• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Card Captor Sakura

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    I wish they still played it in the US. Cardcaptor Sakura was awesome! Not the dubbed diced and sliced version, but the authentic Japanese stuff. The US did an awful job with it, getting rid of the first eight episodes...cutting out some of the relationship stuff...gah! Sorry about the venting! Any other CCS fans out there??

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I didn't mind the American version (the only version I've ever seen.) It got better in season 2 with Ua and that villain guy who's name I forgot...WB obviously butchered it because I saw a lot of potential for that show to be good if they would have just dubbed it right. Overall it was better than most stuff on the WB at the time it was on...did they make more episodes in Japan even after they cancelled it here in america? I've always wondered if there was anything beyond the second season...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    there was a movie that closed up the anime and thats it but there is a alternate universe called tsubasa the manga of it comes out in a few days....i liked it the american version was okay...dont know why people grip so much the voices change...big deal! I have both version's and i think they are both good.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    blue said:
    there was a movie that closed up the anime and thats it but there is a alternate universe called tsubasa the manga of it comes out in a few days....i liked it the american version was okay...dont know why people grip so much the voices change...big deal! I have both version's and i think they are both good.
    It's not just the voice changes people are annoyed about. In Tomoyo/Madison's case, not only did they drastically change her voice, but they completely changed her character. Now, don't get me wrong, I dont' *hate* the dub. Heck, it inspired me to pick up the Japanese version... and I'd never have gotten into subtitled anime if not for that. XP But it does pale in comparison to the original if you ask me.

X3 I love Cardcaptor Sakura. Although I've only seen about 30 episodes and the movies subbed, it's still really good. *doesn't have the money to get the rest of the series and sorta lost interest, though* ._.;

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    ya manga is better....and i dont like all thoese poeple who grip to munch about the dubbing

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Yep Yep...two seasons total, and a movie to wrap up each season. The Japanese version rocks...and so does the manga!

Cherrim

Years
    Actually, there were technically three seasons, if I'm not mistaken... two for the first half of the series and then the third season consisted of Sakura changing the cards to Sakura/Star cards. XP

Kimi88

enchanted w.i.t.c.h.
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2007
    sakura is my favorite so is tomoyo! who has a favorite card? i like all of them!^_^

Cherrim

Years
    I think my favourite card would have to be Dash... it's so cute. X3 I like the one's that look chibified too, though. Like Rain and Cloud. ^_^

And Fly is pretty nifty, too. :3

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    blue said:
    there was a movie that closed up the anime and thats it but there is a alternate universe called tsubasa the manga of it comes out in a few days....
    i like CCS it was pretty cool im still waiting for my friend to give back the cd i lent him with movie 2...
    that manga...do u refer to Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE???
    many of the CCS sites that i used to have are now down which i dont like

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    There were wood and water cards, weren't there? I think those were my favorites...I don't remember what a lot of the cards looked like...it's been so long since it was on...

Cherrim

Years
    digispirit virus said:
    i like CCS it was pretty cool im still waiting for my friend to give back the cd i lent him with movie 2...
    that manga...do u refer to Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE???
    many of the CCS sites that i used to have are now down which i dont like
    Yeah, there aren't many left, sadly. I really miss the big ones that were out there, but most especially cardcaptors.net or whatever its URL was. ._.;; I found that the CCS sites always had the greatest and most original layouts. XD

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    ya...i use kawaii sakura shrine
    if u noticed, a lot of the ccs sites used hikarii.net...just wondering if any of u noticed that...

Back