• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

can't see profile page(s) :/

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Well, this has been causing me to go all freakish over my computer the whole day.
    I can't seem to have acces to my profile page somehow. Or I can't see other member's profile pages. Every time I click on 'My Notifications' or simply on a member's name, the only thing I get is this very long loading & eventually an 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.' thing.
    It's very weird because the forums itself does seem to work properly & I still can make posts and start new threads.

I've been wondering if someone else has this problem, and if by any meaning this can be solved or maybe what the cause of this problem is, since it is very, very annoying.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Im having the same problem too! I wanna edit my profile and It wont let me! Even on my Wii it doesn't let me. Either they are like fixing Profile Pages or our computers hate us...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Is it still doing it? Because I viewed my profile and the profile of other members in both IE and FireFox and it loads on both.
    Sometimes PC gets laggy, has a Database error, and so on. That "might" be what's happening to all of you.
    And is it just for profiles, or is it all over PC?

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Is it still doing it? Because I viewed my profile and the profile of other members in both IE and FireFox and it loads on both.
    Sometimes PC gets laggy, has a Database error, and so on. That "might" be what's happening to all of you.
    And is it just for profiles, or is it all over PC?

Yes, I just tried again to load my page and it still doesn't work. :/
    Well, for me it's only for profiles, but I just saw that thread about pokefan32 here, so I'm assuming there are other members with problems .. .__.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Ok, then lets try clearing your Cashe.
    FireFox: Tools > Options > Privacy > Under "Private Data" click "Settings". Uncheck everything but "Cashe" and then click ok, and then click "Clear now". Restart FF and see if that works.

IE: Tools > Internet Options > General > And it's under "Browsing History". My prob here is, if you click delete you'll also be deleting all your cookies (as in if you have your password saved on sites it'll delete them, and it'll also log you out of every site you're logged into. And I'm not even sure if I know of a way to delete just Cashe for IE.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Ok, then lets try clearing your Cashe.
    FireFox: Tools > Options > Privacy > Under "Private Data" click "Settings". Uncheck everything but "Cashe" and then click ok, and then click "Clear now". Restart FF and see if that works.

IE: Tools > Internet Options > General > And it's under "Browsing History". My prob here is, if you click delete you'll also be deleting all your cookies (as in if you have your password saved on sites it'll delete them, and it'll also log you out of every site you're logged into. And I'm not even sure if I know of a way to delete just Cashe for IE.

I have the bad luck using IE. T-T
    Ahwell, I might aswell just try it out. I don't save my passwords on sites, so that's no problem.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Ok, seeing how that didn't work I'm pretty much out of ideas (if pokefan did in fact clear cookies as well as cashe then I don't think it's a browser prob).

Ok, click the two links below and see if both gives the error.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=31
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=3315

Also could you take a screenshot of the error you're getting?
    And do any of you have both IE and FireFox? If so then have you tried it in both browsers?
    (As you can see I'm throwing out everything I know, likely getting nowhere with it XD)

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    Ok, seeing how that didn't work I'm pretty much out of ideas (if pokefan did in fact clear cookies as well as cashe then I don't think it's a browser prob).

And do any of you have both IE and FireFox? If so then have you tried it in both browsers?
    (As you can see I'm throwing out everything I know, likely getting nowhere with it XD)

Profile pages aren't working for me either. Tried in Opera, Firefox and IE to no avail. I even tried resetting my DSL connection, too.

Weird how the rest of PC works fine, though!

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
    Yep Yep, Same here. I've tried IE and Mozilla but It still isn't workin' Everytime I go on a members profile.. It loads and loads and never stops loading. I wish someone could fix this :S

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Just throwing this out there, incase it helps;

It's been doing this to me for a day or two. At first, I thought it was just PC acting up again, but it didn't end. And it's only for profile pages.

It doesn't work on my computer, my laptop or my mom's laptop. Working on some screenshots now, be up in a few minutes.

EDIT: Further information: My home computer and my laptop use FireFox, and it didn't work on that. My mom's computer uses IE, and it doesn't work on that either. It just tried it on FireFox though, and it still didn't work. So it's obviously not a browser related issue, seeing as different computers using both browsers can't see the pages.

Anyway, here's the screenshots:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=31:
    Spoiler:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=3315:
    Spoiler:

I think they're the same error code or whatever... o.O

Last edited:

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    I cleared all my rowsing history, cookies, etc, and it worked... but it also changed the skin. Whatever, no biggie. I set it back to forever standing (simplicity ftw) and it wouldn't work again. Raikazu and .t R U T H, what skin are you using? Same with everyone else, what skin are you using to browse the forum? Try changing it, and see what happens.

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
    Happening to me too...
    I thought it was just my computer at first but now i know it can't be just me! I'm not crazy after all!!

Nevermind, guys... .freak was right! Changing the skin allows you to view the profiles again! Big thanks ^_^

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years

I cleared everything and still didn't work and I have IE and it says:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

• <LI id=causeNotConnected>You are not connected to the Internet. <LI id=causeSiteProblem>The website is encountering problems.
    • There might be a typing error in the address.
    What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

can't see profile page(s) :/ More information

Thats what it shows

EDIT: I clicked on both links it said:

Fatal Error: Out of memory

or something like that

Last edited:

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    I don't know why it was doing that just because of the skin.

I cleared everything and still didn't work and I have IE and it says:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

• <LI id=causeNotConnected>You are not connected to the Internet. <LI id=causeSiteProblem>The website is encountering problems.
    • There might be a typing error in the address.
    What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

can't see profile page(s) :/ More information

Thats what it shows

Change the skin from Forever Standing to anything else. That's how we've been solving it.

Last edited:
    Back