• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Canker Sores

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
  • We all get them, and they hurt oh so much. So my what I wanna know, how do you deal with them? And how bad do you get them?

I recently got my wisdom teeth pulled last Tuesday, and two day later I got 4 canker sores on the inside of my bottom lip. It is extremely painful and very frustrating. I've rinsed my mouth with salt water, taken L-Lysine, used Orajel, and Kanka. None work for me, but others tell me they've worked wonders for them. What about you guys?

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
  • Have you tried listerine? That's helped me before. I'd also recommend baking soda + water. If you mix it into a paste, and apply it to the sore, I hear that works pretty well. You can also try rinsing your mouth out with it as well (add more water in this case, don't make it like a paste.)

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I used to get them all the time when I first had braces. >_<; I just sucked on ice cubes, which has already been suggested. XD Dunno if you have Bonjela over there, but I found that helped too. :3

Ayselipera

I get them when ever I eat a lot of sugar or citrus fruits. We have some canker sore medicine in the house which always does the trick.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Ugh, I hate canker sores/mouth ulcers. >_<; I generally just let them heal on their own and try not to irritate them.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • I get them all the time because of my braces. They used to be horrible back when I first got them. Normally, I use Ora-gel the Orthodontist gives to us for free to get rid of them

Back