• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CardCaptors

Ashs_grrl

Banned
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2005
    Anyone like it? i do its my favorite Manga and it was also my first too i like Sakura!

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    ^ I used to watch Card Captors on Sky until they stopped showing it, Sakura was cool, the way she would capture theos cards, just thinking of it makes me want to watch the show again. My fav. was Kiro, he was so funny XD

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    Yeah, Kero was awesome, except I stopped watching it a while, then he was a tiger...that's when i got lost, lol.

Ashs_grrl

Banned
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2005
    cool they had it on tv? lol i have one of the Sakura books but its book 4

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Mrr.... Cardcaptor Sakura was my first subtitled anime. <3 (Even if I didn't finish it. o.o) I have a couple of the DVD volumes (like... 4, I think) and I've got the first volume of the (flipped) manga. =o It's really cute, and it was my favourite anime for the longest time... :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    Cardcaptor Sakura is one of my favorite animes! Kero and Suppi are so cute. I have one of the mangas, a dubbed DVD, and I just got an undubbed DVD *is excited*. I wish they still aired it, though.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well last time I watched it was when they aired
    "the sealed card" on TV. After that, I haven't seen
    it at all. I used to watch it alot though.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    I just bought Vol 1 - 3 of the Manga! Its my favorite show ever!!!! Go CCS! I ant wait till the plane to florida so i can read em! Also, Tsubasa, another manga which Sakura kinda stars in, its great!

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    i saw it a few time and i loved it! unforchanetlly(sp?) it doesnt come on any more. that and i really dont remember that much... i want the manga though!

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    CCS has to be my all time favorite anime/manga. It has so much depth to it, and all ages can read and appreciate it. I really love CLAMP's style too...their art is always very beautiful...sometimes a bit too pink, but that's okay! ^^

My favorite character would have to be Syaroan-kun. I love all the characters though...it's hard to pick favorites.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Porygon said:
    Yay! Kero! Go Kero! Lol. I watch Cardcaptors on Teletoon all the time. Sometimes 3 times in a day. Maylin is a brat? cute, but a brat XD

Aw...Melin is not a brat...she is one of the deepest and most complex characters in the whole anime. (She isn't in the manga at all.) I think that she is so brave to be able to drop Syaroan when she finds out he loves Sakura, and she's really supportive of the both of them when she realizes it.

I mean...you can't tell me you wouldn't be worried or jealous is someone was trying to take away someone you loved very much. Melin has to be one of my favorite characters, because she grows and changes more than anyone else in the show.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Teletoon might have finished the episodes before KidsWB did, actually. o_O It just repeats them over and over again. And I like how Teletoon tries to do the anime as much justice as it can by running them in the same order as the Japanese... even if it doesn't make sense sometimes since that's not the way they were made to be broadcasted in North America. x_X;

;_; I want to get my hands on the French Teletoon station... since the French CCS is virtually untouched and it'd be a lot cheaper than having to buy all the DVDs. (Plus, I could practise my French at the same time. XD)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    u no, they should redubb the entire series in the right order...um...just change the VAs *shiver* Kill Nelvana(assassinate would be givin em 2 much credit), dont cut S+S, put in a tomoyo VA that can actually sing, dont make em sound that old, ...u no wht the dubs for this will NEVER outmatch the subs

Marik4me

Lover of Ishtar siblings
    Years
    Yeah, you're right. But it probably depends a lot on what one's used to. I've always watched CCS in Japanese and that's what I love. On the other hand, I'm used to the YGO English cast and it's hard to get used to the Japanese voice actors. I like much of the Japanese plot line better, but I prefer the English voices. So I'm very excited for the bilingual YGO DVD's coming out this fall in which the dub voice actors will re-record the episodes to follow the Japanese script! ^__^

Back to CCS, I do not like Tomoyo's dub voice. o.o I do like Li's, though I'm not so sure about Sakura's or Kero's.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    plz dont remind me...even the dub name crashes the entire personalityoh BTW Yami no Bakura's Jpnese VA rocks(God! he's just way too calm XD)

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Marik4me said:
    Yeah, you're right. But it probably depends a lot on what one's used to. I've always watched CCS in Japanese and that's what I love. On the other hand, I'm used to the YGO English cast and it's hard to get used to the Japanese voice actors. I like much of the Japanese plot line better, but I prefer the English voices. So I'm very excited for the bilingual YGO DVD's coming out this fall in which the dub voice actors will re-record the episodes to follow the Japanese script! ^__^

Back to CCS, I do not like Tomoyo's dub voice. o.o I do like Li's, though I'm not so sure about Sakura's or Kero's.

Good call on the VA opinions. I personally think that the US VA for Syaroan was the closest they had. The rest were SO off. Pioneer did a nice job dubbing the second movie though. The voices were much closer, though I found Tomoyo's was lacking...they definitely didn't get the right feeling in her voice...

I personally prefer the Japanese VAs, simply because it's the original, and is the most accurate to the storyline for that reason. I wish I knew Japanese well though....subtitles are annoying...

Back