• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Castelia City: Too large or not large enough?

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
    I like Castelia City, though it could have been a lot more. I was not a fan of the "doors" for lack of a better word at each street. The City is supposed to be huge, and while it is big, I just think it could have been bigger.

Years
    I like it as it is. When I first got to Castelia City, it took me a bit to learn where everything was. Personally (and I saw this admitting I have horrible memory and sense of direction), if it were much bigger I'd probably just get frustrated with navigation. xD; It's small enough to get around relatively easily after a bit, but big enough to make you well aware that you're in what's supposed to be a large city.

My only real complaint is that as big as it is, there isn't a whole lot to do there.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    After all Castelia City isn't so big, it's normal size city. It has docks, big buildings and park but still. There are so many buildings where you can't go and that's bother me a little bit because I want to investigate as many places as I can.

Castelia City is modern city and it has docks so I like it.

Ash's Infernape

Pokémon Protector
    Years
    I would have liked the city a bit larger, Yet alone many more buildings accessible. Very less plot happened there, and you cannot get much there if you don't have the event items/Celebi. It is one of the largest Cities in PokeWorld, and it deserves to be larger. The 3Dness took away plot.

Years
    Castelia is huge! Yet there wasn't much to explore really, there wasn't even a game corner which came to me as a suprise...

(Gasp!) That's true! In like every other Pokemon game I've played, they had one somewhere... I quite liked wasting time in those things, especially when you could get hard-to-catch Pokemon as prizes. Maybe they'll put one in for Pokemon Grey? :P

blue

gucci
    Years
    I found myself exploring Castelia City for quite a while, it's just the right size in my opinion. They can't really make it any bigger.. it fits just nicely in Unova as the main city.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I was fine that there wasn't a game corner in Castelia City, though I did think the gym, or whatever was next to the gym on that street was a game corner - I was so excited thinking it'd be 3D, but nooo, however...

(Gasp!) That's true! In like every other Pokemon game I've played, they had one somewhere... I quite liked wasting time in those things, especially when you could get hard-to-catch Pokemon as prizes. Maybe they'll put one in for Pokemon Grey? :P

This kinda thing fits perfectly into third game speculation where you can discuss if you think there will be anything like this in the third game and how they could implement it (although I personally think the Dream World covers that!)

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
    I think the size itself was perfect. Any larger and I would get lost (even more haha). But I wish the buildings had either more floors or more buildings were accessible. Definitely a great start, and I can't wait for the next one!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I would like all the cities in the game to be like this, but this one bigger than the rest. Not sure about you guys but ive dreamed for ages about a first person pokemon games.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Nimbasa would have been more appropriate for the main city. LOL.

Castelia is just a bunch of nice graphics and such for me, rendering all other arguments useless. Nimbasa has way more to offer than Castelia.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    The 3D carousel style felt like a gimmick, but I actually liked Castelia City... There was enough to keep me occupied for quite some time, and it took a while to get through it. I just wish it were larger, there isn't much to do there now for me except submit survey results.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Too large. There isn't much to do there as there appears at first glance. If they got rid of an entire street, it'd be perfect (probably the one with the ice cream).

Back