• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cartoon Network.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Here you can-appropiately-say whatever you think about this channel. Yes, Cartoon Network. The channel that USED to be the best place for cartooons. The channel that seems to only care about money now. The channel that I still occasionly watch because I know it used to be awesome.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I agree, the channel has gone downhill. It could just be because we're getting old (seriously), but there's been a real degeneration in most media these days (films, video games, music, TV, etc).

And here's a few questions I'd like to ask CN:
    1. Where's CNX/Toonami and all of its cool Anime shows?
    2. WTF happened to all of the old Hanna Barbera cartoons you used to air on Boomerang (Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Dick Dastardly, etc)? The only old toons we see now are Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry.
    3. Would it kill you to bring back the likes of the Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab and Courage the Cowardly Dog?
    and 4. Am I the only one who wants to see the end of Ed, Edd and Eddy? I've liked the first series, but now it's really gone off the wall for me.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    yeah, i think Cartoon Network has gone downhill, just seems pathetic.

if they ever get rid of Ed Edd n Eddy, i would never ever watch CN or anything related again.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    Personally, I can't stand CN. The only things I watch on there are Ed(dd[y]), and Fosters. There's nothing good on Adult Swim, nor is there anything good on during the day (Chowder? eww.).

if they ever get rid of Ed Edd n Eddy, i would never ever watch CN or anything related again.

agreed.

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
    yeah, i think Cartoon Network has gone downhill, just seems pathetic.

Uhhh...Sorry to burst your bubble but they had a edd ed and eddy final episode already.They made this huge thing about it.You know all I like to watch on cartoonnetwork was toonami and adult swim.the rest of the cartoons are abnoxious.But since toonami is gone I hardly ever watch cartoonnetwork.

Years
    I don't really like Cartoon Network anymore. It used to be good with shows like Gundam Wing and Tenchi Muyo. I would really love to watch those again...

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Actually guys, there's gonna be a Ed, Edd n Eddy movie. I don't know when, but I heard that it's gonna air in 2008, so hopefully before the end of this year. ;)

The main reason I'm mad at CN is that all the stuff I used to watch is-gone. J-A-W-N, as Numbuh 4 put it. I mean, I know there's a new generation and all, but...us teens and preteens still wanna watch the old stuff!!

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Cartoon Network, moar liek Cartoon Failwork

They took awya all the good shows Like Dexter, Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, DBZ, Toonami, etc, etc. And replaced with crappy shows.

GRANTED, Flabjack and Chowder are probally the only 2 good shows.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Flapjack I thought was totally ridiculous..but it's actually really funny. Aside from that, I like Total Drama Island. Totally stereotypical representation of teen personalities and lame language but it's decently funny and a 24/7 representation of Survivor in a cartoon series. Heh.

Otherwise, I totally agree with everything said here. Cartoon Network has totally gone downhill, shows like Johnny Test and all the pick-ups from the WB added to the fact that they play Tom&Jerry at a random point during the midday watch proves they've run out of material.

You can't compare Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd, n' Eddy to the likes of the meh they've got on now.

In addition, yeah, what the Hoppip did they do with Toonami and the awesome Friday/Saturday line-ups they used to have? It seems like Adult Swim is purely focused on the gross and disgusting appeal to the 10-17 year old male audience. Lame. I for one though Justice League was a killer show, I was really sad the addition of all the new heroes and stories brought it down. Teen Titans was also mega fun, same kind of thing happened there T_T. I don't think either were CN originals but it was great they showed it.

And HELLO. DBZ, anyone? I can't be the only one that misses it. Despite the incredulous amount of filler episodes, this show rawked everyone's socks. They should have brought it back to a prime afternoon timeslot, showcasing episodes from all the series. So many didn't even make it to CN. Granted they have Naruto nowadays, but it's not the same...I miss the kamaihamaiha...

To finish, OH MY GOD. I MISS ZOIDS. Anyone else? I pretty much loved this show, I don't know why, but when I was 13 it was seriously the coolest concept to me. An anime with teams that competed in a world wide competition fighting other teams of personalized robotic droids that came in all sorts of dinosaur-related forms. Killah-tizzight. Haha.

Oh and P.S., what's with Pokemon only getting a lame Saturday morning timeslot? Where's the afternoon/evening spot it totally deserves?

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    To finish, OH MY GOD. I MISS ZOIDS. Anyone else? I pretty much loved this show, I don't know why, but when I was 13 it was seriously the coolest concept to me. An anime with teams that competed in a world wide competition fighting other teams of personalized robotic droids that came in all sorts of dinosaur-related forms. Killah-tizzight. Haha.

Tell me about it. It was my favorite show when I was ten. I went out and bought half of the war season...Chaotic Century.

And...Johnny Test is fail. Way to rip off the name of one of the greatest shows of all time, CN.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    Cartoon Network is fail as of now. All the good shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter, Ed Edd and Eddy etc are all gone. I watched those when I was a little girl. Now we get this crap like Johnny Test. The only actually DECENT show is the Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. I only watch Cartoon Network for that show. Of course, Total Drama Island is hilarious too. I haven't even seen Fosters lately. That was a good show too.

Years
    Cartoon Network was once good. I loved Courage the Cowardly Dog (I watched an entire marathon of it when I was in ninth grade) and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. They were funny shows. I also loved to watch the old school Pokemon episodes, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.

Apart from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, all of the network's cartoons and anime are now awful. That makes me feel sad.

Last edited:
    Years
    Cartoon Network has been ruined since 2004, when they made the big changover in programming (much in the way Toon Disney did that very same year). They changed their logo, and gradually, started dropping all of their good programming that actually brought fans to the network. The sole survivor is Ed, Edd n Eddy, which I can't even watch anymore. The formula that made the show so great in Seasons 1-4 has totally been dismantled from the bottom up, and it's just not funny now. I'm just hoping for is some DVD releases of the first four seasons, because Cartoon Network hardly ever plays the good episodes in reruns anymore.

...and as far as everything else they have goes, it just flat out sucks. Put aside the bad new cartoons like Chowder and Johnny Test, and consider the fact that a place, which once called itself the home of cartoons, now has all this so-called original live-action crap that their throwing at us (like Disney is also now doing). I mean, this stuff is pretty much unwatcheable, because everytime I even think about, it makes me sad, and angry, that a once great network has sold its soul... and for what? New viewers? You could probably attract new viewers even with the old stuff. Shows like the Flintstones, Jetsons, Looney Tunes, etc. was all created way before my time, but I still loved watching them, and they were some of my favorite shows.

I can't even begin to describe how much I hate Cartoon Network now. Thankfully Boomerang is still around, so some of the classic shows that I've come to love I can still watch (I still think its completely wrong that these shows have been moved to a network that not everyone can watch, though).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Like everyone else, I think Cartoon Network has gone down the crapper. After Ed, Edd and Eddy ended I knew CN was done for, because that was the last of their good show lineup. I used to laugh and poke fun at Boomerang and called it a channel for old people, but that's my sweet escapade of a channel now. ;-; All the good stuff is either there or gone from television entirely now. Seriously, where the f- did Looney Tunes go? I don't even find it on the Spanish CN anymore and that version is yeearrs behind America (meaning, they haven't bombed entirely yet).

And WHY is CN airing live action stuff? That's totally blasphemous to the channel's name. CARTOON NETWORK. I don't want no live action bull on a channel made for cartoons. CN's kid followers nowadays are doomed, being subjected to the crap they call cartoons. The only reason I even watch it anymore is for Pokemon and the occasional good cartoon reruns (such as Courage the Cowardly Dog only last month).

Bludycomicsinc

Years
    Actually guys, there's gonna be a Ed, Edd n Eddy movie. I don't know when, but I heard that it's gonna air in 2008, so hopefully before the end of this year. ;)

That's pretty much a flat out rumor.It might happen however,but don't get your hopes up that high.It's to bad the series had to end.

I new carttoon network got rid of those old shows it's been downhill.I can't stand to watch cartoon network anymore.Total drama island is the only decent show right now.Also what"s with this "Secret Saturdays crap?If they get rid of adult swim though I'll cry.I don't wach cartoon network anymore since their failing.

Last edited:

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    I new carttoon network got rid of those old shows it's been downhill.I can't stand to watch cartoon network anymore.Total drama island is the only decent show right now.Also what"s with this "Secret Saturdays crap?If they get rid of adult swim though I'll cry.I don't wach cartoon network anymore since their failing.

Its too bad Total Drama Island gets ridiculous censorship done to it. If you watched it last night, then watch the Canadian version of that same episode, you'll see how horribly it was censored.

If they got rid of Adult Swim, I'd prevent my TV from even accessing the channel. And does anyone else notice their flawed scheduling of the Secret Saturdays? Like, how its new episodes will come on Fridays?

Bludycomicsinc

Years
    Its too bad Total Drama Island gets ridiculous censorship done to it. If you watched it last night, then watch the Canadian version of that same episode, you'll see how horribly it was censored.

If they got rid of Adult Swim, I'd prevent my TV from even accessing the channel. And does anyone else notice their flawed scheduling of the Secret Saturdays? Like, how its new episodes will come on Fridays?

Yes.I saw the episode.They have that Saturday action cartoon thing.It would make more sense.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    Cartoon Network was never one of my favorites. Except when Godzilla was on it. They ruined pokemon,yugioh,and alot of more things.

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
    Years
    Cartoon Network was great a while back, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Courage, Dexter, and Fosters rocked. (cant think of anymore atm but i know there are.)

The new shows suck, and they got rid of Toonami. WTH are you thinking CN?

I also have no idea what you guys are saying about Flapjack... it sucks... hard. Its not funny at all. It is a fail'd attempt at humor, even the randomness doesn't help it in the slightest.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    Tell me about it. It was my favorite show when I was ten. I went out and bought half of the war season...Chaotic Century.

And...Johnny Test is fail. Way to rip off the name of one of the greatest shows of all time, CN.

Johnny Test was on Kids WB in 2003. Cartoon Network stole the show.

Johnny Quest was a TV SHow I never really saw, though.

Back