• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Can your level 100 starter beat the E4 by itself?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    To this end, I did a solo LG game with just Charmander, ended up with a L83 Charizard swamping the E4 reasonably easily. Doesn't even need to get to L100, as long as you have reasonable stats and attacks.

Lapras1016

Water Poképhilic PKMN Master
    Years
    I, personally like to use my team. But if I tried, I'm sure I can beat the Elite Four single-handedly.

In Crystal I once used a LV100 Blissey against the Elite Four, which didn't work, as it was terribly weak then.

I haven't tried yet, since I never have had a Starter to reach even Level 70. I'll try to use my Sceptile with Miracle Seed, the Modest Nature, the attacks Attract, Double Team, Dragon Claw, and Giga Drain/Leaf Blade, and 252 Sp. Atk. EVs, 6 Sp. Def. EVs, and 252 Speed EVs. That's for Emerald.

For FireRed, I will try to use my Charizard. It doesn't have specified EVs, but it does have Fly (forgive me, I like to use it), Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, and Earthquake. Currently it's in its 60's. XD

Last edited:

Lupin

Keeper of Water
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    I can hardly reach level 100 by the time I battle the E4 for the first time. I had to use the three legendary birds I get to aid my battle. No sense using only one hardcore Pokemon without a vast array of moves to boot.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    It is possible without items as well as long as you have some killer moves. In Pokemon Silver I managed to beat them with my Level 100 Mewtwo. I know it had Psychic, Recover and Zap-Cannon, and I think its other move was something really stupid like Blizzard.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    TOO EASY TO ANSWER!!! i can use my level 100 Groudon I can use my level 100 Swampert i can use my level 100's Regirock Regice Registeel.

nguyende

Student
    Years
    The first time I made it to the Elite Four on emerald version I had a LV. 78 Swampert and LV. 70 Shiny Rayquaza and I was able to beat them like that (I had a few other pkmn with me, but they were LV. 30 and below). Now I have a LV. 100 Swampert and LV. 78 Shiny Rayquaza. My Swampert (Muddy Water, Dynamic Punch, Ice Beam, Earthquake) can defeat the Elite Four on his own now, but I don't know if my Rayquaza can, I haven't tried with him.

Back