• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Can't Stop Loving You

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2013
    Why and how did you fall in love with these games?
    My older brother bought Blue and Gold, which are still in great condition, but I didn't understand his obsession with Pokemon. Then he got Sapphire, which I was NOT allowed to play as I tended to erase his save data XD I admit I was a bit jealous, so I got Emerald for my 7th birthday and was blown away. I got my Treecko and set off on my quest. My team slowly grew and I grew alongside them, discovering fossils, caves, hidden items, talking to people and battling trainers. I then fought against Teams Aqua and Magma, stopped Max and Archie and halted the battle between Kyogre and Groudon.
    But the moment I set eyes on that glistening green cartridge, I was hooked.

Did you gradually come to like them or were you all over them from the start?
    I loved it from the moment I got my Treecko- I played all the time; in the car, on airplanes, on walks and in my secretive Pokemon chamber (or bedroom XD)

Do you still adore them? Play them? Even so many years later?
    I still play Emerald often, after so many years, but then I got Diamond. Sinnoh was fun, but it could never replace Hoenn...

Do you like them more or less now than you first did?
    I am sad to say that I like them a bit less now, because of Diamond and hacks mainly, but Diamond extended the experience, allowing me to bring my teams to the next generation.

What are the bits that really stand out?
    The Regi chambers, Sky Pillar, the Terra & Marine Caves, getting a Castform, evolving my Vibrava into a beastly Flygon, defeating the Elite Four with only Kyogre - using Struggle!
    What makes them special to you?
    The terrain is so diverse and I loved every Pokemon, except the ugly little Whismur + Electrike families. I feel that Sinnoh attempted to be as diverse as Hoenn- Snowpoint City, Mt. Stark, the Battle Zone, Eterna Forest etc.- but never succeeded. Hoenn is my favourite region, so I only play Gen. 3 hacks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    Hoenn has been my favourite region ever since I got Emerald 6 years ago. I wasn't that at all affectionate towards Hoenn at that time, and I grew to like it as time passes. Everything in it was awesome, the plot, characters, and the Pokemon. Not to mention the Battle Frontier. It was a massive change over the last Pokemon game I played at that time (Gold). I've had a lot of memories etched in stone.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Man, i love everything about hoenn. Here's my story:

4 years ago in my country pokemon indigo (internet game) was very popular. I played it alot and became a ace.
    One day i went to a battle room (dont remember how it was called) named "pokemon ruby 4ever" i decided to google and i found out that it was a gba game so i decided to emulate it on my pc. i dont remember how far i have progressed in the game but i do remember i had given up because my pc was very sloooooooooooooww.

Half year ago i decided to sell my psp. but my friend told me that there is a lot of emulators of older consoles available on psp. I decided to give it a shot. I downloaded Gpsp with all pokemon versions available on it and a couple of other games.

I started with ruby. Litleroot music felt so... uhm.. nostalgic and i didn't know why. i progressed till e4 and cheated to win them. It was so... kinda... boring. I thought i hate ruby. Then i started FR. I beat the game with no cheats and i thought:
    Wow this is da best game ever. Too bad it was so short....

Then i started emerald, i heard it was much better than RS. The font and graphics seemed a lot better. The feel of this game was just amazing. when i reached LILYCOVE I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. Ahh the sweet music. The sea city. Ahh the city of my dreams. after i beat e4 i head to the battle frontier and won all the symbols ( i remember when i reached brendon with my horrible team and he beat the **** out of me. I felt crushed. even with savestate on my emulator i could'nt beat him. i didn't sleep that night. I never imagined NPC can have a legendary pokemon.)

But that's not all. one day on my usual route from lilycove to berry master house (i liked to go through mt pyre better than mauville city) i thought using repel when i approached first pitch of grass but i didnt use it because i loved mightyenas and wanted to get a shiny so i decided to use repel only near water.

Then it appeared. A mightyena (not shiny) i ofcourse beat the crap of it and moved on) on my two second steps i encountered a...

You guys are not gonna believe me.

My favourite pokemon latias. i was like omgwtf and instantly threw masterball. I knew about roaming pokemon. I couldn't believe it. I really saw it. Near my favourite city lilycove.I never actually encountered a roaming pokemon. (i still didn't encounter a shiny pokemon).

You can't even imagine how happy i was. later i solved regi mystery by decrypting letters from sentence: first comes wailord last comes relicanth i saw on internet.

I was playing as brendan but may is my favourite character of all. i decided to start a new game cuz i was using save state of my emulator to win the game, making it too easy for me. i started a new game as may and reached lilycove now but my battery died. so when i will get a new battery i will resume my journey.

Sweet memories of hoenn. and mostly lilycove ( i think i will name my daughter lilycove, no, srsly)

So here am i, listening to lilycove music remix portraying myself with my latias. Having what some of you guys call "nostalgia boner" ahh... Sweet hoenn...

P.S. sorry for very long text i hope you enjoyed it and if i made any grammar mistakes- sorry i'm 14 years old and english is not my native language

Have a good day

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
    Years
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I like Hoenn, but I have to be honest, I feel that I'll always be a Johto girl (despite not having seen the Unova nor Sinnoh regions yet). The radio tower, red gyrados, bug catching competition, the introduction of colour, apricorns that turn into Pokeballs, a free Dratini... what's not to love? And I hear that it gets better in HeartGold/SoulSilver (again, can't wait for my copies of these games to come in the post!). I never got into contests and some of the weather status changes have turned out to be more of a hindrance than a help. I liked the game but I felt non-plussed by Hoenn.

Kanto though... I kinda like it for the nostalgia value, and to the same degree I like Hoenn.

As for Orre though, I liked that region a bit more given some of the more... interesting locales, like the Under and Deep. I'm kinda looking forward to getting a Wii and a copy of XD so I can see how Orre has changed. ^_^

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back