• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CardCaptors

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Yeah. CLAMP is still one of my all-time favourites. CCS was very well done (manga) IMO, tho I thought it was probably a little shorter than expected. Then again, Chobits was even shorter. And did they even try to finish XXXholic? lol

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Nah, CCS is my Favourite Anime and one of the Best Manga I ever read!
    Im sad they aint on Brazil anymore -.-;;
    But I still have my collection! =D

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    as long as the VAs aren't screwed up, then it'd be fine...sadly tho, just about all the good CCS websites are gone :(

Years
    Card Captor Sakura ish awesome! XD its my fav. of everything Clamp has done. all the good CCS sites are gone, but there are a few still there but they dont really update..-__-;
    It'd be so cool if they made a sequel! er..another sequel! i dont like Tsubasa that much 0.0

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    wht are u talkin about KSS is great it updates often and great info :P

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    fine...it stands for kawaii sakura shrine...one of the more active websites open
    *luvin CCS movie 2*

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    I'd better finish CCS first before Tsubasa. lol

Anyway, my fav. from Clamp right now is still XXXholic. I want to see mroe than just Volume 1 and 2...-_-

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    dont worry tsubasa #2 in english wont com til august(i dunno when XD) besides...they're 1 year bhind

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    How much of the tsubasa manga have you read? it dosent really get all that good untill volume 4 or 5. Now since it's at volume 6 and it usally takes a manga 12 volumes before its animated we should get it animated soon enough.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Kenny_C.002 said:
    I'd better finish CCS first before Tsubasa. lol

Anyway, my fav. from Clamp right now is still XXXholic. I want to see mroe than just Volume 1 and 2...-_-
    Mrr... it really doesn't matter, you know. It's an alternate universe, so you don't really have to know CCS for it to make sense. Plus, it goes hand in hand with XXXholic, so you're better off reading the two series simultaneously. ^_^; They cross and overlap quite a bit, to my knowledge, so it makes it more interesting. :3

I've only read the first volume of Tsubasa and XXXholic, though. ;_; It's took expensive for me to buy, so I mooch off my friend who has money to buy this stuff... and I won't see him 'till school starts again in September. XD;

Years
    i guess manga is expensive 0.0 i have to buy em for ten bucks.. luckily my uncle likes going to borders and has got me some for free! : p
    how many seasons of CCS are there? two or three?

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    technacally 3 but i'd classify it into 2 seasons
    sealing the cards, and changing the cards
    anywho, the 1st ends at sealing of Firey and the second ends after the jujment(special ending ^_^) and the 3rd ends at 70(1 epi after Syaoran reveals his crush on sakura :P)(and another special ending ^_^)

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Bleh, I loved the dub when it was out, then I found out how different it was from the original. xD;;

I got downloading the show and watching it on my To-Do list... so yeah. I also got the manga to finish reading. XP

...ph34r the icky dub. >.<

Pichu2

Deep in my Pikachu!
    Years
    It's difference when you compare the end of the manga and the of the anime. Syaoran has to go back in China in the anime. In the manga, kind of... but he had to do something and when Sakura told her feeling, it's the end, he stayed in Japan. Compare in the anime, he left...

Sorry to tell the end of the manga!

@ digispirit virus > It's not only KSS the only good site. There's other!
    Like:
    - Diamond Tears
    - Faint Star
    - CardCaptor Studio
    - Izzy's CardCaptor
    - Sakura Caf?
    - CardCaptor Syaoran & Sakura.

KSS, for me, it's the best information site.

Pichu2

Deep in my Pikachu!
    Years
    well you know it's always replay the episode... so you could watch over and over. "A Strange Intermission" it's in the second season. So it's in the middle... CardCaptors has less episodes than CardCaptor Sakura.

Cuts

1. The original Cardcaptor Sakura series has 70 episodes. Nelvana began cutting and merging episodes until Cardcaptors finally aired 39 episodes in America. The first episode of Cardcaptors didn't even begin on track - The equivalent of Cardcaptor Sakura was episode 8. However, Nelvana was going to originally air 19 episodes - those with the most action.

2. In the original Cardcaptor Sakura series, there are 52 cards that are revealed, though this number can be debated. Due to all the cuts, about 29 cards were captured. In the 3rd season when Sakura had to use or transform all her cards, some just appeared out of nowhere.

3. Meiling and Syaoran were both cousins and fiances in the Japanese version. In the English version, all blood bonds have been erased and Meiling is simply an 'overprotective girlfriend' to Syaoran.

4. There is no hints of a romantic relationship between Touya and Yukito, Sakura and Tomoyo, Chiharu and Terada-sensei, and Syaoran and Yukito in Cardcaptors.

5. Sakura and Syaoran!! This cut angers me the most as I find no reason why it had been cut out in the English version! Attempted confessions on Syaoran's part were either cut out or written over and blushes from Syaoran were erased. The final confession at the end was CUT. While they did air the scene at the airport, the card that was created by Sakura's tear was not Love, but Hope! Hope was the card created in the 2nd movie!
    from Diamond-Tears

That's only the dub part. There's still a lot of CC!

Back