• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cat vs. Dog

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Entei has aspects of several different animals, but most prominently it resembles a male lion (feline).

Raikou is based off on either a Tiger (feline) or, in retrospect, a Sabertooth (feline).

To sum this all up, they are both feline.
    The thought of them being canine is a misconception.

Suicune, however, resembles a wolf (canine) or a cheetah (feline).
    Its ability to purify water is also reminiscent of a unicorn.

So basically, Suicune could go either way.
    Although, adding a canine into a feline group wouldn't make any sense
    due to the fact that both the canine and feline species are foes.

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Considering I have always thought of them as simply "Legendary Beasts," I never really thought to debate whether one was feline or canine. To me, a beast is simply a creature that is not clearly defined or has no classification. The three Legendary Beasts of the second generation seem to fit into that category. I don't believe they are dog or cat-like, just simply creatures that were made to protect and observe different aspects and thus resemble such.

I think of them more as ancient deities if anything...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Verdict: They're all beasts and it doesn't really matter whether or not they're feline or canine. You're meant to use your imagination. Thus this thread won't really reach a common agreement as no one ever has succeeded with that since the release of GSC. But gathering opinions is nice enough to continue.

Man, you stole my post. >:O Yeah, agreed completely. I've always considered them mythical beats, if I had to choose one though, I simply couldn't pick. Because they can resemble so many creatures in today's world.

And who says all the Pocket Monsters have to resemble ONE animal? For some of them, I always thought it was a multiple amount of different ones.

Back