• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

card sketches

Ethan621

Wait, what?
Years
A sketch sheet for my fake set. Machop and scyther will probably be used. Shelder was for Blennix's set. Go check it out. Btw, the crappy shelder in the top left should be ignored.

scythther-machop-shellder-pidgey.png

L

Vocaloid fan
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2020
Hehe, I like the sketch of the Pidgeotto attacking the Weedle. =D The Scyther looks awesome as well.

Ethan621

Wait, what?
Years
I don't think the Shellder on the left looks crappy.
I think the Machop looks VERY cool.

Haha, Bruce Lee goodness.:rambo:

Hehe, I like the sketch of the Pidgeotto attacking the Weedle. =D The Scyther looks awesome as well.

I thought the idea for the shot was a stroke of brilliance on my part, but i didn't draw it very well. As evidence, it's supposed to be a Pidgey, not Pidgeotto.:laugh:

L

Vocaloid fan
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2020
Oh geez, I'm sorry. I thought it was a Pidgeotto because of the way the tuft of hair on its head was drawn. The more I look at it, the more it seems to resemble a Pidgey. A Pidgeotto would never be that small. ^^; Still, that little doodle is so comical. Man, that little Weedle better run for its life. o_o

Regarding the second Shellder, I love the way you positioned it! The perspective is very well done.

Ethan621

Wait, what?
Years
Even more!!

Got some more forr ya, lots more.
snorlaxweedledratini.jpg

Snorlax and Weedle will be used, Dratini is harder than he looks :knockedou

machokechampkakuna.jpg

Kicking a$$ and taking names! Hoowah!

beedrillbulbaivy.jpg

Poison types, anyone?

scizor.jpg

Started trying to do something different. More cartoony-ish.

dragonite.jpg

Haha, I call it Disney Dragonite!

charizard.jpg

CHARIZARD! This one will be used, no doubt. It's so different. I love it!

L

Vocaloid fan
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2020
Another wonderful set of sketches. The Machamp looks great! The hands are well drawn. I also like your interpretation of Charizard. Very interesting. :)

Ethan621

Wait, what?
Years
You do great on the Machop chain. Keep it up.
That comes from years of drawing superheroes. Muscles are easy now.

Another wonderful set of sketches. The Machamp looks great! The hands are well drawn. I also like your interpretation of Charizard. Very interesting.
Heehee. It was mostly out of necessity, since I can't draw Charizard very well. I figured I'd just say "to hell with it" and make it purposefully crazy.

You two are great, thanks for the positive feedback.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2007
Now see? That Machoke/Machamp face is wonderful, why can't you do that with people?

But in all reality..the Scizor, Weedle, Pidgey, Machamp, Machoke, Sycther, Shellder, and Bulbasaur all look good enough to use in Cards for sure.

Beedrill and Ivysaur, and Machop, are kind of teeter on the edge there..

I'm not a big fan of Charizard, however. It seems like its so far out there that, if I wasn't told what it was, I wouldn't get the image right away..which makes me think its too "out there"...too much mythological dragon, not enough pokemon.

Back