• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Card Price

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I have a 1999 Kabutops card. Do older cards have some value? The card itself has perfect corners and no whitening at all. Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• Card Price
      4A783D15-B99C-447B-A7A2-2490A9690056.jpeg
      665.9 KB · Views: 8

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Being older doesn't necessarily make a card more valuable, as Pokémon cards were widely collected. There are modern cards that are just as valuable or even more valuable than many older cards, but there are some exceptions (mainly cards with limited print runs, like 1st edition Shadowless holos, and Japanese-exclusive "trophy cards"). (Basically cards that even older collectors are less likely to have.)

This one's been going for about $12 ungraded.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Thank you. I think I just like the older cards since I'm 31 and they were out when I was younger. It reminds me of my childhood.

Back