• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • 220px-Captain_America_The_Winter_Soldier.jpg

Are you excited for the upcoming Marvel flick? Taking place after Steven Rogers was frozen and thawed out 60 years after World War 2. And following the war against earth incited by Loki, the God of Mischief, Captain America takes on brand news problems and a grave new threat.

Years
  • I saw the trailer yesterday and it looked amazing. I really like the motif of Cap having issues with how SHIELD 'protects' America, you can draw a lot comparisons to the current political atmosphere here. Love it.

And MMMMMMM MMMM MMMM Scarjo.

Years
  • I hated the first one. Admittedly, this looks much better.

Agreed about the social commentary that appears to be contained within.

Years
  • His hair is different. :/ I liked his old hair.

From the trailer this looks like it was G. I. Joe movie (or whatever modern summer military action movie you care to name) that they rewrote with Captain America instead. I dunno. It's the same writers for the upcoming Thor movie and that one has me excited so I should be excited by this one, but, I dunno. I'm just a little thrown off that it's not looking at all like the other Captain America film.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The trailer looks fantastic and I'm really excited about the movie. I just wish they had shown Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter in the trailer. Unless they're hiding something about her character that isn't meant to be revealed until we see the movie.

I just need more Emily VanCamp. Love her in Revenge.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Here's the trailer if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

I think it looks amazing, which is about the end of it. I loved the first Captain America movie, and this seems like a pretty well-done sequel. Looks like there could even be a third one, but I'd be jumping the gun to make that assumption already, ha. I really love the street action scenes and the action above the city reminds me of one of the Transformers movies... Revenge of the Fallen? in which they're fighting in New York City and the robotic snake dragon thing tears through the buildings. That whole scene was pretty attention-grabbing. :P

dlanijer

Dual Wielding
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    I, personally, cannot WAIT for this! I went back to watch The First Avenger and The Avengers all over again for the last couple of days.. and it kinda disappointed me that the focus (I felt) was on Iron Man as lead. That's just personal opinion though.

The Winter Soldier trailer was all sorts of awesome! The elevator fight scene.. curb stomp shield to arm combo.. yeah can't get that out of my head! :D And the Winter Soldier himself looks awesome.. nice catch at the end too LOL

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Yeah i think Captain america will be a really great game Winter soilder the game is gonna hit and i didn't liked the Last Captain america Movie though it doesn't has too much action but Man of steel was a really great movie.

Oragtto

Cloud King
    Years
  • I'm excited as well for this movie. Though it might be one of those movies I say "yeah I'm totally gonna watch this " but end up not seeing it.

Back