completely useless"? if he were a kingdra, and were typed half dragon, then surf and ice beam would be perfectly fitting, right? he would then be an overused poke in the world of NetBattle, right? it dawns on me how so many net battlers jump to so many conclusions. i'm not saying that you're wrong though, i just beleive it's unrealistic to think that people are as invested in battling as you may be. i certaintly am not.
    I never said Blastoise is competitively useless, it's an awesome UU Pokémon. I was saying your moveset was competitively useless. All out offensive Blastoise is lol and Strenght is even more pathetic. -.- A competitive Blastoise would be more like:

Seismic Toss/Ice Beam/Surf
    Rapid Spin/Counter/Mirror Coat/Surf/Ice Beam/Seismic Toss
    Rest
    Toxic/Yawn/Haze/Roar

I honestly don't know why Blastoise isn't even BL, but then again, Cradily (That just happens to own.) is also an UU. ._.

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    Smarties-kun you are wronge my friend has a team of level 100 pokemon and there have defencive and ofivsive moves but my attack only canterupt will rip trough um like paper for some poeple attack only is go others are no good with def/attc capable teams its just not there style and even the most useless seeming pokemon can be one of he hardest the kill.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Smarties-kun you are wronge my friend has a team of level 100 pokemon and there have defencive and ofivsive moves but my attack only canterupt will rip trough um like paper for some poeple attack only is go others are no good with def/attc capable teams its just not there style and even the most useless seeming pokemon can be one of he hardest the kill.
    It isn't about the moves, it's about what Pokémon has the moves. <.< Of course, let's say, a Smeargle with Rapid Spin, Rest, Earthquake and Rock Slide/Counter/whatever won't do anything to anything, but a Donphan with the same moves rocks my (And your) socks. And the fact that an abysmally slow Pokémon like Camerupt can rip through a whole team is a clear sign that your friend knows absolutely nothing about what he/she is doing. ._. And if a team doesn't have anything capable of walling a Camerupt, it really needs some better walls. I have been battling competitively for over a year now, and unlike you, I at least have some idea of what I'm talking about and can easily tell if someone is better than me, which you obviously can't.

Competitive battling isn't about whether or not all out offense or all out defense suits you, it's about having a balanced team with both Pokémon that can take heavy damage and Pokémon that can deal heavy damage. Now have a nice day.

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    it has nothing to do with the pokemon dunsparce is a kick ass pokemon

Years
    I had my level 96 Meganium do it before. I was trying to raise it and what better way then the Elite 4. There were only a few uses of hyper potions too.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Nope, sorry, wrong answer. Dunsparce sucks.

Good day.

(BTW - Dunsparce's base stats can't support nothing anything)
    Dunsparce does not suck! >O Body Slam with a 60% parahax chance and Headbutt/Rock Slide with an equally high chance of flinching > you. ._. Besides, its Defense and Attack stats are both average, which combined with Serene Gracehax and an awesome base HP of 100, makes it a decent physical attacker that LOLs at some of the weaker physical sweepers with the help of Counter. My Dunsparce in NB even owned a standard Mewtwo, which proves that Dunsparce > you. >: And no, I'm not saying flinchhaxing is a very strategic way of fighting, but that's what my opponents have switching + a strong sweeper that can own Dunsparce for.

I'm LOLing at your grammar mistakes, by the way. =P

Last edited:
    Back